How do you allow heroes to go past Lvl 5 by hunting creeps

abdumac

hi

im making a map, and when i test it, my hero will stop gaining xp after level 5, how can i allow him to continue gaining xp by killing creeps, and not other players.

Werbung:

Undead_Lives

First, don't make a title in all caps, thanks.
Second, if you were fooling around with Gameplay Constants, that would be your problem.
Can the hero get more levels by killing players and not creeps?

abdumac

the only thing that i changed in gameplay constants is the "HeroMaxLevel" and i made it 10000. But even when i change that back to default, my hero still won't level up after level 5.

And yes my hero does go past level 5 when killing actual players.

Xeridanus

This would be a good one for my FAQ... in gameplay constants there is a field called: Hero XP Gained - Creep Reduction Table. it's default values are: 80, 70, 60, 50, 0. these correspond to your heros level... change them as you see fit.

NB: if you have more levels then values in this field it will use the last value for the remaining levels.

abdumac

Xeridanus i don't get what your saying, can u explain this a little better?

so, if i want the hero to keep on gaining xp from creeps till he is level 10000 what would i do?

Xeridanus

notice the 5th value in the list is 0. this means that any experiance gained by killing a creep by any hero at level 5 or greater will be multiplied by 0. you must either change this to a non-zero number or delete it. you then have the option of putting in values for all 10,000 levels or just putting in some of them. but remember, the last value will be taken for any levels after it.

Fladian

I have a little addition to make to it. What Xeridanus said, is right.

Kindly ask you not to create threads with all caps in the title. I changed it now.

Werbung:

TerranUp16

Aye, we (or, someone anyway) just need to make a gameplay constants/gameplay interface faq that pretty much describes a majority of the useful functions of both, as I almost get more questions about things pertaining to those two things than I do even w/triggers. They're easy answers at least, but still, it's never fun to answer the same q 30-40 times.