talked to a E-machines tec.

CrisisVT

SuXoR said:
Crisis,

Do not recomment a 7800gt. For the same price point, one can get a 7900gt that has performance on par with a 7800gtx 256 meg. As a plus, the 7900 is fabbed with the new 90 nm process and uses less power and creates less heat output than the 7800 series.

I just got the xfx 7900gt extreme that is clocked at 550 core 816 mem. It is a 24 pipe card (as opposed to the 7800gt 20 pipes) and runs faster than the 7800gtx 256 meg. I paid $350 for the card.

My mistake on the 7800, I've been really busy with work and school this semester so I wasn't aware of the 7900 price point; thanks for catching it.

Werbung:

imported_SuXoR

NP man.

Hey Myth, it is rumored that the 7900 series is capable of quad SLI. I'll bet the quad SLI Dell we talked about a few months back uses 7900 gtx's. 8)

So, that means get your $2K check ready for 4 7900gtx's and a new MB. :D

Actually, you will prolly need a 1000w psu to run those bad boys!

mYth

SuXoR said:
NP man.

Hey Myth, it is rumored that the 7900 series is capable of quad SLI. I'll bet the quad SLI Dell we talked about a few months back uses 7900 gtx's. 8)

So, that means get your $2K check ready for 4 7900gtx's and a new MB. :D

Actually, you will prolly need a 1000w psu to run those bad boys!

I'm stickin with my dualie SLI......for now :twisted:

Fiero

ok pickin up this v-card next week, should i upgrade my memory first or wait? and if first, any good deals on memory sticks?

WoRm5406

I would upgrade both at teh same time.

go to:

www.crucial.com

There is a link there to scan your system.

It will show you what type and brand that tehy recommend.

Now...

You can either order from them.

-OR-

Take the part number they tell you to get and go window shopping some where else.

I got my stuff from them. But then again I got 2 x 1 gig sticks. (Total of 2 gigs on system) And the price was the best by 2 bucks. (For the brand they quoted) Yes some other companies had it cheaper... But they were also using NO-NAME brand that I didn't want to touch with a 10 foot poll with Billy pushing.

Werbung: