World to end in 2012 or 2039?

Fladian

however i hope the world doesnt end in 2012 because ill only be 20
Yes, well, I'll be in the prime age of my life, so I wouldn't be too pleased either at that moment, but I don't think that it is the main thing that would worry me if the world would end. :p

but i will never be afraid of death. in the words of robin williams "to die will be the greatest adventure" and i believe that line
Robin... who? :p
I prefer the "I am not afraid of dying. I am afraid to die without achieving anything." But that is no longer of importance to me. =)

i would do anything to stop it....like we all would i guess....
I'm not so sure about that.

"What is a man, if he doesnt make the world better"....

Hmm... I think I liked my quote of the day better.
"What kind of a man are you? You don't drink beer!" - Irma, a classmate. (Quote of the Day, 15th of October)

Werbung:

Archerion

if you don't drink beer, youre not a man? hmm...:\
Robin... who? :p
I prefer the "I am not afraid of dying. I am afraid to die without achieving anything." But that is no longer of importance to me. =)
why not??:?

And who wouldn't save the world if they could?? you? o_o

Fladian

if you don't drink beer, youre not a man? hmm...:\
Yes, it was uh... a discussion among classmates I accidentally got involved in. I made it known that I didn't like beer and I immediately got a stunned reaction of two girls. It was actually quite funny, but not very useful.

why not??:?
I am convinced that I already achieved something valuable.

And who wouldn't save the world if they could?? you? o_o
Me? Didn't I already mention myself earlier in this thread?

Undead_Lives

I highly doubt that one person can save the world. It took years to ruin it, I doubt by the "end of the world" we could do anything to stop it.

Squishy-1

by the end of the world we wont do anything to stop it hence it being the end of the world... just the assumed fate will probably be denied i think we have a lot more time here and if not atill look to the good side at least we arent gone yet

I believe it was Steven Hawking that said that the human race will not thrive until we colonize outside space.And I believe that he also said that every day, there's a chance of the world ending, but very small. And that every day there's always a slighter chance of the world coming to an end to a epidemic of some sorts. I am very religious. I believe that if the World would end in 2012, the antichrist would have risen to power in 2005, for his 7 year reign.( My religious views are my own, and I am not inforcing them on anyone else...just a reminder!) So 2012 will probably be another year full of bomb threats from other countries to other countries, and more gossip on the global warming factor.

And yes, one person could save the world, if given the right tools in order to do so, be the persons mind, or a physical tool of some kind.
Do not sit around and say the world is doomed anyways, so just let the first thing to kill us kill us, we dont care. Stand up, and think of others, think of all the generations that have yet to come, all the generations that have come before, all trying to survive and thrive for the good of mankind. Would you just let the little problem grow out of control and say that you can't stop it anyways, so let it kill me? Why not stop it before it grows out of hand?

And that is my reply...Why not?

Also, Fladian, I apologize for making bad judgement on your character, it was, after all, a first impression

Ken in the bubble

It will be mystery until it happens. People have been thinking about this and predicting for years and years. And when it does I assume it will happen so fast we won't know what hit us and how we were wiped out. Then again it wouldn't matter because we're all dead anyway. Well the end of the "Earth" doesn't necessarily mean the end of the human race. We may have colonized on other planets by the time it happens.

Dooms day already passed this century, it was 06/06/06 and nothing happened....

I thought absolutely nothing of that date at all. Mainly because I don't believe in superior beings and what not and am not a religious person.

Although, if I'm not mistaken it is the Aztec calender that ends in 2012. At least that's what I've been told. But, what some people forgot about is the Spanish invasion of Tenochtitlan. Perhaps the Aztec people were wiped out before the Aztecs finished the calender. But it is all debatable but no matter what you can't stop the end of the world. I am probably wrong about the calender but I never thought about the Mayans. In fact they could be the same I don't know. So feel free to inform and/or correct me. And if I were wrong I don't doubt at all the Mayans suffered the same fate.

And not to sound all hippie like and what not, but we are pretty much destroying the planet already.

"Whatever happens, happens." I've liked that quote all my life. I could care less when it happens Because there's no stopping it.

I personally doubt the asteroid theory, along with these dates. But thats just me. I don't' have any proof but I still doubt it. I'm pretty sure on both, or either of those dates their will be mass suicide, bombings, and religious figures going koo-koo.

It's all theory's and predictions to me.

CzarDragon

I think that the global warming is gonna kill us. Just like in the movie 'The Day After Tomarrow'. Those ice glaciers are melting, and they're melting fast.

