Wii More mature?

wii more machore

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

beerbert

what do u think do u reckon the wii has got more machore since its release i reckon it has at the start there was alot of baby games but now there is loads of cool games coming out e.g monster hunter 3 that will be amazing!

Werbung:

pstevo123

RE: Wii More machore?

i would have to say yes and no.. there are some good adult games like resident evil.... but there is still so many kid games becasue the Wii is a family console they are trying to keep everyone happy but i still feel that it is heading towards kid games again

RE: Wii More machore?

beerbert said:
what do u think do u reckon the wii has got more machore since its release i reckon it has at the start there was alot of baby games but now there is loads of cool games coming out e.g monster hunter 3 that will be amazing!

huh??? ;)

Phillysoul11

beerbert said:

i has many more mature games but it still is focused on kiddy games....well kinda

Sonson

The system itself is considered a family console due to it's innovative control-scheme. Nintendo has been taking advantage of this by releasing many family-oriented party games or games that would appeal to all audiences in an effort to garner more attention from people who previously didn't play games very often (or at all)

However, the system, in reality, is just like any other in terms of "maturity". The real question should "Do we think more mature-rated games have been released for the system lately" since, in effect, it all boils down to what kind of game the developers decide on producing for the system.

Anyway, yes, I do beleive a lot more games focusing on teens and/or matrure audiences are being released lately. That's to be expected, though. The Wii is just passing it's "first year released" mark and developers are finally getting used to the Wii's capabilities and now know it's popularity.

Within this next year and beyond will be the time when larger, more involving games will begin to be released for the system. And yes, that no doubt will include some "mature" titles, as the Wii has already had a few in the past. The Wii will cater not only to the family, but to the individual gamer, as well.

It'll have to, eventually, if it wants to maintain it's current popularity these next coming years.

Sonson

Nobody ever said anything about games being good or bad. This was a discussion on whether or not you felt there are more "less-kiddy" styled games being released lately.

And honestly, people who think the majority of games for the Wii are "kiddy" really have no idea what defines a game as such. There are many "family-oriented" games, but "kiddy"? Come on.

"Kiddy" would be something like "Mrs. Spider's Tea Party", a game that practically plays itself and displays nothing but cute, cartoony images to make children happy while their parents watch soap operas or something.

Jesusdragon737

i don't really think it's getting more mature, i think nintendo is just thinking that it's about time to start releasing some games that the average gamer is actually going to buy

metroidprime3rules

Sonson said:
Nobody ever said anything about games being good or bad. This was a discussion on whether or not you felt there are more "less-kiddy" styled games being released lately.

And honestly, people who think the majority of games for the Wii are "kiddy" really have no idea what defines a game as such. There are many "family-oriented" games, but "kiddy"? Come on.

"Kiddy" would be something like "Mrs. Spider's Tea Party", a game that practically plays itself and displays nothing but cute, cartoony images to make children happy while their parents watch soap operas or something.
I think Mario is kiddy but its a lot of fun:thumbup:

Gdog

I have not seen too many M games, and I agree that there are a lot of kiddy games. But honestly beerbert, I didn't fully understand what you said in your first post...

Werbung:

Sonson

Jesusdragon737 said:
i don't really think it's getting more mature, i think nintendo is just thinking that it's about time to start releasing some games that the average gamer is actually going to buy

Wouldn't that, in effect, mean the games are becoming more mature? The majority of gamers around the world (casual or hardcore) are over 18 years old.

If Nintendo is beginning to release games targeted at the causal gamer like you said rather than "games for families of all ages" then the games are, in a sense, becoming more mature.

Maturity doesn't nessissarily have to be games featuring massive amounts of bloodbaths and decapitations.