Your 9/11/01 memories :/

E

Elite SEAL

I was in 1st grade, and I was in school when it happened, but when I found out, I was surprised -I didn't know a lot about terrorists or the World Trade Center, but all I knew was that bad people had attacked our country. I remember in the days following many men and women swarmed to enlistment offices to enlist. It was just... unbelievable.

Werbung:

Jordan B

Woke up in morning, saw it on the news, channel 1, dropped my cereal.

A sad day for the world, and for America. Rest in Peace victims, Rest in peace.

garygofast

Back in the 30s there was a radio anoncer that did war of the worlds and put the usa in a panic .
The people thought marshins were invading the world.
Anyway I thought it was a prank like that at first till I got to work and some of my coworkers saw the pictures I was devistated.
Hope to GOD it never happens again.

NoMercy

3rd Grade, sitting there in school, I remember a mother storming in the room screaming "AMERICA HAS BEEN ATTACKED! AMERICA HAS BEEN ATTACKED!" And she stormed out with her kid, throughout the entire day parents kept flooding in taking their kids home. Unfortunately my parents didn't come get me and I had to ride the bus home, only three people were on the bus that day.

BossMaroni

I was at work (at the time as a call center supervisor). I took a call from a customer in New York City who said something had happened. No one knew what. A few of us flipped on the news in the break room a couple minutes before the 2nd plane hit. Until that moment, most of us thought it was some kind of accident. I mean, planes had hit skyscrapers before.

When the 2nd plane hit, it was clear it was deliberate.

The sadness I felt on that day grew to be replaced with anger and hatred, which is probably unfortunate. I tried to understand it, to understand WHY they did it. I doubt I ever will.

Attacking the military is one thing. Attacking civilians is never okay. This was the work of cowardly animals.

Now I'm starting to get on a soapbox, so I'll stop.

E

Elite SEAL

I was at work (at the time as a call center supervisor). I took a call from a customer in New York City who said something had happened. No one knew what. A few of us flipped on the news in the break room a couple minutes before the 2nd plane hit. Until that moment, most of us thought it was some kind of accident. I mean, planes had hit skyscrapers before.

When the 2nd plane hit, it was clear it was deliberate.

The sadness I felt on that day grew to be replaced with anger and hatred, which is probably unfortunate. I tried to understand it, to understand WHY they did it. I doubt I ever will.

Attacking the military is one thing. Attacking civilians is never okay. This was the work of cowardly animals.

Now I'm starting to get on a soapbox, so I'll stop.

wow, yeah, attacking civilians -wow.

BossMaroni

wow, yeah, attacking civilians -wow.

Exactly. I mean, don't get me wrong, an attack on a military base can cause civilian casualties. That's one thing. But the WTC was purely a civilian target. The Pentagon was a military target, but all the planes were loaded with completely innocent civilians, including children.

Werbung: