Happy Birthday

Raiju

Sure a long post áya? I've read it all, altough i lack some knowledge about Dutch inner football

Her full name is quite... long is what I noticed some time ago[/b]

Mind writing it?

think I know Daniel Alves. Isn't he from Brondby?[/b]

You mean Brondby from Denmark? No, he is a brazilian who plays in the Seville of Spain

The team you are managing, what kind of role does it play in that league?[/b]

Main role in all mexican tournaments, and significantly in continental (in real life). The mexican "top teams" are Aguillas de Guadalajara FC, CD Monterrey, Jaguares FC, CDM América and Necaxa FC (FC= fútbol clube, CD= clube desportivo, CDM= clube desportivo mexicano). I only gained sufficient money and reputation to buy strong players to boost my teams into the continental tournaments and international ones.

You see, this year we're (the AGFC) going through some major problems because of their star and my idol, Cuautehmoc Blanco. His violence in-games has gone far beyond the limits, culminating in the coma of a player of the Oaxaca (reasonably good team, who recently climbed up divisions). The player, Alejandro Roca aparently called Blanco of "índio sin-teto" = "homeless indian (descendant of aztecs and mayas)". You got to comprehend that there is still some kind of pre-concept against indian etnic people (like me, which is an absurd since we are MAJORITY in the country). Blanco grabbed his head and stroke his kneel in his forehead 5 times, the he dropped Roca on the grass and smashed his eggs (with the soccer shoes). Roca is in coma for 5 weeks now and i believe he is never going to have any children in his life. Blanco is being punished by the justice, but the team is suffering with that, since he is our top-scorer and there are some rumors that the AGFC "dopped" Blanco before the game. Because of that, Monterrey is gonna win the Eqohuatls' for sure.

Werbung:

Fladian

I've Never really betted on Football, not too bothered by it, to be honest. But if I had to choose a team it'd be Rangers, simply because my dad, my uncles,my grandad and so on have supported them :).
Out here in the Netherlands, back when I was a kid, you were forced to like football. Especially among children, the question: "Which one is your favorite team?" was a very common question. Those who didn't like football had a problem, because they received the question nearly daily. At a certain time, I decided to answer with Heerenveen, a team most people didn't really know because it wasn't a team that was much in the highlights - something I respect.

The only thing that puts my family off of supporting them (apart from the fact that scottish football isn't exactly legendary) is the religious bigotry that goes on between Rangers (Protestant) and Celtic (Catholic) ridiculous after match riots and fights because of religion, something that should have nothing to with football. I don't know if you get anything like that over there, do you?
The rivalry between Ajax (Amsterdam, the capital) and Rotterdam (Rotterdam) is quite fierce. I cannot recall the last time when no injuries and no fatalities occured during a match like that. This is the first year where the KNVB (the Dutch football rules) decided that there is no access for an audience. Ajax fans may go, as long as they play in the Amsterdam ArenA and Feyenoord fans may go as long as they play in de Kuip. But the opposition fans are forbidden to come.
"Ajax are jewish!"

Ajax vs ADO Den Haag (Den Haag) isn't much of a nice match either. Since last year (or two years ago, I don't remember anymore), the ADO's supporters decided to sing very offensive songs. This wasn't tolerated by the ref, and he wanted to stop the match. Ajax decided to continue though, and eventually drawed the match (after a 3 - 0) because of a lack of concentration. ADO Den Haag is one of the weaker teams of the league and Ajax is one of the top 3.
"Sylvie, Sylvie is the whore of Amsterdam." (Wife of Dutch star, Rafael van der Vaart)

Vitesse (Arnhem) vs NEC (Nijmegen) usually doesn't come off too nicely either. This is your classical derby between two nearby lying cities. Though it isn't half as bad as ADO - Ajax or Ajax - Feyenoord, it still tend to give the police quite a lot of problems. Vitesse is a more of a 'clean' team than most others and usually the problems seem to be quite limited. I'm always in the middle of them though.

SC Heerenveen (Heerenveen) vs Cambuur (Leeuwarden) is a derby very similar to Ajax - Feyenoord, only this is in the North, between two Frisian clubs. Leeuwarden is one of the few biggest cities in the Netherlands, together with Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Utrecht (and a few others). Heerenveen is a (small) village, yet Heerenveen is the number 4 of the Netherlands and Cambuur is one of the weakest teams in the lowest league. SC Heerenveen has a reputation of never giving trouble, while Cambuur has an opposite reputation.

Feyenoord (Rotterdam) vs Sparta (Rotterdam) is a typical city derby between two big teams in the same city. Sparta is an older club than Feyenoord and has a bigger history, yet Feyenoord is more successful. Feyenoord (and Ajax) has a giant reputation of giving trouble, and Sparta isn't really the nicest around either. Despite that this gives less trouble than Ajax - Feyenoord, it clearly isn't safe to be on the streets during this match.

Why would anyone complain about hearts being on it? theres a (fairly average) team called Hearts (or heart of midlothian, if you prefer) from Edinburgh (the two teams here suffer from Bigots too, though not on such a large scale as Glasgow) who's whole badge is a red love heart :p.
I know that team.
When people see the Frisian flag, or Heerenveen's logo for the first time, they usually give a reaction similar to: "What the...? They have hearts? =\" I'm not too offended by it (but I don't like it), but the real Frisians do take an offense to that. It is their national flag (symbol) after all. And they honor and respect it, and so do I.

Also, what's Frisian?? I can only remember them as Viking-type fellows from a filnm called "The Warlord"
The north of the Netherlands is called Friesland, where people are Frisians and they speak Frisian. It is hard (if not impossible) to compare Frisians to Dutch people. You'd be safer off to say it is a seperate nation with their own flag (the Frisian Flag). People have a completely different personality than other people's in the nation. Heerenveen is a Frisian village, while Leeuwarden is a (big) Frisian city. Frisians are well known for their kindness, their hospitality, their loyalty and understanding.
I personally love Frisians, and I guess it's obvious that my girlfriend is a Frisian too, hm? :p

Sure a long post áya? I've read it all, altough i lack some knowledge about Dutch inner football
We have a regular league out here with 18 teams, where the last one, the 18th, immediately relegates to the first division, the lowest professional league. The 17th and 16th have to play a play off with three other teams of the first division for promotion to the highest league, the eredivisie. The first in the eredivisie is the champions (duh) and will immediately play Champions League. Since last year, some kind of stupid play off system has been accepted (all fans are against it, all managers are against it, but all clubs think it's a good idea), which mixes up the European places for UEFA-cup, Champions League and Inter toto.

The first division exists out of 20 teams, the last three usually being Cambuur (Leeuwarden), FC Omniworld (second year in professional football, Almere) and Fortuna Sittard (Sittard). A friend and I are following FC Omniworld because they stated their ambitions when they first were a professional team.
They said something like: "We'll stick a few years in the first division, and then we'll promote to the eredivisie (highest league) and become a stabile subtopper." Erik (that friend) and I laughed our ass off upon hearing that and started to follow FC Omniworld, who ended up 19th in the first division league. This year they stated new ambitions, and Erik and I are going to follow it again. "We're going to promote this year and try to become one of the top 5 in the Netherlands as quick as possible." In truth, one team in the Netherlands managed to do all that in about 10 years of time - also being the fastest and most successful. That would be (coincidentally) SC Heerenveen.

We also have a Dutch Cup, which the winner will receive a ticket of UEFA-cup. The winner of the Dutch Cup will have to face the Champion of the league at the 13th of August... oh, that's today. :p It's PSV - Ajax.

Mind writing it?
Sorry, but I earlier said that I don't mention the last names of people without their permission... and I can't remember it. ("Forget about it, quickly.")

You mean Brondby from Denmark? No, he is a brazilian who plays in the Seville of Spain
Oh, my mistake. There is supposed to play a Daniel Alves in Brondby, from Denmark, as well.

Main role in all mexican tournaments, and significantly in continental (in real life). The mexican "top teams" are Aguillas de Guadalajara FC, CD Monterrey, Jaguares FC, CDM América and Necaxa FC (FC= fútbol clube, CD= clube desportivo, CDM= clube desportivo mexicano). I only gained sufficient money and reputation to buy strong players to boost my teams into the continental tournaments and international ones.
Sounds like you got a stronger team than my SC Heerenveen. ;)

You see, this year we're (the AGFC) going through some major problems because of their star and my idol, Cuautehmoc Blanco. His violence in-games has gone far beyond the limits, culminating in the coma of a player of the Oaxaca (reasonably good team, who recently climbed up divisions).
Yeah, you've told me about Blanco before during the World Cup. The commentator also had some stuff to say about Blanco during the match(es) of Mexico.

The player, Alejandro Roca aparently called Blanco of "índio sin-teto" = "homeless indian (descendant of aztecs and mayas)". You got to comprehend that there is still some kind of pre-concept against indian etnic people (like me, which is an absurd since we are MAJORITY in the country).
I know the problem... personally. I don't really look Dutch, after all.

Blanco grabbed his head and stroke his kneel in his forehead 5 times, the he dropped Roca on the grass and smashed his eggs (with the soccer shoes). Roca is in coma for 5 weeks now and i believe he is never going to have any children in his life.
Ouch... a player in the first division, Niels Kokmeijer, had an... accident as well. During a match, a Marrocanian player from Sparta (who was playing in the first division back then) called Rachid Bouaouzan made a 'flying tackle' at Niels' leg. He literally broke the leg in two (you really saw the leg splitting. It was a horrible sight. "We have it on video, and I am not going to watch it again, but I'll show it." - the commentator) When the Sparta fans saw that, they started screaming things like: "Let him bleed to death!" and "leave him there!" Eventually the ref let the game continue, letting Sparta start a counter attack and leaving Niels there on the field, while most Go Ahead Eagles player team mates started towards him. Finally, when the Sparta striker, Danny Koevermans got the bal, he immediately grabbed it in his hands, gestured to the audience to calm down and ran towards Niels as well.

Bouaouzan was brought to court, but only got off with a little money to pay. Niels' leg will never recover and he will never be able to walk properly. I have one heck of a load of respect for Sparta's former striker (he plays for AZ now), Danny Koevermans for doing something like that. That guy, who is always so cool, was furious at his team mates and the audience at that time. Do note that Koevermans became top scorer of the first division (by far) three times in a row of the three times he played in it. (Two years ago, Sparta and Heracles were invincible in the first division, losing only twice in the entire season. Their forelast match was against each other, and would decide who would become champion of the first division... I'll probably never forget that match. The strongest offensive team against the strongest defensive team)

The reason that I hate Bouaouzan has nothing to do with the fact that Niels has been a former player of SC Heerenveen.

Blanco is being punished by the justice, but the team is suffering with that, since he is our top-scorer and there are some rumors that the AGFC "dopped" Blanco before the game. Because of that, Monterrey is gonna win the Eqohuatls' for sure.
I'm sorry, but if he did what you just said, than I hope he receives a bigger penalty than Bouaouzan got in the Netherlands for his assault at Niels.

I've Never really betted on Football, not too bothered by it, to be honest. But if I had to choose a team it'd be Rangers, simply because my dad, my uncles,my grandad and so on have supported them :).
Out here in the Netherlands, back when I was a kid, you were forced to like football. Especially among children, the question: "Which one is your favorite team?" was a very common question. Those who didn't like football had a problem, because they received the question nearly daily. At a certain time, I decided to answer with Heerenveen, a team most people didn't really know because it wasn't a team that was much in the highlights - something I respect.

The only thing that puts my family off of supporting them (apart from the fact that scottish football isn't exactly legendary) is the religious bigotry that goes on between Rangers (Protestant) and Celtic (Catholic) ridiculous after match riots and fights because of religion, something that should have nothing to with football. I don't know if you get anything like that over there, do you?
The rivalry between Ajax (Amsterdam, the capital) and Rotterdam (Rotterdam) is quite fierce. I cannot recall the last time when no injuries and no fatalities occured during a match like that. This is the first year where the KNVB (the Dutch football rules) decided that there is no access for an audience. Ajax fans may go, as long as they play in the Amsterdam ArenA and Feyenoord fans may go as long as they play in de Kuip. But the opposition fans are forbidden to come.
"Ajax are jewish!"

Ajax vs ADO Den Haag (Den Haag) isn't much of a nice match either. Since last year (or two years ago, I don't remember anymore), the ADO's supporters decided to sing very offensive songs. This wasn't tolerated by the ref, and he wanted to stop the match. Ajax decided to continue though, and eventually drawed the match (after a 3 - 0) because of a lack of concentration. ADO Den Haag is one of the weaker teams of the league and Ajax is one of the top 3.
"Sylvie, Sylvie is the whore of Amsterdam." (Wife of Dutch star, Rafael van der Vaart)

Vitesse (Arnhem) vs NEC (Nijmegen) usually doesn't come off too nicely either. This is your classical derby between two nearby lying cities. Though it isn't half as bad as ADO - Ajax or Ajax - Feyenoord, it still tend to give the police quite a lot of problems. Vitesse is a more of a 'clean' team than most others and usually the problems seem to be quite limited. I'm always in the middle of them though.

SC Heerenveen (Heerenveen) vs Cambuur (Leeuwarden) is a derby very similar to Ajax - Feyenoord, only this is in the North, between two Frisian clubs. Leeuwarden is one of the few biggest cities in the Netherlands, together with Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Utrecht (and a few others). Heerenveen is a (small) village, yet Heerenveen is the number 4 of the Netherlands and Cambuur is one of the weakest teams in the lowest league. SC Heerenveen has a reputation of never giving trouble, while Cambuur has an opposite reputation.

Feyenoord (Rotterdam) vs Sparta (Rotterdam) is a typical city derby between two big teams in the same city. Sparta is an older club than Feyenoord and has a bigger history, yet Feyenoord is more successful. Feyenoord (and Ajax) has a giant reputation of giving trouble, and Sparta isn't really the nicest around either. Despite that this gives less trouble than Ajax - Feyenoord, it clearly isn't safe to be on the streets during this match.

Why would anyone complain about hearts being on it? theres a (fairly average) team called Hearts (or heart of midlothian, if you prefer) from Edinburgh (the two teams here suffer from Bigots too, though not on such a large scale as Glasgow) who's whole badge is a red love heart :p.
I know that team.
When people see the Frisian flag, or Heerenveen's logo for the first time, they usually give a reaction similar to: "What the...? They have hearts? =\" I'm not too offended by it (but I don't like it), but the real Frisians do take an offense to that. It is their national flag (symbol) after all. And they honor and respect it, and so do I.

Also, what's Frisian?? I can only remember them as Viking-type fellows from a filnm called "The Warlord"
The north of the Netherlands is called Friesland, where people are Frisians and they speak Frisian. It is hard (if not impossible) to compare Frisians to Dutch people. You'd be safer off to say it is a seperate nation with their own flag (the Frisian Flag). People have a completely different personality than other people's in the nation. Heerenveen is a Frisian village, while Leeuwarden is a (big) Frisian city. Frisians are well known for their kindness, their hospitality, their loyalty and understanding.
I personally love Frisians, and I guess it's obvious that my girlfriend is a Frisian too, hm? :p

We have a regular league out here with 18 teams, where the last one, the 18th, immediately relegates to the first division, the lowest professional league. The 17th and 16th have to play a play off with three other teams of the first division for promotion to the highest league, the eredivisie. The first in the eredivisie is the champions (duh) and will immediately play Champions League. Since last year, some kind of stupid play off system has been accepted (all fans are against it, all managers are against it, but all clubs think it's a good idea), which mixes up the European places for UEFA-cup, Champions League and Inter toto.

The first division exists out of 20 teams, the last three usually being Cambuur (Leeuwarden), FC Omniworld (second year in professional football, Almere) and Fortuna Sittard (Sittard). A friend and I are following FC Omniworld because they stated their ambitions when they first were a professional team.
They said something like: "We'll stick a few years in the first division, and then we'll promote to the eredivisie (highest league) and become a stabile subtopper." Erik (that friend) and I laughed our ass off upon hearing that and started to follow FC Omniworld, who ended up 19th in the first division league. This year they stated new ambitions, and Erik and I are going to follow it again. "We're going to promote this year and try to become one of the top 5 in the Netherlands as quick as possible." In truth, one team in the Netherlands managed to do all that in about 10 years of time - also being the fastest and most successful. That would be (coincidentally) SC Heerenveen.

We also have a Dutch Cup, which the winner will receive a ticket of UEFA-cup. The winner of the Dutch Cup will have to face the Champion of the league at the 13th of August... oh, that's today. :p It's PSV - Ajax.

Mind writing it?
Sorry, but I earlier said that I don't mention the last names of people without their permission... and I can't remember it. ("Forget about it, quickly.")

Oh, my mistake. There is supposed to play a Daniel Alves in Brondby, from Denmark, as well.

Sounds like you got a stronger team than my SC Heerenveen. ;)

You see, this year we're (the AGFC) going through some major problems because of their star and my idol, Cuautehmoc Blanco. His violence in-games has gone far beyond the limits, culminating in the coma of a player of the Oaxaca (reasonably good team, who recently climbed up divisions).
Yeah, you've told me about Blanco before during the World Cup. The commentator also had some stuff to say about Blanco during the match(es) of Mexico.

The player, Alejandro Roca aparently called Blanco of "índio sin-teto" = "homeless indian (descendant of aztecs and mayas)". You got to comprehend that there is still some kind of pre-concept against indian etnic people (like me, which is an absurd since we are MAJORITY in the country).
I know the problem... personally. I don't really look Dutch, after all.

Blanco grabbed his head and stroke his kneel in his forehead 5 times, the he dropped Roca on the grass and smashed his eggs (with the soccer shoes). Roca is in coma for 5 weeks now and i believe he is never going to have any children in his life.
Ouch... a player in the first division, Niels Kokmeijer, had an... accident as well. During a match, a Marrocanian player from Sparta (who was playing in the first division back then) called Rachid Bouaouzan made a 'flying tackle' at Niels' leg. He literally broke the leg in two (you really saw the leg splitting. It was a horrible sight. "We have it on video, and I am not going to watch it again, but I'll show it." - the commentator) When the Sparta fans saw that, they started screaming things like: "Let him bleed to death!" and "leave him there!" Eventually the ref let the game continue, letting Sparta start a counter attack and leaving Niels there on the field, while most Go Ahead Eagles player team mates started towards him. Finally, when the Sparta striker, Danny Koevermans got the bal, he immediately grabbed it in his hands, gestured to the audience to calm down and ran towards Niels as well.

Bouaouzan was brought to court, but only got off with a little money to pay. Niels' leg will never recover and he will never be able to walk properly. I have one heck of a load of respect for Sparta's former striker (he plays for AZ now), Danny Koevermans for doing something like that. That guy, who is always so cool, was furious at his team mates and the audience at that time. Do note that Koevermans became top scorer of the first division (by far) three times in a row of the three times he played in it. (Two years ago, Sparta and Heracles were invincible in the first division, losing only twice in the entire season. Their forelast match was against each other, and would decide who would become champion of the first division... I'll probably never forget that match. The strongest offensive team against the strongest defensive team)

The reason that I hate Bouaouzan has nothing to do with the fact that Niels has been a former player of SC Heerenveen.

Blanco is being punished by the justice, but the team is suffering with that, since he is our top-scorer and there are some rumors that the AGFC "dopped" Blanco before the game. Because of that, Monterrey is gonna win the Eqohuatls' for sure.
I'm sorry, but if he did what you just said, than I hope he receives a bigger penalty than Bouaouzan got in the Netherlands for his assault at Niels.

Raiju

Hell Fladian, you somehow managed to write your post twice in the same posting :wtf:

We also have a Dutch Cup, which the winner will receive a ticket of UEFA-cup. The winner of the Dutch Cup will have to face the Champion of the league at the 13th of August... oh, that's today. :p It's PSV - Ajax.[/b]

I see. Not very different except we got 4 divisions and we participate of 2 World Qualifying Tournaments, in a manner of saying, because our offical World Qualifying Tournament is the CONCACAF, the "Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football", but the 3 best teams of the Mexican Cup are invited to play in the "Libertadores de la América", the South American World Qualifying Tournament (keep in mind that altough we're only one continent, major cultural differences divides us in 5: North America, Central America, South America; and Anglo America (USA and Canada) and Latino America (the last one comprises México, Argentina and all the countries between them). Because in the Caribbean football is not a strong sport (neither in Anglo America) North and Central America plays in the same tournament while the South got one just for themselves.

Just so you understand, we mexicans can play in the Libertadores, but if we manage to be champion of the Libertadores, we're NOT going to the World Cup (unless we win the CONCACAF). We used to have 20 teams in the 1st divison, but because of some problems, the Confederation took out 2, so now its 18.

I know the problem... personally. I don't really look Dutch, after all.[/b]
I'm sorry, but if he did what you just said, than I hope he receives a bigger penalty than Bouaouzan got in the Netherlands for his assault at Niels[/b]

That sucks. I have put myself in trouble a lot of times because of this. I dont take insults to home, so things usually end up in blood. Thats why i dont blame Blanco, altough he should have cooled his head a little before doing it, after all, he was prejudicating the team too.

I found a neat video in the YouTube, its a "Van Basten Compilation". You got to see it (if you havent done so), AWESOME goals

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARrjLveFe_A

Fladian

Hell Fladian, you somehow managed to write your post twice in the same posting :wtf: [/b]
That wasn't my intention =\ It must have been an accident.

That sucks. I have put myself in trouble a lot of times because of this. I dont take insults to home, so things usually end up in blood. Thats why i dont blame Blanco, altough he should have cooled his head a little before doing it, after all, he was prejudicating the team too.[/b]
I guess I can understand that, but... well, I'm not like that. ^^

I found a neat video in the YouTube, its a "Van Basten Compilation". You got to see it (if you havent done so), AWESOME goals[/b]
Thanks, but no thanks. I am of the time Van Basten played, but I am no fan of him. He is one of the "five" Dutch great players. Those are: "Johan Cruijff, Marco van Basten, Faas Wilkes (or Wilkens) and Abe Lenstra. I think I earned a spot in that list." - Dennis Bergkamp
Johan Cruijff, Marco van Basten and Faas Wilkes are all strikers. Abe Lenstra was a winger... and Frisian. Cruijff, v. Basten and Wilkes were all from Amsterdam... Ajax. I'm an admirer of Abe Lenstra, despite that all, except v. Basten are far before I was born. Well... Cruijff isn't, but... oh well...

