yea but i don't think the army can take it much longer:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4649066.stm

Werbung:

imported_SuXoR

Sugar Water Purple said:
" bush is doing the smart thing by not pulling out immediantly"

yea but i don't think the army can take it much longer:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4649066.stm

Nice article. Your interpretation is a stretch at best. Seems to me that the article is an inconclusive opinion drawn from several other differing opinions.

IMHO, of course.

eng26dcfd

I for one completly back this war. We only see the bullshit that is put in the newspapers and on tv. Of course you will not hear any good shit on tv because happy shit doesn't sell ad space. When we stop supporting the cause we stop supporting the men and women over seas. You can't support the military personnel and not support their mission. In my book you can't do it. And also fuck all Dems that were all for the war when the polls were up and are now that the polls are down are jumping ship and blaming bush. Everyone in Congress saw the same intelligence that bush did and damn near everyone of them voted to go to war.

On another note if we could keep the politicians out of war and let the military handle it this would be over by now. The last "successful" war we had was WW2 and thats because all battlefield decisions were made on the battlefield not in the Pentagon. I say fuck it, Carpet bomb the whole country and rebuild, just like we did in Europe.

Our biggest problem is that we think everyone wants to live in a society just like ours and most of the middle eastern populous doesnt. I beleive we need to remove the threat and then let them decide on how they want to be governed. Just my opinion.

Sortitout

in terms of actual war fighting, casualties for soldiers (ours and saddams) and civilians were lighter than ww2, civil war, vietnam, korea, etc because that is the nature of modern warfare. we don't have mass warfare like we used to. it's precision warfare now.

the main casualties are from the insurrection, iraqi extremists and foreign fighters killing iraqis. i also think saddam's regime easily killed hundreds of thousands of civilians, torturing, raping, gassing not only iranians, but kurds, and iraqis who were opposed to his totalitarian regime

in that sense saddam was just like fascist germany, italy, japan. he was a dictator. we took him out. in the end, iraq is the better for it. did you not see how jubilant they are that they can now vote? a democracy is forming and women have more freedoms..

illusion

all i gotta say is..............

NUKE THE BASTIDS!

I mean they just blow themselves up anyway, whether its in a car, bus, or just strapping a bomb to theirself. We can do them all a favor and just drop one single bomb on them, and it will all be over in a matter of minutes, maybe seconds.

King Ad. Rock

there are going to be wars as long as we exist and there are people living with other people

its sad, but human beings can never live in peace with one another, its human nature

mYth

Dirty said:
This is what I am tring to point out, what in the hell are you talking about man? I am talking about civilians being killed. In this explanation that you pulled out of your ass you still use the word "protect", in my opinion that makes you about as blind and as full of shit as Bush. I am not tring to rattle your cage either, just think about what you say.

protect?

Let me give you something to think about Dirty......

Situation: Insurgent is using civilian man as a shield while holding a remote detonator to a FAE (Fuel-Air Explosive) that has the raw power to level 15 New York City sized blocks. What do you do?

Another One: Insurgents are holed up in a mosque and have civilians on top and around it to protect them while they have their meeting. The leader of the insurgent uprising is in there with his trusted men that carry out his actions. What would you do?

Why would I ask you these questions? Simple. I have been in these situations, and I still have the images in my head from them and other encounters.......but the one's that stand out are the "civilians" that just pick up a rifle/pistol/RPG and shoot at us......

Oh, btw, the insurgents kill civilians to "rattle their cage", but even better, they kill the families of Iraqi police and militia to persuade them not to enter service for their country.......

My 2 cents from experience......

psychonaut13

Myth, i want you to know that i respect your decision to follow your orders. i don't put any blame on the shoulders of the soldiers that are just taking orders....

it's the ppl that are giving the orders that piss me off. in the name of multi billion dollar defense contracts, this administration has put our serving warriors in harm's way. and fed not only the servering soldier's heads but also the amerikan public's heads with bullshit.

I've done my research. i don't quote random internet resources. and i don't condemn those that are following their orders because that's exactly what they signed up to do.

but i believe that this entire situation begs of a question that i haven't seen answered anywhere except through my own research of the US's foreign policy in the middle east from the 70's up until now.

"why do they hate us?"

mYth

Because we have something they'd hate to give to their people......freedom.

When I fnished my first tour in Afghanistan, I went back to see the progress that had been made, and i was stunned speechless and my heart ripped from me by what i saw. It was a classroom (forbidden there under the Taliban!) that was made by Seabees, and it was full of Afghani children, being taught by an Afghani woman (it meant death for women to learn anything outside of their house!). That was the speechless part, but the heart-wrenching part (yes, i DO have feelings!) was that they were learning English by singing the Star-Spangled Banner.........

Werbung: