hi :)

Laosh'Ra

hi all, im Laosh'Ra.
im active mapper (www.clancbs.com) and you might already know one of my projects called soulchess (soulchess.de.vu, wc3sear.ch directors choice section, wc3modforge subforum)

this page has a promising appeareance - i hope it'll become very popular :D im actually an allround mapper but i like focusing on triggers, especially the very weird ones :wtf: well mainly using WEU gui as ive never come across something being impossible to solve with that. (synergy with my hobby: programming ^^)
as for other stuff, ive basic skills in editing/converting sounds, rendering 3dgraphics as loadingscreen pictures (never done a model though) and misc knowledge... e.g. small details like colorcodes or major issues like organising a whole project which takes several months (or even years). imo a map has to be something special to be competitive. e.g. id never do another random dota/aos clone without having some awesome ideas to change the whole concept.
unfortunately im in the middle of my last year of school which results in a lack of free time :/

anyway, i'm happy to join this community :yay:

Werbung:

Arkidas

Hello there!

I am happy to see another member here as we are not many,
I hope you will help us to grow well!
And good luck with shool :)

Fladian

Well, that was quite an introduction.

I'm Fladian, one of the members of the Wc3 Anvil community, welcome to the forum Laosh'Ra.

Benx_X

yay welcome laosh'r your map soul chess is heaps mad you could very well be one of the best map maker if not the best map maker on this site right now...

Benx_X

umm no... but still...
ok well fine then he stays as ONE of the best
if you havnt played soul chess i would reccomd you give it a try

ragingspeedhorn

Lol true :p

But was more refering to what maps people made and how good modders they are etc as it is not anything I care about unless it is people I am trying to "recruit" to CBS :p

Fladian

I don't know anything about that either, but it is easy to find out... and I got a feeling that some of the members that joined earlier have some 'specific skills', so it is hard to tell who is the 'best modder'.

...for all I know, perhaps it's me, while I haven't mod anything officially for a long time now :p

Laosh'Ra

havent played ur maps yet fladian but imo its pointless to discuss who's the best mapper around coz it's all a matter of taste in the end ^^ ofc u can always say a map is well-made or not but i never heard of a map being fun to every single player who played it. e.g. i'd never recommend soulchess to someone who isnt patient enough for a turn based game. even i dont like playing 2 games of this in a row... but its nice for a change every once in a while: the idea was to create something unique. :yay:

Werbung:
havent played ur maps yet fladian but imo its pointless to discuss who's the best mapper around coz it's all a matter of taste in the end ^^ ofc u can always say a map is well-made or not but i never heard of a map being fun to every single player who played it. e.g. i'd never recommend soulchess to someone who isnt patient enough for a turn based game. even i dont like playing 2 games of this in a row... but its nice for a change every once in a while: the idea was to create something unique. :yay:
[/b]
Does this game, oh I dunno...involve..CHESS?