Gun physics etc

Ramon Knight

I'm looking for a detailed guide that explains all the gun physics for the various weapons in the game. I've got a feel for many of the guns through exclusive and intense (and often suicidal) practice with many of them, though i'd like to know if there was a site that detailed them.

Various details are useful:
Where the bullets 'go' in relation to the crosshairs - both for single fire, burst fire, and full auto (for those weapons that have it) and the various modes for each weapon.

Tips on where to 'pull' your gun in full auto modes for all applicable weapons.

Effects of crouching, strafing, and jumping etc.

Varying weapon damage by position, and also by range- ie, shotgun tends to deal very little damage at long distances, but can deal massive damage up close: ak 47 can deal fairly steady damage at all distances.

Guide videos in demo or movie form would be awesome :)

I've yet to learn a lot of weapons like the various smgs, the aug, kreigg, and other guns we don't use on this server and still need AK/famas practice. Yes, i know i could practice more and more: but its tough to resist just buying an AK when you're in shotgun training on aztec. (yes, i could just go ak/colt like everybody else, but i like to be diverse).

Werbung:

blze

there aint a whole lot to it, is there??? it's not like BF where you have to adjust for distance and wind and shit, like if you are all the way across the map from me on dust 2 (B site all the way thru CT spawn up to top of ramp) all i have to do is put my "dot" on your head and fire...

dont have to aim above or anything. is that the "physics" you mean?

OR, do you mean like how to control recoil (ask puppet, rofl :)) and stuff like that? thats just a trial and error thing, like to most of us i think the AK goes up and left, so if you go down and right it will cancel some of the recoil.

like specifice guns, ask one at a time, lol.

AUG:
try this, buy an AUG and get like 10-15 ft from the wall and spray a whole clip. see how close that grouping is??? it's a really expensive and powerful mp5 or a really inaccurate scout, bc, at long range its really only accurate with burst or single shot bc its spray is HUGE but it has big bullets and can kill with only one or 2 hits.

next (it's somebody else's turn)......:Famas:

Ramon Knight

Well that's an example right there. I've tried aug at long distances and fired an entire clip (burst fire..1-2 shots) at peoples bodies/heads and got nay a single shot - even with the zoom. However, sometimes i can no-scope with a scout at the same distance and get some hits.

Trying to shoot a wall with every gun is nice and all, but i'd rather have more helpful hints and such :)

Edit: dammit curry your pics make me hungry :(

blze

ohhh kayyyyy, like, smg's = short range/spray; rifles = long range/burst but can also do what a smg can; para = PUT ME IN COACH I AM PWNJI !

lol, man, seriously, you dont want to actually "SEE" what each one does you just want us to tell you??? wtf is that? sellout? haha, you fool, a magincian never tells his secrets, lololololololol, muahahhahaha, *p00f*

Ramon Knight

Can i just change the topic to: does hot relish go with curry? Actually i just wanted curry to respond so i could drool some more...god damn i'm hungry.. that Lion Heart's a whiner, he doesnt know jack shit about not having food to eat till he tries spaghetti n cheese (i use shoprite spaghetti and melted shoprite american cause its cheaper than mac n cheese) with burger king ketchup packets for nourishment :)

For real, though, yeah it would be nice. I mean as far as tactics, corner camping, etc, i think i've got it down....it all comes down to my ability to effectively hit people from the various distances.

--Rimwrecker

If you ever use the Famas from mid-long range, use the Burst-Fire mode. Automatic mode is awful for the Famas, and really only works in CQC (Close-Quarter Combat...like SMG/Shotgun range). The Automatic mode, at mid-long range, also makes it worse than the Galil/Defender in terms of recoil and power (uses a weaker bullet type so that's a given all the time). If you are going to use the Automatic mode at mid-long range, then use single shots aimed at the head.

eggs

as mentioned before
best way is just to start a lan game
where its you by yourself
and shoot walls
best practice ever is finding the "sweet spot"
if you figure it out then tell me
cuz i know sure as hell there is not science to my play
if im pissed off i play more accurately than i play
just fucking arround

just rule of thumb to use is
if its auto then burst 1 or 2 shots (unless tmp then just go for head clip at time :p)
if its awp/scout and ur at a distance take ur time and aim as much as u want
but they can move so shoot for chest

thats where i shoot for on all guns
i just get lucky and get hs

using things like box's and ledges are useful
typically i have found like on aztec if your ct looking over the wall at top of ramp at bomb site
if u crouch and see t's runnin thru door u can line ur
crosshairs up right above that ledge and get a few good shots in before discovered.

only examples

imported_SuXoR

Here is something on-topic for your reading pleasure. I'm in the middle of reading it right now...

http://www.firingsquad.com/games/csweapons/

*edit - After reading this, it seems to be very close to what you want Ramon. Enjoy.

Werbung: