firefox vs internet explorer 7

Undead_Lives

Watch you language please Nooby. I think the censoring system is gone.
I think all the schools should get a different browser too, but all of those "computer teachers" are too stupid to upgrade.

Werbung:

Fladian

It got to my attention as well that censuring system is gone. I'm quite pleased to hear it, actually.

I have been using a custom browser for quite some time already - I still have a screen shot from when I was called 'Dark Dragon' back at WC3C while using my new browser, go figure - it seems. Maxthon never disappointed me in something, so I see no reason to replace it with anything, despite all the good words of Firefox.

Some time ago I do remember meeting a teacher who gave some kind of computer-lessons and also had to teach kids to work with Internet Explorer. I remember him saying to me:
"It's annoying to show them this. I don't even use Internet Explorer, let alone teaching people how they have to work with it."

All in all, I am also willing to try and convince people to switch to a custom browser, and a colleague of mine at work is of the same opinion... unfortunately, it is quite hard to convince an entire company to switch from browser. :p

Fladian

Agreed, but to overthrow an entire company (they rent houses) which will at least take an hour to set up? That's too much time.
You don't want to know what a chaos it was when we had a power faillure or when REMS (the main program) was offline. :p It's a shame that my report was already finished by that time...

Fladian

And teach people how it works? That's far too much work for someone like me. Let Stefan or any other high ranked boss take care of such stuff - note: Stefan is the ONLY one who uses a different browser - not someone like me. Come on, let me enjoy my vacation for this last week. :p (back to work next week)

Fladian

Are you ready (and capable) of trying to teach people from 60+ who dispise you for what you are, how to use a browser? I sure ain't :p

Not to mention that the name change of the company is already producing enough stress, alas the reason why I wanted two weeks of vacation. 40,000 letters was a bit too much for me in one day... not something I would like to daily.

Fladian

I doubt it would... a teacher has the clear assignments that he has to teach with IE, not with any other program ('MyIE' was later named to Maxthon) or browser. Despite that the appearance might be completely the same, not every computer has that custom browser but every computer (assumed it has an internet connection) has IE.

Fladian

That might take a short time, agreed, but it is quite useless to teach kids how to use a custom browser. As I said earlier, not everyone or everything has a custom browser. IE is the only thing that you can be certain of, therefore, that has to be taught.

Werbung:

N00byStance

Watch you language please Nooby. I think the censoring system is gone.
[/b]

All that yell is about one 'fuck'? :p

That might take a short time, agreed, but it is quite useless to teach kids how to use a custom browser.
[/b]

Ah, that's bullshit too, my whole family is using Opera due to my terror :infernal: And it brings effects! Little children aren't as stupid as you think, at least here :p I also converted couple of my mates to Opera or at least anything other than IE. Hey, I saved few PC existences!