well Im not gona be playing from 5pm-10pm :(

I ran some network tests and found my problem is not with my ISP within the network I get my full 624KB, but what ever trunk the server is on I get gayed to 100-200KB and lag like a motherfucker. so my primary trunk is not my problem, its a secondary provider between me and the LO3 servers. anyone have any ideas on how I can get out and around the bottleneck to get in with a good ping?

Werbung:
1st I dont know how to run a trace rout, as it has been pointed out before I am fairly ignorant about how thie whole internet thing works, I went fron dial up bbs's to this and never learned much more than how to post messages :p

the shit has been intermitant, 2 days this last week I have been in "prime time" and hit the refresh and got my 15-40 ping and got to play a few rounds before it gayed out again. maby its getting fixed where ever the issue is? if its still gayed out in another week or 2 I will figure out the trace thing, and see about bipassing the clog.

DigitalSword

Helo for daddy, and all else...

Ok kids here we go,

Traceroutes are basically a tracer(hencethename?) it traces a packet of information from start(yourcomputer)to end(again your computer, but after its done where its goin)
Traceroutes are very useful in that they record times between connections through EVERYTHING your packet interfaces with, and it also shows the route of travel, your bandwith with your isp, etc....

Thanksully a little site called www.speedguide.net is hardcore about speeding up your internet, and they have a very nice php traceroute program...its free and takes about 45 seconds to complete...no downloading its all web-based.....Daddy, go to www.speedguide.net, click on "Network Tools" on the sidebar.....then you should have popped up a few checkboxes, kindly check traceroute DNS record, and pinghost, and then hit start, wait a moment, and then copy/paste your results here for defender....

ALSO:
speeguide's tool optimizer quite literally optimizes your connection based on your speed(Cable 256k/Cable600k/t1/t3), I recommend giving it a try...oh yeah, its free...=P

your welcome
bob
|)igitalSwor|)

G

Defender said:
Post a traceroute for me.

Let's see if we can make some complaints and get you rerouted.

Good ole dumbass defender trying to be the hero again. What you fail to realize is that the ISP very rarely gives a fuck what you, or any of thier other typical customers think. If won't be fixed until it's fixed. No amount of bitching and complaining from you is going to change that.

How do I know? Because about a year ago, Cox was routing me through an AT&T backbone and it was creating a bottleneck. I called and bitched in a daily basis, in vain. They don't give a damn if you're unhappy with the service. Losing your business isn't going to hurt the company in the least.

JustAnotherDumbassDad, if you're sick of it, go with another ISP, because until they feel like it, you'll be dealing with it.

DigitalSword

prick

hey r00t,
try to be more of an ass, the poor guy wants some help he doesnt need ur copasetic opinions on defender or whether or not you think he is a dumbass, if u want to talk smack and be an ultra-fag, find another forum u fuck, defender, remove this asshole

|)igitalSwor|)

G

if u want to talk smack and be an ultra-fag, find another forum u fuck
Your request has been denied.

defender, remove this asshole
Yeah, remove me. ;) The only way you can keep me off of these forums is to disable registration. I have an unlimited amount of proxy servers available via Google to bypass a simple ban.

Atleast this week was better than the previous 3, I got in 4 nights out of 7 and had a blast. I am hopeing since I didn't have the problem before that is will continue to get better. right after I moved I was getting 24-40 pings, not as nice as my 14 pings from Stlouis, but still worth not finding another server. So things are getting better, I just hope they stay that way. is there a run comand that will grab a trace rout? or is it more involved than that?

thanks for the thought, and help yall.

DigitalSword

Daddy, for peters sake man...christ did u not read what i wrote above!? it takes 2minues...LITERALLY....be like NIKE...Just Do It...

Bob
Swor|)

Fenire

from the way you type here root i dont think anyone would give a dam about keeping you as a customer. and your isp will give a dam ...unless your like rootworm when you complain. my dad works for sympatico and they arent allowed to cancel anyone. (waits for rootworm to quote and insult) so if what sword said doesnt work try phoning tech suport

G

from the way you type here root i dont think anyone would give a dam about keeping you as a customer. and your isp will give a dam ...unless your like rootworm when you complain.
I think I speak for everyone here when I ask, what the fuck are you talking about? Form your argument, you dumbass.

my dad works for sympatico and they arent allowed to cancel anyone. (waits for rootworm to quote and insult) so if what sword said doesnt work try phoning tech suport
I don't care who your Dad works for, quite frankly. How that's supposed to make you appear more "informed" on this subject is what I find difficult to figure out. Oh, and tech support will simply tell you to contact someone else.

Puppet

Root don't pretend to be speaking for any of us ok? Note the lack of us chiming in with agreement? You love Punx, I can tell, because you're buried in it so deeply that you can't wait to log back on and read everyone's responses to your pathetic pleas for attention. You should show your love for punx by getting in there and playing against us. Let's see how good you are with an M4 instead of your finger mouth. Let me guess, here comes the quick one liner that is so whitty and gay: "request denied"....fuckwad.

Werbung:

Fenire

i have one question... who the hell wastes so much time being an asshole? did you father beat you or something? go get help you have emotional problems and its tiring me out reading your lame ass wastes of time. now go make up with your dad