Squishy-1

i just saw an inconveniant truth and i think it was more like al gores stand up comedy with a few breaks for the serious matter of global warming but anyway i think this topic has gotten out of hand with the long posts so im pretty much gonna stop reading this one

Fladian

And I believe that he also said that every day, there's a chance of the world ending, but very small. And that every day there's always a slighter chance of the world coming to an end to a epidemic of some sorts
That's logical, not to mention it could count for everything, Tauren. There's a (very small) chance that I could win a huge amount of money today... or tomorrow... or the day afterwards, and go on. There is always a small chance of something happening.

So 2012 will probably be another year full of bomb threats from other countries to other countries, and more gossip on the global warming factor.
That is probably very likely. When a large number of people are expecting something and rumors start to appear of it possibly happening, it is a good way of getting the fear in someone. It all is common logic.

And yes, one person could save the world, if given the right tools in order to do so, be the persons mind, or a physical tool of some kind.
Such as what? What kind of tools? What kind of mind? It will completely depend what will cause the End of the World. If it is indeed a meteor, then there is quite little to do about it. Earth isn't all that big itself and there are numerous of theories how it started to exist. We'll get hit sooner or later, wether it is expected or not. Though I am pretty willing to believe that we have enough resources in space to life elsewhere in a few years. Though guessing/judging time never has been one of my strongest points.

Do not sit around and say the world is doomed anyways, so just let the first thing to kill us kill us, we dont care. Stand up, and think of others, think of all the generations that have yet to come, all the generations that have come before, all trying to survive and thrive for the good of mankind. Would you just let the little problem grow out of control and say that you can't stop it anyways, so let it kill me? Why not stop it before it grows out of hand?
Simply because it inevitable. Besides, aren't Christians supposed to think that Judgement day is coming?
Though everyone will always try to stop the problem before it grows out of hand, but is it really worth it?

"Learning is finding out what you already know. Doing is demonstrating that you know it. Teaching is reminding others that they know just as well as you..."

Also, Fladian, I apologize for making bad judgement on your character, it was, after all, a first impression
No problem. Only the "you would never betray those you love" sentence really did bug me. But I'm sure it will for many of years to come.

It will be mystery until it happens. People have been thinking about this and predicting for years and years. And when it does I assume it will happen so fast we won't know what hit us and how we were wiped out.
That's for sure, Ken. When something of a good size hits the earth, there is no chance of surviving, let alone being able to feel of what happened.

I thought absolutely nothing of that date at all. Mainly because I don't believe in superior beings and what not and am not a religious person.
I did note that date, despite not being religious at all. I asked a classmate back then if she was relgious, which I received a positive answer on. She was quite... uh... nervous.

And not to sound all hippie like and what not, but we are pretty much destroying the planet already.
Isn't that generally known? :p

"Whatever happens, happens." I've liked that quote all my life. I could care less when it happens Because there's no stopping it.
whateverhappensxk7.jpg

(signature of another forum member)

but anyway i think this topic has gotten out of hand with the long posts so im pretty much gonna stop reading this one
Um... Squishy, the topic isn't getting out of hand at all. That's part of the debate section, something I am quite fond of, actually, though it isn't living as much as I hoped it to be.
As for "long posts" you are referring to. I would like you to point me out where they are then, because I haven't noticed any out here on Anvil. Or rather, barely any. I recently joined another forum where I am smashing my head on huge posts of others - which causes me to skip a few threads - but this thread only has reasonably short posts - which disappoints me - so you have nothing to fear on long posts.

mikke95

Damn don't think i can sleep at night now.. o_O
AAARGH I DOESN'T WANNA DIE ALREADY I'VE DREAMS AND FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!

Undead_Lives

If the world ends, no one's gonna stop it. But then again, no one's going to be able to predict when it will end. There's no such thing as fortune telling.
Some people thought 2000 would be the world's end. Or there was that stupid Y2K theory. Completely bogus. Don't believe people just because they bring bad news, or they sound right.

CzarDragon

i just saw an inconveniant truth and i think it was more like al gores stand up comedy with a few breaks for the serious matter of global warming but anyway i think this topic has gotten out of hand with the long posts so im pretty much gonna stop reading this one

I still think he's right though. I've seen that video at school and stuff he said is true. At least that's what i think...

Werbung:

Squishy-1

a large portion is true but there is some stuff he cant prove like politicians avoid the subject because they dont want to deal with it, i doubt thats the reason and i doubt gore can read minds