31,949 and counting

Dirty

31,949 deaths in Iraq up to the date of 1 January 2006.

26,045 of the 31,949 dead are innocent civilians.

This number is over 3 weeks old, and counting everyday.

In a statement on its website, Iraq Body Count says "many if not most civilian casualties will go unreported".

What are we fighting for, who are we fighting and who benifits from this murder? The facts are here, think about it.

See the world with open eyes, make your own judgements and choose your path.

Werbung:

Puppet

what are we fighting for? Don't ask me cause I don't give a damn....next stop is Iraq land....and it's one, two, three, four......open up the pearly gates....

Defender

It's looking kinda bad ain't it. It's feeling harder and harder to support this war. I am feeling on the fence about it lately. Something has to change one way or another pretty soon imho.

Hetfield14

politics and counter strike don't mix

i have VERY strong opinions about the war, and i like to look at counter strike as an escape in a way, please don't bring all this stuff in here, we all know what it's going to do, just get people all pissed off, please

LizardKing

the reason we stay there and protect the iraqi's new government from the guerillas... basically, iran made a huge oil deal with china so china is starting to mass lots of military equipment, industrialize more, etc. this extra money from china gave iran the capability for nuclear program. china/iran are allies basically against us. if we stay in iraq to rebuild and protect, then we have a safe area to send troops when china decides to go at war with us within the next 5 years. we go back to iraq, crush iran, taking away their oil supply, crippling china, making us win the war. its the only way cuz our military is very outnumbered by the chinas army. they are fuckin huge. thats my .02

psychonaut13

the united states can NOT win a war with China. all China would have to do is cut their exports to the US "until the trade deficit is balanced back out", and the american economy goes streaming down the tubes.

this country is in some serious shit. thanks to nafta and corporate ass rapers like Walmart, the domestic trade deficit has sky rocketed in the last 15 years to a point that is practically past no return.

the US went into war with Iraq and they weren't prepared for it at all. the idea that the US believes they can "stabilize" iraq is so far from possibility that it amazes me that our troops are still there.

look at it this way. in iraq there are three extreme separitist islamic factions. all three of them each believe they are the only ones that are "right" in their belief of what their prophet said or their interpretation of the koran. each one has been struggling to get their own patsy in office since day one. saddam was part of the bath party....probably the craziest(read most facist) of the three. it makes no difference if the general assembly of the people of iraq vote in a member of one sect or the other two...it will still bring more attacks from the parites that don't get a leader in the system.

i leave you with an interesting quote from a truely great magazine called Adbusters (which i'll have to paraphrase as i can't find the issue it was in at the moment)

We have to do the same thing that we did in Japan and Germany. We're going to set up your government, pick your leaders, and run your economy. And maybe after a couple of decades we'll let you run it yourself.

Dirty

Hetfield14 said:
politics and counter strike don't mix

i have VERY strong opinions about the war, and i like to look at counter strike as an escape in a way, please don't bring all this stuff in here, we all know what it's going to do, just get people all pissed off, please

Don't read it then.

Dirty

LizardKing said:
the reason we stay there and protect the iraqi's new government from the guerillas... basically, iran made a huge oil deal with china so china is starting to mass lots of military equipment, industrialize more, etc. this extra money from china gave iran the capability for nuclear program. china/iran are allies basically against us. if we stay in iraq to rebuild and protect, then we have a safe area to send troops when china decides to go at war with us within the next 5 years. we go back to iraq, crush iran, taking away their oil supply, crippling china, making us win the war. its the only way cuz our military is very outnumbered by the chinas army. they are fuckin huge. thats my .02

This is what I am tring to point out, what in the hell are you talking about man? I am talking about civilians being killed. In this explanation that you pulled out of your ass you still use the word "protect", in my opinion that makes you about as blind and as full of shit as Bush. I am not tring to rattle your cage either, just think about what you say.

protect?

imported_SuXoR

Dirty, with everything in life there is a cost. What and why we are doing in Iraq doesn't matter. You obviously do not think that the cost (civilian life, money, etc.) is worth it. That's cool. Just keep in mind that I don't care to do the research, but I would bet that there were heavier civilian casualties in Europe when we were kicking Hitler's ass. Was it worth it? I think so. Is Iraq worth it? So far I think so. You don't. Aint it great to agree to disagree?

Puppet

Why not compare it to WW2? It's the same thing. All wars are the same thing. Wars are failures to compromise. I don't think it's fair to blame this all on Bush. You give him way too much credit if you think he runs this country and makes the decisions and visions for war. No war is a good thing. The whole idea around war is that you kill people so there is no surprise to me when we have civilian casualties, especially considering that the enemy doesn't wear a uniform, he wears civilian clothes. I think the long term ramifications is what the US is looking at.

imported_SuXoR

Dirty said:

See the world with open eyes, make your own judgements and choose your path.

You started this thread. You also said to make your own judgements. I think that people who have contributed here have made their own judgements.

Don't be frustrated that not all of us agree with you. Are you just fishing for unanimous reenforcement of your own beliefs? I think not. It's okay to be emotional about huge issues that involve not only our contry, but the entire globe. Keep averything in perspective and respect one's right to an opinion. If you want to change our minds then please, convince us.

Werbung:

Casualty

also i think we need to remeber that these civilian deaths are not all from the U.S. at least once a week i read in the paper that some siucide bomber or roadside bomb killed natives. the extremist groups dont seem to have any qualms about killing their own people. Also it has already been stated that bush doenst make the decision to go to war, it has to be approved by congress, and please remeber that most of the country was ready to get anyone after 9/11. bush is doing the smart thing by not pulling out immediantly and leaving iraq in totally confusion so another dictator can take over.