Being drunk...

Xeridanus

I have had the oppurtunity to take drugs and I refused. They invented cigs and booze by accident and keep making them for money. They don't care about peoples health.

Werbung:

Werewulf

corny? er.. i dont know..hrm..you guys lucky this town is full of uptight un- druggers..
but if i do get a chance, u cant stop me..

MeTaL GuArD

I myself never got drunk, though my battle.net friend told me how he got drunk accidently. He was on a party once, looked for something to drink. Looks: a bottle of what he thought is an apple juice. Well it was some kind of strong alcohol... if i would say the name here Ghost and N00by would understand. :) And i drink alcohol 2 - 3 time in the year, in small portions. Also heard that small portions of alcohol from time to time help your resistance.

The alcohol my friend was drinking is called in poland Żubrówka, and i dont know how its called in other countries.

Xeridanus

Morrowind, that is not the way to handle this.
Wulf, of course we can't stop you, not even your parents can. But what I hope to teach you is that drugs mess you up real bad. they mess up your body, your life, you'll start asking your friends for money and doing some things you wouldn't normally do, just to get a small amount. Anyway, I have to go, I'll be back in the morn.

Fladian

EDIT: For some reason, the quote signs don't work :/

Someone mentioned that their friend couldn't have any alcohol, it reminded me of my grade 7 teacher (last year of primary skool for international readers) and whenever she had a drop of alcohol she would fall asleep straight away, she couldn't handle it for some reason.
I knew someone like that too :D Together with a few friends, we tried to visit him at his 'work place' a few times. But we can't get in anymore.

Oh, it was our accountance teacher, mind you. :p
Great guy though. When you get him started, you could forget about all other classes for the rest of the day. The guy could talk for six hours straight - that's the longest I've been part of, I'm sure he could go on, but it is forbidden to stay at school than a certain hour :p - and we all loved him for that. Great guy, I wished I could thank him for the fantastic three years. He is without any doubt, one of the best teachers I've ever had.

cigs are worse then alcohol, they kill you slowly and painfully as well as anyone around you. plus they're 100 times more addictive then alcohol. once you have a few you can't just stop having them. Don't do cigs, I know from second hand expirence, some of my friends took them up and now they want to quit but can't.
Let me give an even better example. I have some friends who are addicted to it too, not that I really mind or anything, but most of my family smokes as well. In the worst scenario, my mother will die soon because of it. There is practically nothing left from her lungs. The moment she's gone, I'll probably will have a hard time.

yeah..but just one wont hurt teh?
Yes, and no. A couple of friends tried one, didn't like it, and didn't continue. Another friend - who is addicted to it nowadays - tried one, liked it, and kept going. That's... two years ago.

Everyone I know who smoked/smokes says it has stuffed up their lives.
I'm not encouraging, but I happen to know someone who says the opposite. =) I guess he had his reasons for it...

No, but that's how it starts 95% of the time.
Exactly.

Or is everyone just offline at the moment?
Sorry, but I tend to sleep around 5:11 AM :p You'll have to find me on a good school/work day to find me awake during that time. But even then, I rarely listen to Dennis or Menno. But I tend to wake up from time to time during such an hour. 5:00 AM, is close to 6:00 AM, the time I am supposed to wake up. But I'm rambeling. Sorry 'bout that.

everyone asks that...
Of course. Smoking isn't the best option to take, no matter what is going on. Despite that I considerd to start smoking more than often, it definitely isn't an option to take.

um.. iv just being thinkin about it latly..me thinks it would make me happy.
It won't. As a matter of fact, it may make you happy... for a while. Take other drugs as example, it will definitely make you happy for a short amount of time, but in the end, it will only be the end of you. Perhaps not physical, mentally, but it will financially.

Just like all drugs, alcohol included, it makes you happy at first (although I think smoking would also make you cough at first) but later when you are addicted you feel sad all the time and need it just to feel normal. You don't get the same effect plus it costs you heaps of money.
That is definitely the best description that can be given.

ill never meet a nice guy..i doubt i will ever meet a guy for ages..
Nonsense. Such things are best not told, or you'll get me started, and this is where I live up :p

i usta be agaisnt drugs and smoking.. i know how u feel..but...i just want to try...and i mean..they didnt invent booze and cigs for nothin.
"Booze" was made for different reasons, just like all others. Nearly everything has a (good) reason why it was created. I never really specialized in such things, but as I recall, "cigs" were only made for the financial good of it. Not for anything else. When you look at what it is originally made of, I can hardly say it had any good reason why it was created, except for the money.

