Favorite Music?

Werbung:

MeTaL GuArD

Bah, im obsessed with hiding the fact that i made a thread on this forum. :p
Though here it is.

(click the word, if someone will tell me that he cant find the link :p)

Morrowind1357

i like any Metal music, and alot of the old rock and guitar music.
Jimi Hendrix, AC/DC, Guns n' Roses, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Pantera, some Slipknot, Whitesnake and Deep Purple to name just a few.
I hate and i mean hate rap stuff, i wouldnt call it music due to the fact that most of the time real musical instruments are not involved. Just alot of rhyming talked in one tone for a few minutes. Thats just my opinion though.

Fladian

i like any Metal music, and alot of the old rock and guitar music. [/b]
"Men with guitars! Now that's real music!" - DJ Rick

I hate and i mean hate rap stuff, i wouldnt call it music due to the fact that most of the time real musical instruments are not involved. Just alot of rhyming talked in one tone for a few minutes. Thats just my opinion though.
[/b]
Agreed, though I can't say I "hate" rap, because I have a fair amount of it on my computer as well. Though it probably is my least favorite kind of music.
My taste of music has a giant variation. When comparing bands/artists as Greenday and Bryan Adams (just to use two wild examples) it is hard to find a specific taste in mine. But it is easily visible in my stack of music that rap is the one I like least.

P!nS

My taste goes from Wagner to Anaal Nathrakh, I'ld say...

I like almost every kind of music, I mean, I am not one of these people who like everything 'passively', you know, when you ask what they listen, they answer "well, everything...", no, I like almost everything but it's true^^. And I say almost because I don't know every kind of music.

So heres the music kind I like( I'll give only one example for each) :
Classic :
-Classic (Wagner)
-Romantic (Mussorgsky
-Baroque (no examples in mind though :) )

Electronic :
-Experimental (Aphex twin)
-House (Miss Kittin)
-Hardtek (Radium
-Electroclash (Goldfrapp)
-Techno (Micropoint)
-Drum'n'bass (Pendulum)
-Big Beat (Prodigy)

Metal :
-Heavy Metal (Motörhead)
-Power Metal (Pantera)
-Goth Metal (Paradise Lost)
-Doom Metal (Ataraxie)
-Speed Metal (Children Of Bodom)
-Thrash Metal (Insense)
-Indus Metal (Nine Inch Nails)
-Black Metal (Marduk)
-Death Metal (Dark Tranquillity-though it's more melodeath-)
-True Black Metal (including Underground)
-Raw Black Metal (including UG)
-Grindcore (Agoraphobic Nosebleed)
-Black Grindcore (Anaal Nathrakh)
-Rock Metal (Rob Zombie)

Rock :
-Rock'n'roll (AC/DC)
-Rock... (Led Zeppelin)
-Degenerate Rock (Alice Cooper)
-Surf (*beep* Dale)

Blues (Keziah Jones)

Jazz (Miles Davis)

Funk (Funkadelic)

Disco (The Whispers)

Rap (Cypress Hill)

Soul (Aretha Franklin)

Reggae (Gladiators)

Ska (Skatalites)

Punk (NOFX)

Dub (High Tone)

Guitar Shred (Y.J. Malmsteen)

Ambient (The future Sound Of London)

Abstract Hip Hop (Gonzales)

I'm sure I'm forgoting a lot but nevermind^^...

Fladian

I like almost every kind of music, I mean, I am not one of these people who like everything 'passively', you know, when you ask what they listen, they answer "well, everything...", no, I like almost everything but it's true^^. And I say almost because I don't know every kind of music.
[/b]
I'm exactly the same when it comes to that ^^

Unfortunately, I don't know quite an amount of what you named :p

P!nS

You should try ;)
I tip you the experimental electro, that's really nice, though you cant like it since the first listen.

MeTaL GuArD

And really my particular favorite, Iced Earth, has something of Heavy Metal and... Blues (when i checked the file info on some songs, the genre is blues :p) But i mentioned that, sorry for repeating myself. And Motorhead(cant type the german letters) is nice too. Same Rob Zombie.

N00byStance

I guess that people ripping CDs and sharing files over p2p networks don't know what they are ripping and put Blues under the genre box :] Some rap, metal and other songs have put Blues under genre box too.

MeTaL GuArD

Yeah, and i finally see what i really dont like to hear: Black Metal. Example is Behemoth, when they start to sing i just cant stand it and stop playing it. Though i like their music. :p And defined my music likes: i really like progressive metal.

P!nS

Yeah, and i finally see what i really dont like to hear: Black Metal. Example is Behemoth, when they start to sing i just cant stand it and stop playing it. Though i like their music.[/b]

Behemoth is Death Metal ;)
Death and Black voices are different, the Black Metal voice is even worse^^, but I like theses voices.

MeTaL GuArD

Oh well, still i dont like Behemoth, except one their song(Pan Satyros). Death and Black metal it is then. And i prefer much like combining choirs and metal (some progressive metal songs by Iced Earth got that), or something like some Therion songs, like Seven Secrets of the Sphinx maybe.

Werbung: