Education wothit, music-influence, jobs- difficult to comeby

Hotsauce

This is for the minds of many, is education now and days worth it, where i live the average teenager now ends up on the GED line or dropping out of High School after their second or third year, many claim they are gunna be rappers or models and all that bullshit, Music has influenced many to find easy way outs in life, and its fuckin up the U.S. in may ways, every1 wants easy cuts actors, rappers, all of em, when was the last time u heard of a EDucated basketball player, or a rapper with a college degree, see im begining to believe that little by little the society is fuking itself over and in due time it shall expand....................................

Jobs jobs jobs, now and days the 3/4 of the minority work jobs which they didnt specialize in, or they dont like......... also ESPECIALLY IN NY, TO OBTAIN A JOB---> U MUST HAVE A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER THAT WORKS THERE IN THAT AREA, to help pull strings, why are u perfectly qualified but arent hired?skin deep?backgrounds? duuby gimmie yall thoughts

Werbung:

RaNcid

wish i could give an opinion but i model and i have my GED for getting kicked out of high school. but if it means anything, i'm going to a private college in st louis?

Hotsauce

u can give an opinion cuz atleast ur doing wat u think is best for u, and who is to be happier then urself .............its som ething like that

LastManStanding

I think educations sucks today. Being politically correct on everything teaches us nothing.

Schools now are about making money and not educating students.

Teachers are teaching their opinions.

The best way to show you about today’s educations is about the teacher that expelled 15? students for copying reports off the internet. The parents complained to the school and the school cancelled the suspensions and let them graduate. "What kind of crap is that?!"

I just think that today kids/parents are more into having an easy life and not working hard to get an education. No one wants to take responsibility for their actions. Really sad. I wasn't a bad kid but I wasn't a good kid. The one thing I can say is that I had integrity. I never lied. If I did something I said I did it. I took my punishment like a man.

You don't learn from succeeding all the time. You learn from falling down and getting back up. Why set goals low for everyone to pass? It teaches us nothing. i.e. Kids graduating from Kindergarten??? What is that????

Deviant

I'm an education major, and so I took the PRAXIS tests this summer, my essay question was this.....Is the downfall of society the cause for the failure of the public school system, or is the downfall of the public school system the cause for the failure of society? (not word for word, but that was the idea)

LastManStanding

I honestly think people have too much free time or they are not doing good thing with that free time. Playing video games for 6 hours after school and not doing your home work is bad. Not playing outside and just sitting in the house is bad.

Children need education and they need physical activity. A good balance of mental and physical stimulent well help them grew and become smarter.

If you are a parent and your school is failing your child why dont' you help teach your children? So many questions to ask on why education doesn't seem to be working. One answer though. Parents need to get involved.

Something to ask yourself. When is the last time some boy or girl under 18 said 'Yes Sir or Yes Maam to you?" I know I said this when I was a kid. I still say it today. You wouldn't believe how many older people like to be shown respect.

Hotsauce

Its basic sociology in the way that our society is creating these kinds of kids/students where as many of them dont wanna go to school and wish to find a easy way out, it isnt easy to stay on a str8 road when u have a society that advertises more about games and crap as towards school and stuff, (the only reason u see many comercials at this point is because school is starting again) many parents try hard to hold their child away from a society which will influence them to do wrong but, still it is a difficult task to suceed in these areas.... and i have known many who have failed and wish that living here was something they could do without, but the question is Did they ever have a choice? (on how their kinds were gunna come out to be)

Ramon Knight

Deviant said:
...Is the downfall of society the cause for the failure of the public school system, or is the downfall of the public school system the cause for the failure of society? (not word for word, but that was the idea)

Hmm i can see that, with new technologies and census, we're more aware of our failures and put more stress on them than we put on successes so that we may improve.

There will always be kids/people who find public schools unfit learning environments (where they feel its too unsafe, or they feel 'street smarts' are better than 'book smarts') and private schools too expensive.

Also, there will always be a trend of people who cannot read and don't follow basic math concepts..and then we have people who invent languages like PERL, discover physics formulas, and discover a way to brew over 300 kinds of beer...i dont see the 'failure', just a curve.

blze

what good is education if kids dont have the tools to take
advantage of it anyway.

throw parents in the mix, they suck way more than education
these days, np.

LastManStanding

Kids have tons of tools today. Remember when schools had 1 room for all grades. I remember typing my reports over and over because I made mistakes on the typewriter. My spell checker was the dictionary.

I do however think kids are getting smarter younger and younger. The problem is that we dont' push kids to learn more. Just what is expected.

MeanMugginFool

The problem with the current educational system is that it no longer challenges ALL of the students enrolled in public education. While education funding continues to rise in this country, for the most part it is wasted on initiatives and programs that are either useless or in no way truly measure the aptitude and progress of our students. However, I feel government cannot be completly blamed for this problem, because the largest problem with education has to do with parents and their impact on the administrations of the various schools and school systems. It is hard for a teacher to have a discliplined and challenging atmosphere in the classroom when parents are constantly complaining to the administration about how "My child CANNOT get a C or D, he/she is a veru intelligetn child" or "My child would never do anything like that". The problem I found as an elementary school teacher was that the administration and parents were all consumed by No Child Left Behind and Gateway testing that they geared the classroom to passing these tests, instead of allowing the teacher to give the children a well-rounded education and extra time on certain subjects that were perhaps harder for some kids in the class to grasp.

blze

i like both points, lms and mmf, and think that by this select
group having the awareness that there is a problem then i
hope we can move forward for our kids and our kids kids.

i hate waiting.

Werbung: