World to end in 2012 or 2039?

The mayian calendar tells us that the world will end someime in late december of 2012.And so far, almost all of the predictions of the mayian calendar have come to pass!

Astronomers have found a giant asteroid destined to swing by Earth so close, that it may enter Earth's orbit, destroying all life on Earth. When is it due? On a Friday the 13 in 2029. Ironic isn't it? And if it misses us, its due back on a Friday the 13 in the year 2036(I think that is the correct year), this time to hit us dead on!

What do you think about these doomsday predictions?:?

Werbung:

Fladian

Hmm... shouldn't this fit better in the debate section?

Sorry, but I don't believe anything about it, nor do I really care about it. In 2036 (assuming I live that long :p) I've gotten to a respectable age, so... =)
Ahh, what am I talking about. I really wouldn't care if the world would end at mostly any day.

Good idea, I'll repost this thread in debate.

And Fladian, you should never want to die, as long as anyone can benefit mankind in any way, they must at all cost for as long as they can. That is my philosophy.

Fladian

Yes, well, that wasn't necessary. I deleted your thread in the Debate-section and moved this one there instead.

And I am not really planning of dying any time soon, but the end of the world is not something I am concerned of.

ok then. Thanks for moving the thread. I'm also glad you aren't thinking suicidal. The world will end,sometime, and I'm glad you'll keep your head when it happens. But, if you could do something to prevent it, would you?

Fladian

Suicidal? Me? Perhaps three years ago, but not now. Definitely not now. I promised that I would protect someone with my life. And I tend to keep myself to my promises.

As for if there was something to do that could prevent it, it would completely depend on what it is.

It is wonderful that you have someone to protect, and I hope you suceed for many long years to come.

And about saving the Earth, would you do anything if it meant saving your loved one in the process, even sacrificing your own life to save that person?

Fladian

Don't take me wrong. The person I have promised to protect is not my girlfriend, but a person who is closer to me than anyone else at the moment. I'm currently single.

I would do numerous of things to save my loved ones, if this would involve sacrifcing my own life to do so, I am convinced that I will do so without any hesitation. I gave up a large part of my social life in order to save someone from a life threatening situation. This caused my entire social life (at that moment) to collapse, but despite the many things I've losed, I have yet to regret it. So, yes, I would sacrifice my life to save those people I love. Luckily for me, that aren't too many people. ;)

You sound like a very trustworthy person. I like that in people. By the way you answered my question, it sounds like you think before your actions, and are very devoted to your cause.You love those people and never betray them! Just make sure to leave a little of your life to yourself. Social life isnt everything, but it must be sustained so that you don't go crazy.

Anyways, it is nice to know your not a follower and that you have your glass half-full.

Arkidas

Dooms day already passed this century, it was 06/06/06 and nothing happened except for The Omen remake being released to cinema. ( I went to see it by the way :) ) I doubt that we can trust this, astronomers just discovered now that Pluto isn't a planet but just a huge ice cube. They're not very reliable, are they? But no matter if it's happening or not, I'm just going to focus on my doings right now but not where that asteroid is heading. :)

Fladian

Whatever happens, happens, huh?
"Whatever happens, happens. No regrets." - Firewriter23, a fellow forum member. (Quote of the day, 28th of December)

But no matter if it's happening or not, I'm just going to focus on my doings right now but not where that asteroid is heading. :)
Yeah, I share that thought as well.

You sound like a very trustworthy person. I like that in people.
My thanks for the kind words, but you're a little off at me. There is little to say on that for me.

By the way you answered my question, it sounds like you think before your actions, and are very devoted to your cause.
That will completely depend on what the cause is.

You love those people and never betray them!
That is what bothers me the most, I must admit. Though it could have been my own words as well. 'I would never betray the people I care for,' but in the mean time, I have been "betraying" a man I onced called my best friend. The thought sickens me, but there is nothing to do against it anymore. Never did I regret it, and I hope I will never regret of doing it either. I am still convinced that my decision was the right one... not his. Bah...

Just make sure to leave a little of your life to yourself. Social life isnt everything, but it must be sustained so that you don't go crazy.
My thanks for the kind words again, but I do not share your thought in this. I gave up a lot in order to return someone their life. My entire social crumbled because of it and I lost a lot of friends and possesions. If any of the people I truly care for get in any serious problems, I will not hesitate either to help them, even if that involves losing more than last time. How cliche as it may sound, I am more than willing to give something up to help someone else.

Anyways, it is nice to know your not a follower and that you have your glass half-full.
Ah, but here you are wrong. I am, actually, a follower. I am not the type of person that takes the initiative to do something. This could be because I am simply lazy but it is more likely that it is part of the "shyness" I tried to overcome several years ago - and succeeded. I've always been a follower and I've never really mind it. Only when it is truly necessary, only then will I take the initiative and do whatever needs to be done, regardless of what might happen to myself. That's the kind of person I am.

Squishy-1

i doubt the world will end in 2012 or 2039 i thought the calender just ended on 2012 not straight up said end of the world and about the asteroid i would assume it would be sucked in to some other masses pull besides its a long time from now and we will probably have the technology to stop it by then... however i hope the world doesnt end in 2012 because ill only be 20 but i will never be afraid of death. in the words of robin williams "to die will be the greatest adventure" and i believe that line

Werbung:

Archerion

The Globe will be destroyed sometime, but i don't think it happens soon.
I just ignore doomsday predictions, and just live and keep happy and do what i like the most, i believe that anything happens for a reason.
but if it was us(The humans) who made it happen, i would do anything to stop it....like we all would i guess...."What is a man, if he doesnt make the world better"....

just my thoughts..

-Archy-