Raiju

Thanks, but no thanks. I am of the time Van Basten played, but I am no fan of him. He is one of the "five" Dutch great players. Those are: "Johan Cruijff, Marco van Basten, Faas Wilkes (or Wilkens) and Abe Lenstra. I think I earned a spot in that list." - Dennis Bergkamp
Johan Cruijff, Marco van Basten and Faas Wilkes are all strikers. Abe Lenstra was a winger... and Frisian. Cruijff, v. Basten and Wilkes were all from Amsterdam... Ajax. I'm an admirer of Abe Lenstra, despite that all, except v. Basten are far before I was born. Well... Cruijff isn't, but... oh well...[/b]

You know what left me most impressed with this video? Capello CRIED when van Basten quit the football. To me, Capello is the best coach ever, and i never saw him crying mate. See the video, there is a part showing van Basten's farewell to football in Italy

Fladian

I know that about Marco v. Basten, Raiju. ^^ Depsite not being a fan of football at that moment, it's hard to miss someone like him.

Foppe (de Haan) is my favorite coach, but I am convinced Guus Hiddink is the best coach who is still alive. :p

The reason why I enjoy Abe Lenstra more than the other four from Amsterdam is perhaps because of the Amsterdam's arrogance. Bergkamp is a fine exception. I have no particular interest towards Cruijff (except that Edwin Evers, my idol, imitates him), v. Basten (besides him being Holland's manager and making another ridiculous decision for the coming match by not selecting giants like Ruud van Nistelrooy (former player of Heerenveen ^^), Mark van Bommel, Roy Makaay (currently in-form at FC Bayern) and Giovanni van Bronckhorst (I could have missed something with him, he could be injured).), and Wilkes. Though Wilkes played before I was born... well, that same counts for Lenstra.
Some general information about Abe can be found here:
http://www.sc-heerenveen.nl/web/show/id=59492

Raiju

jeje, i only got interested in him because you mentioned him a lot of times in the World Cup thread, so dont blame me for admiring him ^^

do you know a trademark of caps called "von Dutch" ?

Fladian

Of course I'd mention van Basten during the World Cup. He's the coach, after all. :p
Bergkamp recently retired from football but is not (yet) able to become a coach. Wilkes is old and retired (80+ I think) and Abe Lenstra passed away, so it's hard to make them coaches, no? :p Cruijff is a different story.
Both Abe and Cruijff are supposed to better than Van Basten, though it is hard to compare Abe to him. Considering Abe played on a different position.

Oh yes, and I have a habit of calling all players who've played for Heerenveen at their first name. =) Van Nistelrooy is one of the only exceptions who I still call them by their last name.

do you know a trademark of caps called "von Dutch" ?[/b]
What exactly do you mean with that?

"Von" isn't Dutch. 'Van' is the Dutch word for 'of.' ("He is a man of steel," is translated to: "Hij is een man van staal," literally translated: "Hij (He) is een (is a) man (man) van (of) staal (steel).") "Of" in Dutch, means 'or.' Holland's sub striker, Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink has a strange name because of that, (Change the 'of' in his name to 'or,' then you have the Dutch translation) and resulted in several puns. Some I never get tired of.

Fladian

It's an interesting discussion. Not to mention that Abe Lenstra (and Heerenveen) could just be the main reason why I got interested in football.

SC Heerenveen in general is Frisian and I admire Frisians, so...

It seems the SC got a new player:
Rogers Signs Pro Contract With Dutch Team

Aug. 14, 2006

COLLEGE PARK, Md. - Robbie Rogers, a 2005 Freshman All-American and the Terps' third-leading scorer a year ago, today announced he has signed a multi-year contract with a professional soccer club in the Dutch Premier League and will not return to the University of Maryland.

Rogers will travel to The Netherlands Tuesday to join his professional team, SC Heerenveen, and begin his pro career.[/b]

Fladian

By all means, my apologies for double posting.

The coincidence is great and I mourn for the loss, despite never meeting him or ever seeing a decent game of him, even though he played with Abe Lenstra for Holland's team. Faas Wilkes, the main striker and legendary in the Nederlands Elftal (the Netherlands' 11, aka. Holland's team), former international and Amsterdam's top striker and finally, one of the people left alive after all this time.
Faas Wilkes passed away at the age of 82 on tuesday's morning, 15th of August.

,,Wilkes left as one of the first Dutch football players to a forgein country. He placed our land on the international football-map. Wilkes played thirty years top-football. That's a carreer that's worth noticing."
,,I am surprised by the death of Wilkes. I phoned with him quite often. Only a while ago, during the World Cup, he called me. That also showed his attraction to the football and the Dutch team. Fortunately we could still give him cards for a game of the Dutch team." - KNVB. (the rules of the Dutch football)

<div align="center">
Faas_Wilkes_89029h.jpg
</div>

"Wilkes, famed for his bal-control, was the first Dutch football-prof. Growing up as an amateur first at HION and later the Rotterdam's Xerxes, and left in 1949 to Italy. Internazionale and AC Milan both offered a deal to the dribbeling-player. Inter offered the most and Wilkes became with his attacking style of play in Milan an incredibly popular player.

After three seasons he left for Torino and a few years later to the Spanish Valencia, where he grew out to become a public-favorite. In 1956 he returned to the Netherlands where he played two years for VVV...

Wilkes no longer welcome in Orange.

Het professionalisme in Nederland stond nog in de kinderschoenen. Wilkes keerde daarom als speler/trainer terug naar Spanje, bij Levante.

Returned from Valencia, Wilkes played three years for Fortuna'54. He was already 38 years old by the time he left Fortuna for his first love, Xerxes. He played there until he was 40. In May 1964 he retired as a player.

Faas Wilkes speelde 38 wedstrijden voor het Nederlands Elftal. Daarin maakte hij 35 doelpunten. Omdat hij prof werd, mocht Wilkes zes jaar (tussen 1949 en 1956) niet voor Oranje uitkomen. Pas toen in Nederland het betaald voetbal ingevoerd was hij weer welkom als international.

Faas Wilkes played 38 games for the Dutch team. Within those games, he made 35 goals. Because he became a prof, Wilkes couldn't, for six years (between 1949 and 1956), play for Holland. By the time Holland got paying-football, he was once again, welcome as an international.

The amount of goals he made in Holland's team was a record for a long time. Until 1998 was it record broken by Dennis Bergkamp. Bergkamp was in need of 61 games to do that however."

My apologies for any strange sentences if there are any. I personally translated it.

<div align="center">
voetbalprimeur35276.jpg
</div>

Faas Wilkes, rest in peace.
-Erwin H. J.

Raiju

Oh yes, and I have a habit of calling all players who've played for Heerenveen at their first name. =) Van Nistelrooy is one of the only exceptions who I still call them by their last name.[/b]

There is only one player that i call by the 1st name: Pavel.
Nedved ^^

What exactly do you mean with that?

"Von" isn't Dutch. 'Van' is the Dutch word for 'of.' ("He is a man of steel," is translated to: "Hij is een man van staal," literally translated: "Hij (He) is een (is a) man (man) van (of) staal (steel).") "Of" in Dutch, means 'or.' Holland's sub striker, Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink has a strange name because of that, (Change the 'of' in his name to 'or,' then you have the Dutch translation) and resulted in several puns. Some I never get tired of.[/b]

By what I was told, it is (guess what) an American trademark, the name is really Von Ducth. i thought you might know something since, well, its Von Dutch ^^

Now seriously, this is getting to be "fashion" between México's richies, i hate those caps, they are ugly and expensive, why use something like that?

Here is the site i found http://www.vondutch.com/

Now for the fun part, my big brother was watching me reading this post, guess what he said:

"What the hell are you doing? Football forum?" - Pedro
"Warcraft forum, but im writing about football, yes" - Me
"I can see that, idiot"
"Áya, go get laid! At least you dont have to wake up 6 o'clock tomorrow"
"What the HELL is that?!"
"That what?"
"That thing this person wrote (points out)"
"He is saying that he dont know Von Dutch. Hey, you know english, you can read by yourself."
"But isnt Von Dutch from the land of the dutchs? And WHAT IS THIS (points out again)"
"Dont ask ME. And THAT is dutch"
"Liar, this is bad spoken english"

Fladian

There is only one player that i call by the 1st name: Pavel.
Nedved ^^[/b]
You know what, I'll learn you something else in Dutch too. The word 'net' has several meanings in Dutch, but the one I am going to refer to is: 'Just,' as in, "he made it just in time." And the other word I'll teach you, is 'vet', which is Dutch for 'fat.' The 't' is pronounced in a similar way as the 'd' in Dutch. Sometimes, it's impossible to hear the difference between them (not to mention that there are words with a 'dt' and a 'td' behind each other). However, a pun that often occurs when talking about Pavel Nedved is his lastname. People quickly refer to the 'Net vet' (Just fat).

"When the Czech's team were ordering some girls, they had no problem with most of the squad. They did have some trouble with Jan Koller; it's really hard to find a giant girl. Luckily, they had a lot more luck with Nedved. The girl they found for him wasn't 'just fat' (net vet) but has been fat for a long time already." - Peter Heerschop, former no.1 comedian of the country.

By what I was told, it is (guess what) an American trademark, the name is really Von Ducth. i thought you might know something since, well, its Von Dutch ^^[/b]
Doesn't sound familiar to me. Sounds more German than anything else too... considering that 'von' is a German word.

Now seriously, this is getting to be "fashion" between México's richies, i hate those caps, they are ugly and expensive, why use something like that?[/b]
Quality, reputation, looks, wanting to be part of something, they are all possible reasons why people wear it. Because I have no sense of fashion, I don't really care much about quality, reputation isn't important to me (anymore), my looks are in general quite bad because I have no sense for fashion and I have no particular interest in being part of something. I am, however, the type of person that goes out with an Orange shirt when Holland plays/played, a SC Heerenveen shirt or scarf when Heerenveen won an important match or anything similar. During the World Cup, one of the biggest shops kept a little... well, something special. They sold little (about the size of a coin) stuffed-animals. Just round little (in four different colors) things that are proven to be able to stick to... just about anything. And for quite a long time. During one of the days of the World Cup, I placed one on my shoulder and went to work. Some comments of my colleagues are just plain brilliant. :p

<div align="center">
wuppie_81857a.jpg
</div>

The only thing that could be called "fashion" of what I wear is some shirts from the sport fashion, Umbro. Not because I enjoy it or have any particular interest to them, it's just... well, I like it how they feel. ^^

"What the hell are you doing? Football forum?" - Pedro
"Warcraft forum, but im writing about football, yes" - Me
"I can see that, idiot"
"Áya, go get laid! At least you dont have to wake up 6 o'clock tomorrow"
"What the HELL is that?!"
"That what?"
"That thing this person wrote (points out)"
"He is saying that he dont know Von Dutch. Hey, you know english, you can read by yourself."
"But isnt Von Dutch from the land of the dutchs? And WHAT IS THIS (points out again)"
"Dont ask ME. And THAT is dutch"
"Liar, this is bad spoken english"
[/b]
Heh... well, there is not much I can say about that I guess. Though Dutch remains Dutch, and despite that it has quite a number of words which are similar in English, it is hard, if not impossible, to be compared to English. :p

In general, I do speak bad English... though that's mostly done on purpose. :p

Moagrim

Quality, reputation, looks, wanting to be part of something, they are all possible reasons why people wear it. Because I have no sense of fashion, I don't really care much about quality, reputation isn't important to me (anymore), my looks are in general quite bad because I have no sense for fashion and I have no particular interest in being part of something. I am, however, the type of person that goes out with an Orange shirt when Holland plays/played, a SC Heerenveen shirt or scarf when Heerenveen won an important match or anything similar. During the World Cup, one of the biggest shops kept a little... well, something special. They sold little (about the size of a coin) stuffed-animals. Just round little (in four different colors) things that are proven to be able to stick to... just about anything. And for quite a long time. During one of the days of the World Cup, I placed one on my shoulder and went to work. Some comments of my colleagues are just plain brilliant. :p

<div align="center">
wuppie_81857a.jpg

[/b][/quote]

I think those stuffed animals are called gonks :p I used to like buying them from giftshops when I was little :) .

Heh... well, there is not much I can say about that I guess. Though Dutch remains Dutch, and despite that it has quite a number of words which are similar in English, it is hard, if not impossible, to be compared to English. :p

[/b]

That'd be because English comes from Anglo Saxons (and other languages) which came from somewhere in germany, so basically english is just a mish-mash of stolen languages :D .

Werbung:

Fladian

I think those stuffed animals are called gonks :p I used to like buying them from giftshops when I was little :) .[/b]
They're called 'Wuppies' out here. They were popular about 20 years ago too, but they are back now. There was a comerical about it during the World Cup out here where someone kept a wuppie on their shoulder, while whispering to it: "What do you say? Yes, of course you may sit on my other shoulder." After that, I placed one on my shoulder and went to work. It brought a load of hilarious comments; none of them reaching my quote of the day though.

That'd be because English comes from Anglo Saxons (and other languages) which came from somewhere in germany, so basically english is just a mish-mash of stolen languages :D .
[/b]
I don't know much about the history of languages, nor do I really care. ^^