You Think You Are Good at combat arms?

Metal747

plain and simple

30% of this game is skills if you lack the other 70% you are shit in this case a good pc

you might think youre awesome cause you get unbeliveables all the time and get
30-4 in almost every match. cause once you have youre nice comp busted you will be reduce to crap and be like "what happen to my skills i use to be good" WRONG!!!

so dont think youre the shit all of a sudden just cause you can beat all these people
anybody can be good all they need is good pc

Werbung:

MooCowMan

The computer doesn't play the game for you. Nice theory, but player skill still plays a big role in this. The person still needs to have good hand-eye coordination, still needs good reflexes, still needs to have knowledge of common hiding spots on the map, ect. A person playing on a good computer is still skilled, but he is playing against less obsticals as people with junk computers. I personally am held back by my computer and I know once I get my new computer I'm going to be hell of a lot better... but my brother will still be bad at the game.

One question, why the sudden grudge against people with good computers?

RANT!!
At least your not calling people hackers.
FYI the recommended specs for CA are pretty low
The recommended specs for a vid card is a GeForce FX 5600 from 2003-04
You can find a cheap vid card for 50$ thats better than the recommended.
The rest of the specs are 512 ram and Pentium 4 - 2.4GHz+.

Now im not saying that you don't have a point, there is a bit of lag going on, and glitches that result in kills, but i doubt its hardware that gives people skills.
Granted hardware will make that game look pretty and perhaps you could see some one hiding in the corner that you wouldn't have seen, but still marginal.
Frame rate is probally the biggest thing, but if you have the right settings in CA your should run smooth, it might look horrible but it'll run.
Post you system specs and what settings you are running in CA, perhaps i could give you advice on upgrading or getting better performance.

ChocoMonsta

I have a pretty bad computer...
One Gig Ram, Vista, and a Integrated Video Card.
Not to be arrogant or cocky, but I would place myself well in between Above average and Pro.
Just turn all the settings to low. You may still experience lag and a choppy screen, but hey? What can you do about it except buying new parts or a new computer.
(lol here goes @ a fail comparison)
If a beginner starts learning Table Tennis, and uses the BEST PADDLE in the WHOLE WORLD.
Is he the best? Is he any better?
No.
It's all about playing with the lag and choppy screen.
Getting the basics and fundamentals.
Getting a good computer is like a bonus. Enhancement.
Sure, they may have an advantage.
But if you know how to play the game well, and you start shooting down the guys with HARDCORE rigs, you'll feel that skill is really kicking in.
You'll start to feel sorry for them when you have such a MAJOR disadvantage.
I don't mean you to go like "noob, you have an advantage"
but when you do knock him down, keep it inside your head and feel proud. (LOL??!?)
With Hardcore Skill + Hardcore Rig = PROFIT??? :D

rocktrns

I have to agree with you sort of.
Well see I use my laptop for CA
and its kind od hard to use its pad and shoot and stuff.
I bet you if I put a mouse I would be awesome in game.

Jordan B

Computer generally has nothing to do with skill level.

Chuck -Bubbles or Convex or someone like Lazernerd on a bad pc, and they'll still own the living **** out of people.

It's skill level, not computer performance. Sure, if the framerate is bad, it may AFFECT your performance, but if you're good, you're good.

Jordan B

Is that a compliment spike ? 0_0

Anyway, I would be insulted if some blamed my pro-ness on a good pc. My PC is fast, but not the best.

Roger117

If I give a crappy player a good computer, his skill won't change too much. Maybe the odd increase in game KDR sometimes, but it ultimately is the player's skill that matters. Eg. If a person's skill in CA is 1.5, then playing on a crappy computer would reduce his skill slightly to 1.4-1.45, because of lag, framerate etc.

Werbung: