The Forgotten Diary

ragingspeedhorn

Copyed from www.clancbs.com/ Thread made by IMNOTGOOD.

The Forgotten Diary is a trilogy I have been writing. It has 3 "episodes", each one will have own campaign. The first episode, and campaign, should be named as Into the Darkness or Demon Wars. Depends..

Every campaign is a RPG, like Rexxar's RPG in TFT.
The whole project is based on a storyline. I'm not going to make it too "fancy" with cool models, skins etc. The thing that is going to be best thing is supposed to be the storyline. This project got nothing to do with regular WC3 world. It will have its own world, and even history if I'm not too lazy.

Storyline would spoil too much and I'm not gonna write it here. History instead, is a whole different thing:

Even the most powerful mage, Magnus the Mighty, didn't know how the world was created. That secret they might never discover. Peaceful life they lived, for long, long time. But then it happened. The sky started to burn and meteors rain down. They thought it was doomsday. And it was, but not in that way they wished it to be. One meteor, contained a mighty Demoness, Sedaxus, who had demi-god powers. Sedaxus created a cult, the Cult of Darkness. They were summoning demons, all kind of them. They gather an army from them. They were also able to summon the Black Orcs. These Orc's were corrupted by Sergaras. They were willing to serve Sedaxus, and so they declared war against man-kind. Knowing the knowledge of the Elves, they didn't attack them first. But humans, and their kingdom Sigmaren would be perfect opponent. Dwarves would be strong enough to take half of their army. But by enslaving humans to their will, they would engage other two races also.
So the first Demon War started. Sigmaren tried to reinforce their defences, but it was useless. Man by man was killed, city by city was burned in their way. So the day came, and the Demons were sieging Aelon. Least 10 000 Orc and 500 Demon were sieging their walls. They were led by Sedaxus. Aelon's defence hold them back for 16 days. Then it's walls were breaken. When all the hope was lost, Magnus sacrificed himself. Bright light was coming inside from him. Everyone stopped, they could breath, but hear or see anything they couldn't. When they were able to see again, all the Orc and Demons were gone.
They all got sealed behind a gate, they got banished into Forgotten Lands. But it cost Magnus life.
Years passed. Sigmaren lived in a paradise. Everything was good. No Orcs attacking, Demons corrupting. Or so they thought. Sedaxus was able to connect to human mind from Forgotten Lands. She created Darkness Cult again. They were led by Valencia Doomfang. Their only goal was to open the gate once more. But the Cult got purged. Everyone were slayed by Telric. He left Valencia alive, because he was in love with her. But High Order of Paladins knew their relationship. They decided to execute Valencia and banish Telric. But neither one of this happened. Telric and Valencia ran to the gate, they break the seal. The gate was opened. They left to Forgotten Lands. And in there they had a son, they named him as Ulric Doomfang. They took their son to Valthor, mighty paladin who promised to raise him as his son.
Now the Black Orcs are raiding Sigmaren once more...

I'm writing background story, but it wont be rdy before february.
Background story's main characters are Ulric's parents, Telric and Valencia.
More to come

The first campaign starts with prologue (sry my english) cinematic. It shows Black Orcs attacking Human's encamptment in Sigmaren.

The first "playable map" starts in Forgotten Lands, where the Demons and Orcs live. Divine Wolves, led by Valthor, are looking for Frozen Fire Citadel. In there, the Frozen Fire clan lives. They are also Humans, but who have settled (or banished) into there. Divine Wolves settle up into there. And then the player starts to do quests. He meets other heros on the way, and those heros are willing to help him.

This trilogy is mainly based on storyline. Cause I'm able only to recolor skins, I can't yet think anything too fancy. I'm decent terrainer, and a bit beter than average in triggering. So I can't do anything right..

CHARACTERS

"Good Guys"

Ulric Doomfang
Player itself is Ulric Doomfang, lonely man. Nobody likes Ulric. Nobody never liked him at all. Only Valthor saw something good in him. Valthor raised Ulric as his child when Ulric's parents left him to Valthor.

Valthor Crystalmind
Powerful Paladin, member of High Order of Paladins and leader of Divine Wolves. Nobody knows his past.

Foran Coldfire
Son of Firzen, leader of Frozen Fire clan.

Ethanael
Is a strong warrior. He once was a Night Elf Demon Hunter, who got banished with other Night Elves. They settled into Forgotten Lands, where strange Magical Source cursed them, and they became the Cursed Elves. Not many of them are left, since they fought against demons.

"Bad Guys"

Sedaxus
Queen of Forgotten Lands and mighty Demoness. Some say that her powers would even match for Cenarius's powers.

Beregrim the Dragonslayer
Leader of the Black Orcs. Orcs say that Beregrim killed every single red dragon in Forgotten Lands. And they were masses of red dragons there.

Places

Sigmaren (the land wich is dominated by humans. Like Lordaeron)
-Aelon (capital city)

Forgotten Lands
-Frozen Fire Citadel
-Blood Mountains
-Chamber of Doom; Throne of Sedaxus

That's not all the places, I just got problems to name 'em ^^
Post here if you are interested AND/OR send me e-mail to:
Im_Not_Good@hotmail.com

Its is a massive project, and for now all its members are in CBS. Might be, that this could come Clan CBS project. Never know

The Team (for now)
IMNOTGOOD (Project leader, basic terrainer, basic triggerer, storywriter, "skinner" [re-coloring], basic cinematic..)
raginspeedhorn (Lead Terrainer)
Laosh'Ra (Trigger Assistant)

---------------------------------------
Now, posting the campaign here is mostly for the 1 reason, to gather more members as we are still 1-3 men short, the more the merrier as you say :D

People needed atm is:
-1/2 Triggerer's (pretty advanced, since game cache's needed)
-1 other terrainer to share the terraining with me (ragingspeedhorn :p)
-1 Person in charge of all JASS scripts (Dont know what is needed yet as it is not me who is leading this, just the lead terrainer :p)
-POSSIBLY a modeller / skinner, depends...
---------------------------------------

Werbung:

Fladian

After reading the first part, I got interested straight away. Unfortunately, the story was a big letdown for me.

I guess I'll wish you guys luck ;)

ragingspeedhorn

Well, I dont care that much for the story itself, I am in it to help out IMNOTGOOD as he is really passionate for this and I have a little time off anyways :D

Well, thx for the reply anyways ;)

Werbung:

Imnotgood

After reading the first part, I got interested straight away. Unfortunately, the story was a big letdown for me.

I guess I'll wish you guys luck ;)
[/b]

it was? A big letdown I mean. It's good to have negative comment too.
Can you actually say what was boring or bad? So I could try to make it better.