The Start of the Warcraft III Section

Fladian

Let me be the first to defile this part of the forum with the disease of 'Fladia... ah, who am I kidding.

As the descriptions says already, how was your first Warcraft III Experience? Did you like it the moment you played it? Did you know it from previous versions? Or what? :p

I played it at a friend at the start... I guess I had a sudden liking to it, but then again, back then, I liked such games.

Werbung:

Fredalf

Hmm. I think I fell in love with it from day one. However, I never really appreciated it until I started playing custom maps, looking at concept art etc., and finally modding it. WC3 was the first game I started to look beyond "just playing" and actually looking at how it was made. With that, I´ve learned not only how to mod for WC, but I also learned how to use programs like Photoshop and 3DS Max. It also got me into drawing, which has led to my artistic skills increasing drastically from when I first started somewhere around spring 2004.

So yeah, there´s the story of my life for the past year and a half :p

Fladian

Hmm. I think I fell in love with it from day one. However, I never really appreciated it until I started playing custom maps, looking at concept art etc., and finally modding it. WC3 was the first game I started to look beyond "just playing" and actually looking at how it was made. With that, I´ve learned not only how to mod for WC, but I also learned how to use programs like Photoshop and 3DS Max. It also got me into drawing, which has led to my artistic skills increasing drastically from when I first started somewhere around spring 2004.[/b]
I can't really say I felt the same way as that, especially since I had no access to Battle.net with a cracked version ;) I bought the game later on.

Where it brought you in drawing, it brought me in writing - not to mention that I was paid ;)

So yeah, there´s the story of my life for the past year and a half :p
[/b]
Something tells me that you didn't really have an exciting life.
...we're soul mates. :p

Fredalf

Where it brought you in drawing, it brought me in writing - not to mention that I was paid ;) [/b]

You were paid?

Something tells me that you didn't really have an exciting life.[/b]

It wasn´t all that bad actually. But you know, hormones making one go crazy, girls messing up your life etc., I found that being "someone else" on the forums really helped me relax. That, and soccer of course:p But that has nothing to do with anything so =)

...we're soul mates. :p[/b]
;)

Fladian

You were paid?[/b]
I had a job to entertain students with short stories of mine in a small news paper-kind of went through the school. Apparently some of the stories that were in it, were a success and a small financial bonus is given to the "writers."
The income was big enough to buy lunch from time to time :p

It wasn´t all that bad actually. But you know, hormones making one go crazy, girls messing up your life etc., I found that being "someone else" on the forums really helped me relax. That, and soccer of course:p But that has nothing to do with anything so =)[/b]
Hormones, please, don't get me started :p If you get me started, then you'll never hear the end of it ;) But yeah, I understand what you said. I had quite a crappy life until 2 years ago.

Soccer. You don't want to get me started about that either. :p

Very off topic: Hey, what the... I'm a Rifleman =\

Fredalf

I had a job to entertain students with short stories of mine in a small news paper-kind of went through the school. Apparently some of the stories that were in it, were a success and a small financial bonus is given to the "writers."
The income was big enough to buy lunch from time to time :p[/b]

That sounds great, getting paid for something you liked doing^^

Hormones, please, don't get me started :p If you get me started, then you'll never hear the end of it ;) But yeah, I understand what you said. I had quite a crappy life until 2 years ago.[/b]

I don´t want to risk anything so, we´ll just leave it at that:p

Soccer. You don't want to get me started about that either. :p[/b]
I won´t =)

Very off topic: Hey, what the... I'm a Rifleman =\
[/b]

Would you look at that. We´ve managed to get two topics "Off topic" in an hour ;)

Fladian

That sounds great, getting paid for something you liked doing^^[/b]
It is. :p
Actually, because of an interest in something, I am trying to base my future carreer on it. (Thank an interview I read about my idol :p) It's not writing though. :p

It gets a little annoying when you can't think of anything decent. Sometimes it is quite hard, then suddenly, the funny slips a little away.

I don´t want to risk anything so, we´ll just leave it at that:p
I won´t =)[/b]
That'll be the best for both of us :p Though someone will get me started at either of the two sooner or later...

Would you look at that. We´ve managed to get two topics "Off topic" in an hour ;)
[/b]
Wanna do more threads in less than an hour? :p

Fredalf

That'll be the best for both of us :p Though someone will get me started at either of the two sooner or later...[/b]

I guess some things are inevitable, let´s just hope it happens in a more fitting thread ;)

Wanna do more threads in less than an hour? :p[/b]

Heheh. I get the feeling that this is only the beginning :p

Arkidas

Well my first experience wasn't special.
I wasn't really into modding,
All I played was ladder games OFFLINE and I cheated often, Funny eh?
But now I am a good ladder player and also enjoy modding aswell as playing custom maps,
I think Warcraft III is the best game I've ever played,
I like it more than WOW and I've played it since ROC released.

Kem Rixen

Lets see...my first WarCraft 3 expierance was at my friends' house, he had RoC and I was a big Diablo 2/StarCraft person around that time and I was really impressed by it. He bought me the battlechest in March of 2004, and I had lots of fun for awhile and finally picked up mapping in June of 2004; been doing it since. If it wasn't for WarCraft 3 modding I don't think I ever would have started visiting forums (At least not as soon as I did), WarCraft 3 Mod Forge was my first forum expierance, so I screwed up, a lot.

Fladian

I guess some things are inevitable, let´s just hope it happens in a more fitting thread ;)[/b]
Oh? Why's that? :p

Heheh. I get the feeling that this is only the beginning :p
[/b]
How did you guessed? I can't get loose until there are more members. I'm like a lion in a heavy cage, dangerous when you stand close, but you can't open the case unless you're with a lot. When it is opened, it is very dangerous, but you're sure of amusements.

Well my first experience wasn't special.[/b]
Your first experience of Fredalf and me taking over a thread, or your first experience of playing Warcraft? :p

I wasn't really into modding,[/b]
That came for me pretty quickly... but then again, I always liked modding.

Well, fact remains that Warcraft was a great game.

WarCraft 3 Mod Forge was my first forum expierance, so I screwed up, a lot.
[/b]
Decadence told me about that once. Warcraft 3 Mod Forge and Wc3c never had a good relationship.

I can't remember what my first experience was. That was either a forum of Black & White (BWGame.com) or Pgamers (Pgamers.com). I'm not sure which I would call my favorite forum now... Pgamers or Wc3c.

SeasonsOfLove

WC3 Mod Forge, just in the short time I visited it, was hacked 2 or 3 times by Draco and republicola. I know long before I came, the admins got along well, but I never did find out where all the hatred came from.

Fladian

Rivalry, perhaps or maybe it was just natural. Eitherway, I'm not really sure. But then again, it doesn't really matter at the end. Both of them aren't around any more.

Escurial

draco quit wc?...wc3

Well my first experiance was at the start of wc3. i bought the game and found out that i couldnt play online because i lagged way to much.
Then i started making maps learning myself to use triggers from maps made from blizzard. (maybe a weird way to learn triggers but hey it works) i built a few maps and i friends play them. got some good a feedback. but anyway i downloaded every campaign/solomap i could find and played alot. until i jumped back to baldursgate and nox. Then i got better internet and kept playing nox alot.
Then i finaly dicided to check out wc3 again and now im here!!...wait thats my lifestory...
Anyway my first experiance was great. but my first time online with cable was the best.

Werbung:

Fladian

draco quit wc?...wc3[/b]
You sound surprised. Don't say you didn't expect it.

Well my first experiance was at the start of wc3. i bought the game and found out that i couldnt play online because i lagged way to much.[/b]
That brings back memories ;)

Then i started making maps learning myself to use triggers from maps made from blizzard. (maybe a weird way to learn triggers but hey it works)[/b]
Not all that strange. I know stranger ways, though the way I learned triggers isn't that special. In all honestly, I taught myself - but never understood the variables. As a matter of fact, I still don't understand them, though I learned how to make dialog buttons :p

Then i finaly dicided to check out wc3 again and now im here!!...wait thats my lifestory...
[/b]
That... sounds quite sad :p