Warcraft 3 Anvil Becoming Less Wacraft 3?

Raiju

Let these beacon-forums be, in time, we will get used to them

Almost all forums began with "resumed" forums, when they get to grow (or want to grow) they naturally split the categories

for me its the same thing except i have to open more windows in my navigator ^^

PS: I didnt like "Arreat Summit", too much Diablo. Also there is an Blizz supported thing with this name already

Werbung:

Kem Rixen

Why, people you see here everyday. Almost everybody posts the most in the Chat section now. Yes, they like Warcraft, but where do they talk most? All of those new sections.[/b]
It's like a new video game, when you first get it you play it and play it, ignoring everything else, eventually you get tired of it and go back to the others. Once the newness wears off, it'll even out a lot more. At the same time, I don't think there was a decrease in activity anywhere, only an increase in activity in this one section, making the WarCraft section look weak in comparision.

Yes but that's a long way off from now.[/b]
So? The point is that he is thinking ahead, how to keep WarCraft 3 fansites going for years to come, even after WarCraft 4 (Yeah Right!) comes out.

That's good then. But we're talking about now. And I don't disagree that having GTW here is awesome, but they contribute in their own forums (understandable) yet very little in others.
[/b]
We had the same problem at WarCraft 3 Mod Forge for a while, eventually once everyone settled in they started to move out into other forums and everyone was a nice happy family. Which at the same time is a good example of what could happen to Anvil if it doesn't expand into other areas. WarCraft 3 Mod Forge is nearly dead, they stayed in one spot, and didn't expand, the members got tired, and left. Anvil expanding, promoting growth, not just in one section, but in all.

We don't need more members. We just need to become stupid - ask questions - and ask people to answer them. If you haven't noticed yet - not many of us are "noobs." No most of us have been here since the website started. But by the time we came here we were already at Wc3C/Wc3search. We knew most of what we could do and wanted to do. We are those who answer questions - but there is no one to ask them. Then again, I KNOW for a FACT that all of you, including me, do not know everything. So please, so that we can make this forum more active, ask questions of which you do not know the ansers too! It's nice if you try to be independant and do everything yourself - but the point of a forum is to get help, and help in return. Right now we are doing neither. We are sitting here in the off-topic section rambling on about how inactive we are. Isn't that ironic?

~Destruction

Fladian

EDIT: My apologies. I probably missed the second page when typing this post.

Yes but what kind of people are we attracting? If they see a bunch of non-Warcraft related sections and they sign up for that reason, are they going to post in the Warcraft forums a lot? Probably not.[/b]
That's nonsense. It may attract people that are not related to Warcraft, (which is not too likely, as it remain a Warcraft site) but what about myself? Am I no longer needed to the forum? My interest in Warcraft has passed a long time ago, and I gave modding up even longer. Does that mean that I have no reason to stay here either?

That's not what I'm assuming at all. What I'm assuming is what you said, that they will post in forums that attract them, but when they are attracted to the site because of the non-Warcraft sections, that's where they will most likely post, thus not contributing to the Warcraft sections a bit, or very little.
[/b]
That would be a good reflection of myself as well. Despite that I know a thing or two (mostly basics; I used to be a one-man-team) of the modding, you'll really have to search when I mentioned any of the modding to help people. I do not "contribute" anything to the "Warcraft sections," and am not interested to do so in the future.

I think that it's a good thing that this site is branching out from being almost purely wc3. We all started having a similar interest (warcraft/fantsay) and have discovered that we have fr more in common than first expected. The new forums aiding in this social movement. [/b]
Agreed. I met two specific members once at WC3C who were normal members there but we decided to add each other on MSN. Despite that I lost contact with one of those two, the other one still remains my best friend. It's mostly because he and I have more things in common than normal - our personality is very similar in most places, yet we are the complete opposite in appearance - and had some interesting discussions. If something similar could happen on this forum - or just in general - then I would be interested in it as well; because, what do we know of each other now? Pretty little.

Undead_Lives

Seems everyone disagrees with me, oh well I'll take you all on! Muahahah!
(yes, I'm crazy :p)
That's nonsense. It may attract people that are not related to Warcraft, (which is not too likely, as it remain a Warcraft site) but what about myself? Am I no longer needed to the forum? My interest in Warcraft has passed a long time ago, and I gave modding up even longer. Does that mean that I have no reason to stay here either?[/b]
You have experience in forums and are a person who has previous experience of moderating as well, which makes you valuable to the site.

But let's all not forget what this is truly about. Is Anvil becoming less Warcraft? I think we all agree that it is.
Now time will tell whether or not this is a good move or not. I'm feeling that it isn't. Most disagree :p But we shall all see as the site continues on.
Thanks for the discussion, I think that's all I wanted out of it.
Continue if you like, but no one's against you without me :p

Kem Rixen

But let's all not forget what this is truly about. Is Anvil becoming less Warcraft? I think we all agree that it is.[/b]
No, that's what the whole discussion was about! You just disregarded two pages of discussion, in your final post here you don't argue your point at all. You just throw this statement out and leave.

Continue if you like, but no one's against you without me :p[/b]
Which means your side won't be shown and it'll only prove that Anvil is staying WarCraft related.

Undead_Lives

No, that's what the whole discussion was about! You just disregarded two pages of discussion, in your final post here you don't argue your point at all. You just throw this statement out and leave.[/b]
Um...Kem, few things.
1. calm down.
2. Read the title.
Thanks.
Just because my side isn't shown doesn't mean it isn't there..besides, it's a matter of opinion.
I started this thread to get people's opinions, and I did. I felt there was nothing more to disscuss, so I stopped debating.

MeTaL GuArD

What i see the bad moves are:
1. The name: Arreat Summit is too much Diablo oriented. Its a Wc3 oriented site after all.
2. That Wc3 topic got hidden in gameing topic. It was far less active than any other topic on this site before moving, and now people might have problems with finding it, thus leaving it more dead than ever.

Fladian

The name 'Arreat Summit' did got my attention for a moment, not really sure what was meant with it... until someone mentioned Diablo which immediately refreshed my memory. I'm still not really sure about the name... seeing the fact as I don't know why it has gotten that name.

The Warcraft section was quite... dead anyway. It doesn't really get more activity this way, agreed, but it's not really getting lesser either. It could be an option to delete the section; it was clearly more successful in the time that WC3C had a Warcraft section - though badly moderated and eventually removed.

Werbung:

Arkidas

I chose the name arreat summit for that reason that here the leaders of the Wc3 term can relax, Whether you're a retired, active or a new modder. ( Summit )
I am unable to see how this can possibly make the Warcraft sections less active as people can choose whether they post here or not, plus that people will not have to leave the forum ever to discuss the topics found here like they might have used to do.