The Story Forum

Undead_Lives

Well the section here seems a little dusty (or dead) and it could easily be revived. How? Read a few stories! For instance...

Fladian has recently released a few new stories, you can check them out.
I, Undead_Lives, have updated my "Ramblings of a Mad Man" and posted a new story.
And of course you could ALWAYS comment on the recent submissions from our story contest.

But on another note (I'm kinda combining two topics into one here) WHY IS THE STORY FORUM HERE? I mean, it has NOTHING to do with the site (other than existing). It doesn't belong with announcements and site discussions, it belongs where it was, in the Arreat Summit with Chat.

PS to Fladian: If you would like to edit my post and make it more detailed (like adding links and info about stories) you are free to do so.

Werbung:

Alekill

well the reason i see that theres not that much activity in the story's area is because well everywere is have a sortof slump and over like the alst weak i'v only seen you undead_lives fladian arkidas theres probly a fews mor ebut i cant remember right now

Fladian

I already mentioned that earlier in an other thread. It's pretty quiet on the forum at the moment. That the Story Forum suffers because of that is only logical.

There is nothing in this section to reply to (for me) currently either, so, there is not much I can do.

As a laste note, I said that I wouldn't write on requests anymore (except if it was a very nice girl :p) but I will do one more as soon as I can and get the... well, inspiration isn't the right word. It's a story based on a true event. Not to mention that the problem in that story is currently a problem out here in the Netherlands, which many people ignore. This probably could possibly occur in other nations as well, but I don't have ears related to that problem in other parts of the world, unfortunately.

I am surprised as well to find the Story Forum here, but it is probably only temporarily. I could name several other stuff in the Anvil forum which I find... remarkable.

Writing is still my biggest hobby and one of the things that provides me with most fun. However, on my Project-day (every wednesday), I am supposed to write reports, which take quite a lot of time and energy. Yesterday was the first time I did that, which truly proved to be hilarious. I noticed I ran out of inspiration half way through a page when I had to write a collection of reports - something I used to be good at. Perhaps I'm a bit rusty, or maybe I didn't have enough stress and pressure yet.
It's funny how my behavior suddenly changed when Franklin (a project member) offered me something to eat if I finished the report in ten minutes. Unfortunately, I didn't finish it in ten minutes... it took me fifteen.
Here comes my question to myself. Does this mean I should write more, or less instead. I need the inspiration of writing more, but I have to save my thoughts for those ("goofy") reports. ("Dear God! The slime is dropping from it!" - Franklin (slime = Dutch for butt-kissing :p))

Kem Rixen

I haven't been able to finish anything, I've been going for huge, overambitious projects, I have a ton of stuff, but not one full story. It's not that I'm in a rut, it's that I've just strayed too far away from my origins of short stories and such. I'll post up one of the projects I was working on in a minute or so, it was going to be very cool. I also had two other big projects, one from ages ago, and another I just started. One called The Seldom Seen Narator, and another called Your Guide to Fredricksville. The one I'll post has nothing to do with either, it never really got a name.

Edit: That's right, I already did post it back in early August, I completly forgot until I was making the post. It's called The Flying Potato, a name I hate that I used now, as it was going to be quite serious. I'll undig some other dead thing of mine and post it I guess...

Fladian

Flad there is a ton of stuff for you to reply to. My new stuff, for instance, and I don't know if you've read Kem's new stuff as well.
[/b]
Not really, actually. I did read them (I think), but there was something that kept me from replying to them, which I am not sure what it was. Maybe I was stalling for a good idea, maybe it wasn't worth it to reply to, or perhaps I plainly didn't feel like posting in it. I can't say that I've read 'Right to Live' though. I'll read that one next hour.

And I could have sworn that I've already replied to that 'Flying Potato' thing. Must have been during my bad-internet-connection days and that the post didn't show up in the end... quite a shame.

I haven't been able to finish anything, I've been going for huge, overambitious projects, I have a ton of stuff, but not one full story. It's not that I'm in a rut, it's that I've just strayed too far away from my origins of short stories and such. I'll post up one of the projects I was working on in a minute or so, it was going to be very cool. I also had two other big projects, one from ages ago, and another I just started. One called The Seldom Seen Narator, and another called Your Guide to Fredricksville. The one I'll post has nothing to do with either, it never really got a name.[/b]
I can relate to that problem. It's no big secret that I can't write short stories. I was giving a try with short chapters with uhm... what was it called again? Frontline Camp. Chances are likely that I'll continue that one soon. Despite that it is not my kind of genre to write, I do find it funny.

I was personally kind of stuck with requests for a while, until I stopped doing them. I am eager to do one more, which I mentioned earlier.

Edit: That's right, I already did post it back in early August, I completly forgot until I was making the post. It's called The Flying Potato, a name I hate that I used now, as it was going to be quite serious. I'll undig some other dead thing of mine and post it I guess...
[/b]
You could always ask Undead or me to change the title of the thread. As far as I know, you still have all the rights to change your own thread... it's title and stuff. Undead and I will do the rest, if necessary.

Kem Rixen

You could always ask Undead or me to change the title of the thread. As far as I know, you still have all the rights to change your own thread... it's title and stuff. Undead and I will do the rest, if necessary.
[/b]
I would, but I can't think of another name, and I calling it untitled project or something would just be boring.

Fladian

I was surprised myself too, as I mentioned earlier. But it doesn't really matter eitherway. The regulars found it again, and that's pretty much all that counts.

Regardless, there have been more people complaining about it.

Werbung: