The voices told me too say hello to you :)

Mavus

German is so confusing... although it's like Dutch, I suppose it was our teachers fault. I swear to god he's so stoopid and annoying, I suppose he can't like us either after what we put him through with the whole destroying his new laptop and everything.

Werbung:

Fladian

I'm quite fond of Japanese as well, and often have a nice list of Japanese music on my Music player on my computer (which is usually Winamp). I've had one or two songs on my Mp3 player for a while, but they are quite recently removed. I don't like being compared to anything Asian in real life, because I am partly Asian but know next to nothing about it - and would like to keep it that way.

I've had Spanish class for a while, but I stopped going because of two reasons. One of those reasons was that all my friends (except for one) stopped with it and the other reason was that I found it too hard to learn in such a short span of time.

As for German... well, I've had German class for three years, as I recall. Two years on High school and one year last year. The person I've kept the best relationship with since last year is currently a lot better in German than I am, and she only knows how to pronounce a couple of sentences. You see, I only know one.
"Ich spreche keine Deutsch."
German classes weren't that bad though. I don't remember much from my high school periods, but last year is still quite clear for me. My German teacher retired halfway during the year and a somewhat inexperienced teacher took his place. Extremely nice guy (one of the nicest teachers I've ever met) and his classes were a lot of fun. The only problem was: he had to prepare us for a German exam, but the retired teacher didn't leave him any note. In other words, he didn't have any books to give us (note: we didn't have anything to study from) and he had no idea (at all) what we already learned from our previous teacher, meaning that he was quite clueless. Still, a very nice guy and three particular classes are very memorable. Those were the following:
1. When he ignored another class to teach three people from our class so we could go home earlier. To do this, he took us to another building (where I got lost) and we met a tall guy who seemed pretty nice. Quite unfortunate that we never saw him again after that.
2. When we had a German oral exam, which ended up being a (near) disaster for everyone. With my poor German, I constantly covered my partner who was supposed to be far better than German than I am.
3. The very last class of German I've ever had. He really didn't feel like giving class and treated us to some cookies. A classmate who didn't attend to German classes decide to sit with us for one class and the teacher assumed he always had German class, resulting in some akward reactions from nearly everyone.
24/03/06 "German class was boring today, but that cookie was sure good. I wouldn't mind having another one." - Bram, a now former classmate.
What does remind me always of this teacher is that he seemed to be very fond of my last name and the one of a girl from another class who always attended to German class too. Now do know this, I don't like being called by my last name because it sounds corny.

German class has some nice memories... Spanish not. The bit of Japanese I speak isn't something to be proud of. Still, it is excellent material for jokes. Both the German and the Japanese, that is.

Squishy-1

the only thing i know (in german) is inka blokien valgen volkswagon (just made that up) i know a lot of spanish because i have alot of mexican friends and coming from california and some other things ivepicked up alot, as for japanese i know 4 words happiness, fire, love, and evil but i dont know how to write it or what the symbols look like
and i think dragon is long but that might be chinese

Fladian

Note: excuse me if I spell anything wrong in this post. I only know how to pronounce it.

There are some minor sentences that I can make in Japanese, but nothing which is really worth mentioning. But like you, Squishy, I don't know how to write kanji, katakana or hiragana. Well, except for one ('no'), but I'm not sure if that's katakana or hiragana.

As for that German sentence you mentioned; I have no idea what you just said. "Ich spreche keine Deutsch" means "I don't speak German," on a side note.

Squishy-1

well that was really a joke the only german words most people know is volkswagen and gazunteiht (spelling?) and that joke really just emphasises on how much we dont know... i understood the "Ich spreche keine Deutsch" just because alot of english came from german, and a friend of mine who is german throws out alot of words and i just randomly ask whats that mean

Werbung:

Fladian

Dutch (my native language) is supposed to have more in common with German than English (which is true, as I am currently fluent in both English and Dutch but ironically enough not in my favorite 'language') does, but that doesn't mean it automatically becomes easy to understand or not hard to learn. Actually, quite bluntly put: I suck in German and am a bit ashamed because of it, because a lot of my (old) friends are partly German and my father is completely fluent in it and constantly tries to encourage me in learning German (when he noticed that encouraging me to learn French was in vain).
But in general, not that much English has something in common with German.

"Gazunteiht." I'm not sure how you spell it, but the Dutch version is pronounced almost similar. 'Gezondheid.' And to be honest, I'm kinda tired to say that lately. A friend of mine has something special while sneezing. I've known her for about one and a half (or perhaps two) years now, and I've yet to hear her sneeze once. When she sneezes, she sneezes at (the very) least three times in a row. In the good hope that she'll sneeze only one time for once, I'll always reply to it... *sigh* Good habits turning bad. =P

Still, German is a beautiful language, but I don't speak it. The only two languages I am able to speak fluently are English and Dutch. French, Italian, Spanish, German and a few other languages I know a bit of, but barely enough to create a sentence of, let alone hold a conversation with it. A friend of mine speaks twelve different languages, which was directed as a blow against me. It's been a little while since I've talked with her, but the proof she gave me was strong enough. She is quite good in all of them as well, which is perhaps the most scariest of them all. To make the blow against me even worse... she is three (or was it four?) years younger than I am and is so darn good in those languages... (She was the one who convinced me to take Spanish classes; I could choose between German, Spanish and Frenc... uh... Spanish classes)

*shivers* Come to think of it... she still owes me a meal.