Goin To New Orleans

Werbung:

BillyTheKid

well here i am at JFK its 12:46 and my flights at 2:00 someone im me im bored. But the funny thing is there are only 20 people on the plane.

BillyTheKid

hey guys right now im in baton ruge. we stayed in the NO area for 2 days helping distribute medicine, food, clothes, anything. Now we are staying in baton ruge for 3 more days to help others who fleed the storm and now have nothing. And the news is protraying the aftermath almost truth fuly there are still many people on rooftops w/o food or water not to mention theyre under the scorching sun.

Defender

Puppet said:
And Puppet steps in......
Billy, blaming George Bush for not acting promptly is fuckin lame. If you think he is sitting in the White House trying to find ways to deprive the Gulf Coast then you really need to rethink. The president, regardless of if he is democrat or republican, has a staff that gets information from other departments like fema. They act based upon that input. I can't think of a president in my history (old fart) that betrayed the public in an emergency situation from a natural disaster. Cut him some frickin slack. What I'm amazed at is the media. Normally they are all over this shit. It took them nearly 4 days to bring the real devastation to the public. They should know that the public opens the flood gates when it sees suffering. We could have aided them much more quickly if the real devastation was reported more quickly.

I think the head of FEMA should resign. Personally I see much of the errors falling on his shoulders. Where was the plan?

Puppet

Did you see him on Meet the press this morning trying to defend the fact that they did a disaster mock a year ago and the test results said that the levi would break and 2 thousand would die? He danced around that one. More rhetoric than Al Gore.

Deviant

I saw that Puppet, the fucker was so lost on what to say because the reporter called him out on it. He was constantly stuttering and trying to think of what to say. He said what surprised was that the levees broke on Monday and not Sunday....I mean, what the fuck?!?! It was probably 12 hours later, they were no less prepared either way!

Machiavelli

Anyone who trashed Billy in this thread has no class. He was there, he had family there, he helped people out. That's sure as hell more than I did. If anyone that has posted so far has a right to be critical if anything or anyone, it's him.

Satan

wow omg billy did some good in this world, congrats! just cause im not down there doesnt mean im not fucking doing anything about it.

MoneyShot

Look, everyone in the administration and government failed. This isnt packing up a picnic basket but this is a mass evacuation that was supposedly planned for. Since it was water, and not chemical, biological, or radiation all the game plans went to pot.

Its too bad that this is how everyone works. Dont be too smart or theyll fire you.

Totally pathetic.

Dirty that was some funny shit.

BillyTheKid

goodgod0wf.jpg

jesuschrist1yr.jpg

wellthatsmyhotel3fk.jpg

shotdown3ao.jpg

shit9hl.jpg

LastManStanding

No Billy you don't know whats going on.

First FEMA is the reason things are not working. They want contracts signed before they move things in. So for them they are saying, until someone agrees to a price we are not sending things in. Which is just stupid.

The other thing is that the government is not telling people to rape and kill each other. Pretty sad that instead of trying to get out or get food you are picking up woman to rape. Great idea.

Red Tape is hampering the relief efforts on the civilian side. The military is on station and doing it's job.

I don't want to see anymore people lose their lives. I also don't want to point fingers. The main thing is to get everyone out of N.O. and then make it a lake.

Werbung:

Defender

I saw an interesting interview with the N.O. Mayor. He is a cool guy imho. He was talking about how there was a meeting with the President and the Governor. The Mayor demanded immediate action from them both (this was a couple days after the break). The Mayor said the Pres and Gov went to discuss it and when they came out the Pres said that the the Gov wanted more time. Bush told the Mayor he was ready to go now and get things going.

Now obviously this is not verbatim but it's the jist of it. I doubt the Mayor is a Bush fan but he made it clear that it was the Gov who held things up for a bit. She might not have wanted to let the feds come in and take her glory..who knows.

I still blame that Fema director and I hope his ass is fired. I hate when people can't just come out and say "hey I messed up, I was not prepared for this and I made some mistakes".