Happy Birthday

Werbung:

Mavus

Well I naturally assumes site discussion because it's on the site birthday managy thingy... I wouldn't've found out otherwise

Fladian

*Moved to Chat*
This has absolutely nothing to do with Site Discussion.

I'm not familiar with Hades (or at least, the member named Hades) either, and considering he hasn't been active for nearly six months, I see no reason to PM him either to congratulate him.

Why didn't anybody made a thread for me on my birthday? :p

Fladian

Is it? Then why do I only get one year older at the 26th of June only? :p

"You're turning twenty then?" - Elianne, a friend.
"Yeah." - Me
"So, you're finally getting old?"
"Ack! You're only a year younger than me! Don't give me that!"
"Yeah, but... twenty just sounds old."
"I guess that's true."

Moagrim

I've never even heard of Hades, and I don't think he's been online for quite some time. So this thread and a PM would be kind of....pointless :p.

Oh yeah, thanks for the PM on my B'day 2 weeks ago (didn't check till a few days ago) :) .

Fladian

Hades is some kind of God from the ancient Greek, as I recall. I don't know much about the religions of that time, in truth, but if I remember correctly, Hades is (or was, whichever you prefer) a God of the underworld, or something like that. Don't point me on it though. If I'm not mistaking, Hades wasn't a major God like Zeus.
But if you meant the member, then... uh... well, I don't know him really either. And considering he hasn't been online for nearly six months, I still remain with the fact that I won't send a PM. And for those who don't know it yet, all members who are having their birthday can expect a PM from me - and in the future perhaps a little present, but again, don't point me on that, my package is still underway to the US regarding the birthday of a friend of mine who happens to be a member of this forum as well - and that isn't an automatic PM. :p

Moagrim

Hades is some kind of God from the ancient Greek, as I recall. I don't know much about the religions of that time, in truth, but if I remember correctly, Hades is (or was, whichever you prefer) a God of the underworld, or something like that. Don't point me on it though. If I'm not mistaking, Hades wasn't a major God like Zeus.
But if you meant the member, then... uh... well, I don't know him really either.
[/b]

Hades is one of the Chthonic (earth & underworld gods,the others were the Olympians, the sky gods) gods of Greek mythology (the romans called him Pluto,though.). And he was a god of the underworld :p. Ask me almost anything on Viking, Greek or Celtic mythology, I'm rather sad like that.

So....yeah...I meant the site member :) .

Fladian

Thanks for filling me in then, as I said, I don't know too much about them because I don't hold any particular interest in any kind of religion. I have one Christian parent though. Most I know about the ancient religions is by reading though still, mostly came out of stories. In order to make a believable history of something, or someone, it is best if you do your research well. I never bothered to let religion involve, but I do know some who did. 'The Conversation' is by far the best (amateur) story I've read, which involved a... creature that has been brought forth out of religions.
But if you would answer a question for me related to that. Was I right when I said that Hades is but a minor God in comparison to the major ones, such as Zeus, I mentioned earlier?

But I'm babbeling.

Moagrim

Yeah, being Chthonic meant that he wasn't worshipped as readilly as the Olympians (of which Zeus was one of). Hades was less important than Zeus even though Hades was the older brother of Zeus (and Poseidon, another important Greek god) But I suppose that's just overly favoured liitle brother for you,then :p.

Anyway, I'll shut up now before I bore everyone.

Fladian

Yeah, being Chthonic meant that he wasn't worshipped as readilly as the Olympians (of which Zeus was one of). Hades was less important than Zeus even though Hades was the older brother of Zeus (and Poseidon, another important Greek god) But I suppose that's just overly favoured liitle brother for you,then :p.[/b]
He was the little brother? =\ To be honest, I never knew, and never would have expected either. However, I was aware of Poseidon though.

Werbung: