Some Bugs

blze

just got my new shit together, got the first day glitches, as usual, so was wondering if i was forgetting any dummy checks.

the only "downgrade" on my system is the 450w power supply. my old one was running a 550w. i can feel how much smoother it runs but am having FPS problems, or was, in cz after playing some bf2. temp was good, load time was fast, everything was smooth as eggs, except i had a real unstable fps...from 100.0 down to like 32.0... and everywhere in between. i couldnt figure out what was causing it, like i stood in the middle of a smoke nade and it stayed at a constant number. but would run out of spawn with nothing going on and it would drop to the 30's... weird.

anitalias-off
antisotrop-off
v-sync-off

am i missing something? do i need to adjust rates and updaterates bc of new mobo/proc? could it just be the shitty power supply gets weak after a while? i think im just missing a tweak or 2 somewhere. any help would be leet. thx.

GFX - GForce 6800 OC GT 256
MOBO - ASUS A8V
PROC - AMD 64 3700+

anything else you might need? holler.

Werbung:

imported_SuXoR

I read somewhere in newegg motherboard reviews about that happening to other ppl after playing bf2. They thought it was a mobo issue, but it was an n-force 4 mb, not a via. So that leads me to believe that perhaps bf2 has a memory leak problem. Maybe thats why it likes to run on 2 gb of mem. gg

That is from our forum.

Here is a link that confirms my suspicion:

http://www.digg.com/gaming/EA_Recalls_Battlefield_2_1.01_patch

I don't know if you're running that patch, or if it is still an issue, but it is noteworthy nonetheless.

blze

no, i am running v1.21 but still think it is somewhat of an issue. i guess what im asking is are there any obvious things that i have missed in my configs or setup? if its the game then its the game and thats that. i just want to make sure i have my shit up and running correctly. thx for the research homes!!!

blze

just to finish this out, eggs, i have a buddy here in charlotte who gave me the same diagnoses as you did. thinks the IDE cables are on the mobo's RAID slot and not the regular IDE.... i will give it a go after work and let you know. thx for j00r help. mew1

blze

IDEWARNING.png

this is what is fucked up. it is an ATA Driver warning that i get. HERE IS THE THING: can i just shut it down? im using the 2 IDE slots, not ATA/SATA shit. my primary IDE is going to my HD's and my secondary IDE to my CD-ROMS. i dont use the ATA slots. that seems like its set up correctly to me...

w t f is juice?

Werbung: