Hitbox problems since patch

TomtheNinja

Overall, the patch really didn't affect me, besides one very, very crucial error. The hitbox is messed up; big time. I'm just coming from a clan practice, as my squad's dedicated sniper and I've had too many registered hits (blood came off of their body) but no kill.

Though, it's not just my sniper that's broken. I've shot a light vester 4 times before he died, all registered hits, all close range...

This isn't just me, the other squad's sniper was hitting, yet missing, with these new hitboxes and had overall problems from most people who weren't spraying.

Werbung:

Roger117

Overall, the patch really didn't affect me, besides one very, very crucial error. The hitbox is messed up; big time. I'm just coming from a clan practice, as my squad's dedicated sniper and I've had too many registered hits (blood came off of their body) but no kill.

Though, it's not just my sniper that's broken. I've shot a light vester 4 times before he died, all registered hits, all close range...

This isn't just me, the other squad's sniper was hitting, yet missing, with these new hitboxes and had overall problems from most people who weren't spraying.

Yeah it has been a bit strange lately. Though I need to play a few more games on regular matches. I spent too much time on Snowball Fight. It flows with free EXP and GP.

TomtheNinja

After testing it with members of my squad we've found the issue. Lag. When you move around the map, your hitbox moves with you... to the best of its capabilities, but if you're lagging, where your body is and where your hitbox is are two different places. I was trying to snipe a team-mate that is known to lag and all he was doing was moving back and forth. I registered (sound + blood on my screen) around 10 hits and only 1 connected with a small portion of his hitbox, so it wasn't enough to kill him.

Standing still, however, does have a nice, crisp hitbox that's easy to hit. They've cleaned it up so you cannot hit the feet, the rest of the torso is easy to hit and everything. They've also fixed that when you're running into someone that you can now hit them instead of doing no damage.

Roger117

After testing it with members of my squad we've found the issue. Lag. When you move around the map, your hitbox moves with you... to the best of its capabilities, but if you're lagging, where your body is and where your hitbox is are two different places. I was trying to snipe a team-mate that is known to lag and all he was doing was moving back and forth. I registered (sound + blood on my screen) around 10 hits and only 1 connected with a small portion of his hitbox, so it wasn't enough to kill him.

Standing still, however, does have a nice, crisp hitbox that's easy to hit. They've cleaned it up so you cannot hit the feet, the rest of the torso is easy to hit and everything. They've also fixed that when you're running into someone that you can now hit them instead of doing no damage.

So if you shoot them in the leg or foot, they will incur no damage?

SPARTANZ77

wow no wonder,i bought an sr-25 becuase i didint have enough GP to get an l96 and i sucked with it couldint barely hit at all,now i know the problem

Liekthis

Something is definitly up, It seems impossible to kill someone from behind even if they are standing still. I was just in Waverider and I was right behind ( litteraly right behind ) a sniper, I unloaded what was in my AK47 ( about 11 rounds ) then pulled my UMP and shot a few more connected rounds as he turned around and pulled a shotty and boom killed me.There is no way anyone should have survived that barrage. I have also chased down people in Junk Flea and have the same problem. I hope we get an emergancy patch here soon.

Edit :Well they are aware of the problem :D
http://forum.nexon.net/CombatArms/forums/thread/2146923.aspx

Roger117

Something is definitly up, It seems impossible to kill someone from behind even if they are standing still. I was just in Waverider and I was right behind ( litteraly right behind ) a sniper, I unloaded what was in my AK47 ( about 11 rounds ) then pulled my UMP and shot a few more connected rounds as he turned around and pulled a shotty and boom killed me.There is no way anyone should have survived that barrage. I have also chased down people in Junk Flea and have the same problem. I hope we get an emergancy patch here soon.

Edit :Well they are aware of the problem :D
http://forum.nexon.net/CombatArms/forums/thread/2146923.aspx

That happened to me too. I chased a guy behind him in Junk Flea and loaded a whole M4A1 clip into his back. nothing happened. Then he turns around and kills me in 4 shots with an AK-47.

TAW_Paramarta

Thanks Tom,

yeah, i thought it was my aim that has been going crazy, but i figured it wasnt. sometimes i killed a guy when i didnt really aim the crosshair at him, and some of them called me wallhackers, lol. anyway, this got to be fixe

TAW_Paramarta

Liekthis

Im not going to play much CA this is bad really bad. I worked really hard last week to bring my KDR from 1.59 to what it is now, I dont plan on spoiling it over a bug =\. I am going to blame the new retarded Snowball Fight mode for screwing up the hit box. They had to add the new type of damage ( freezing ) in so I figure thats what messed it up.

Avicus8

yeh, me and my clan were in a clan match, and we unloaded atleast 5-6 G36E clips into this one guy.
Nexon has to stop breaking stuff

marvelicious

I am still having problems. My KDR is 1.07. Not that good, but certainly no slob either and I am getting more deaths than kills, which is very unusual of me. Am using G36E, I was behind some guys and unloaded like 5 shots in their back from just behind them and they were still not down. On other occasions it was very clear I shot these guys yet they were still alive. I tried both UMP and K2, and both did not fare much better.

It's very frustrating now to play this game, and I can't seem to get a hang of the hitbox issue as I don't have the luxury of time to play it everyday.

Can nexon resolve this fast???

Thanks.

TomtheNinja

I've shot through people like crazy instead of hitting them, it's really hard for me to snipe because my style is to snipe at an angle instead of having them walk directly towards me.

Werbung:

WaKowz

I have noticed about the hit box issue also. The game felt much more bloody right after the patch becasue the shots I fired were registered but no damage done. People that were suppose to only bleed once was bleeding shot after shot and not dying. But after playing for a few days I don't really notice the problem anymore. Maybe I'm getting use to the new hit box a bit.