The 'coolness' it had in the early years is very out dated nowadays.

I have had the oppurtunity to take drugs and I refused. They invented cigs and booze by accident and keep making them for money. They don't care about peoples health.
In saying "they don't care about people's health" is not completely true. A lot of "drugs" are also made for other stuff, medical mostly. "Booze" isn't all that bad for the health, but does not exist out of the same materials as the "cigs" either. I'm very unfamiliar with all English terms of the material where it is made of, unfortunately, so I truly have a hard time going into details when it comes to this.

corny? er.. i dont know..hrm..you guys lucky this town is full of uptight un- druggers..
but if i do get a chance, u cant stop me..
Excuse me? Wasn't I the one who smoked pot here?
I highly suggest that you don't take that chance. Especially at your age it may sound "cool", but the backside of it is a lot tougher than can be described in words. I am experiencing someone who is living with the consequences and definitely won't have long to live anymore. To make matters worse, that person is one of the few persons I care for the most, even though it may not always look like that.

Morrowind, that is not the way to handle this.
Oh, actually, it is. If she starts smoking, I might be mad enough to get out there, and personally kick het butt! *always wanted to go to Australia anyway* :p

Anyway, I have to go, I'll be back in the morn.
Good night. I'll take it over from here.

Wulf, of course we can't stop you, not even your parents can. But what I hope to teach you is that drugs mess you up real bad. they mess up your body, your life, you'll start asking your friends for money and doing some things you wouldn't normally do, just to get a small amount.
We can't stop her, that's true, but that was clear from the moment she said she wanted to start. Warning her is the best thing we can do, but when someone's mind is set on something, it is hard to get through.

Why, exactly do you want to smoke anyway? To feel a thrill? To look "cool"? Just finding out what it "tastes" like is nonsense, and you know it. Trying something that kills from the inside works just as well. "You might as well try to suck on the back side of a car" (- a friend, who's name I won't say because no one will believe me anyway :p)
Smoking has far more bad points than the good ones. What Xeridanus gave as example, "finding a guy, who'll get ticked off because of the smoking" is a great example. An example I can relate to, as a matter of fact. Though I have been brushed off as a "clueless guy" when it comes to girls for quite some time, little of it is true. Because I smoked "pot" (yeah -_-) I broke down something good that I do regret. Why did I start to smoke it? Because I wanted to feel a thrill, I wanted to know how it tastes like. Only a short time after I started, I stopped because I saw the downside of it. Smoking "pot" and smoking in general are two different things, and I agree with it. I never really smoked a normal "cig" in my life, because I have a living example of what might happen.

I considerd many times of starting to smoke. It would result in me going out some more, because I used to be very addicted to the computer - RSI - and had little ways to avoid it. In the end, I didn't try it, though I did keep a lighter with me for quite some time. Though the lighter was just as useful as the bullet I keep in my other pocket. The bullet is a lucky charm and a memory of someone, nothing special. I don't see you with the same problem as me for a reason to start smoking. My RSI was getting worse around the same age as you, so I can easily relate to it. Now that my arm is fully recovered, I am happy that I never did start.

Smoking for the thrill of it is complete nonsense and I won't hesistate to get mad for those who would start for such an impossible reason. The thrill you'll have is shorter than a fragment of a second, if there is any at all.

There is no possible valid reason to start smoking, or even try it, without having a disability or anything similar to that. Even with it, I'm against it, but I do understand why someone with it, would start smoking. As far as I know, or am concerned, you do not have any of the kind, and no particular reason to start it.
-Fladian

Xeridanus

Well, I lied. Its morn in an hour. But I just had to check this for replies. I hope we (Flad and I) have given you enough information to make the right desicion (sp?). It would be a shame for someone so young and talented to start smoking.

~X

Jacek

My mom was addicted to cigs... She wanted to get off of them and accomplished this. She wanted me to "punch" her everytime she goes for cig. xD

Splatt

My mom was addicted to cigs... She wanted to get off of them and accomplished this. She wanted me to "punch" her everytime she goes for cig. xD
[/b]
I am addicted to cigs!

PUNCH ME!!!!

wait...no i'm not...false alarm...

Werbung:

Undead_Lives

I am addicted to cigs!

PUNCH ME!!!!

wait...no i'm not...false alarm...[/b]
*cough* SPAM *cough*
:p
Anyways, Werewulf, I hope Flad's overly long (but very much needed) post has given you something to think about. Drugs do horrible damage to your body.
Someone I knew came up with an idea to stop people from smoking cigs. He said, "Make the cigs deadly after the third one. People will take one, maybe two, but stop there."