Warcraft 3 Anvil Becoming Less Wacraft 3?

Undead_Lives

With the new addition to the forums, I personally believe that this site is becoming less oriented with Warcraft 3. Voice your opinions on this, and also whether you like it being less Warcaft 3 if that is the case.
I personally do NOT like how it is becoming less Warcraft oriented, but that's just me.

Werbung:

TerranUp16

Ultimately, it depends really. In some ways, it is a good nexus for WarCraft fans to speak of things other than WC3. Ultimately, there isn't quite as much to talk about w/WC3 as there used to be.

Alekill

well the new arreat summit is basically a giant off topic area pluss there is still at least 3x more forums about wc3 so i think this is just fine its just people need to be more active in those forums...including me ><

Undead_Lives

Indeed that's true, more activity is needed.
But making more forums for non-Warcraft related topics lessens the activity in the other forums, which are already hindered.

Fladian

I don't agree with what you say, Undead. Despite you could call them "useless" as they are all able to be discussed in the off-topic se... uh... "chat" as well, it might be better to have seperate sections for it. Not only does it avoid confusion, but on the long term, it might turn out to be useful as well, though I also admitted that I have a bad feeling with one of them.

The debating, as example, is a far more serious subforum than the others. It is probably easier to find a good and serious argument in this subforum than in the "chat" forum. People will take things faster as a joke there. Though I can be quite a sport in jokes, it is in my nature to be serious from time to time, though admitted I have been far more serious lately than I actually should be.
I did not speak to Arkidas about these changes. Reasons for that are that I have been busy and the day that I wasn't, I lost my internet connection - believe o' me, it has been a long time since I played a game for the entire day long ^^ - and was unable to get into contact with other people. Today is not the right day to discuss about that either, seeing as it is my birthday today and I have other things in my mind than a forum, except that I just came back from school - please, don't ask - and had some stuff left to do on the internet... throwing some comment on the forum is a nice addition.

That the site has less with Warcraft could be expected, as Warcraft (itself) is getting less and less. Trying to attract people from other places is not exactly my way of dealing with this kind of stuff, though I must also admit that I don't know any other way to attract more members to Anvil. Therefore, this will have to do.

I also admitted in the other thread that I was unsure about one of the new forums. Considering as all of them has few, if any, threads, I'll be able to keep an eye on them myself for the time being. Don't worry about spam-fests. Well... um... unless you get me started. :p

TerranUp16

Happy B-Day Fladian.

One other answer may be to perhaps better support the next generation of WC3. I don't mean to be arrogant, however, atm, it seems as if that next generation will be GTW and/or PR. Hm, I guess when one really thinks about it, PR isn't the next generation of WC3, however, it will do some to revitalize WC3, for a time if nothing else. I hate to sound arrogant, however, GTW seems more to be that next generation. It is actually designed to be that next generation of WC3, pushing it more into modern times, with some very modern systems, and strong design. Custom maps are what is keeping WC3 afloat, and GTW will offer not only better custom maps, but better tools to make them as well, allowing mappers to use systems such as physics, dynamic accuracy, crawling, etc... as well as a full library of fresh models. I'm not trying to advertise GTW, though I am, in many ways, attempting to make a point.

Now that wc3anvil is our full, official forum, members will definitely get to see more stuff from us. Actually, I was thinking that perhaps we could have a section of the forum that only registered wc3anvil members can see, and perhaps another section for members with 250+ posts.

GTW is more than willing to aide in revitalizing the GTW community in any way(s) we can.

Kem Rixen

Indeed that's true, more activity is needed.
But making more forums for non-Warcraft related topics lessens the activity in the other forums, which are already hindered.
[/b]
That's making a rash, and in my opinion, wrong assumption. Your assumption being that people only come on for X minutes of their day, never more, never less. With the new forums you assume they'll have to split that bit of time out over many more forums, thus ignoring others. This assumption is very far off from the truth, people, in general, stay at forums for as long as topics interest them. With more topics to discuss they'll stay longer, contribute more, and help Anvil grow.

The intent here was to make it so that people instead of going to multiple sites for all their needs, would only need to come to one. Which, even using your theory of people only have a preset number of minutes, would then double their minutes as the people would only be visiting one site now.

Werbung: