• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

metroidprime3rules

Sonson said:
Jesusdragon737 said:
i don't really think it's getting more mature, i think nintendo is just thinking that it's about time to start releasing some games that the average gamer is actually going to buy

Wouldn't that, in effect, mean the games are becoming more mature? The majority of gamers around the world (casual or hardcore) are over 18 years old.

If Nintendo is beginning to release games targeted at the causal gamer like you said rather than "games for families of all ages" then the games are, in a sense, becoming more mature.

Maturity doesn't nessissarily have to be games featuring massive amounts of bloodbaths and decapitations.

Uh sonson blood and language makes games mature and guns.

Werbung:

Sonson

metroidprime3rules said:
Sonson said:
Jesusdragon737 said:
i don't really think it's getting more mature, i think nintendo is just thinking that it's about time to start releasing some games that the average gamer is actually going to buy

Wouldn't that, in effect, mean the games are becoming more mature? The majority of gamers around the world (casual or hardcore) are over 18 years old.

If Nintendo is beginning to release games targeted at the causal gamer like you said rather than "games for families of all ages" then the games are, in a sense, becoming more mature.

Maturity doesn't nessissarily have to be games featuring massive amounts of bloodbaths and decapitations.

Uh sonson blood and language makes games mature and guns.

Yes, they do, but that isn't the only factor. Games rated "M" are rated "Mature". However, a game doesn't have to be rated "M" to be more mature than what has been released fo far.

This topic was originally claiming the games released for the Wii were "kiddy" as in they would appeal mostly to kids. While I don't agree with that assessment, I do agree that now is the time for games more mature than those released to be produced.

Most RPGs, for example, are for a more mature audience than games such as "Wii Carnival" or something, as someone too young wouldn't fully understand the story nor what to do.

Phillysoul11

metroidprime3rules said:
kevmaster said:
Having an "M" doesnt mean its a good game. Just look at Escape from Bug Island. That was a horrible game

Having a M makes games more fun like Grand Theft Auto. Lets face it killing people is fun in games.:LOL:

i wouldnt say so....brawl,galaxy, and mario kart are going to be some of the best games that come out and they are very anti violent....wel not really brawl lol but you get the picture

jakeruston

There are two sides to the argument.

Although there are more mature games being released (For example, Resident Evil), the Wii is still a family console so these mature games will probably be kept down to a minimum.

Werbung: