Need a little support on something.

Soldarius

How many of you clan war? How many of you would like to see something else than just "all permitted" in the clan war options? Pistols only? Snipers Only? No Explosives? Why not, melee only? I'm trying to push for a little change in the sector of combat arms. Everyone has their own niche, mine being melee. I would therefore like to the melee only option in clan wars along with pistols only. So if you can, please help me out here, if you can or if it isn't a bother.

http://forum.nexon.net/CombatArms/forums/thread/2662712.aspx

Werbung:

Miran_Eitan

First person SHOOTER.

I'm pretty sure the only thing you're looking for is Melee only.

Tough luck.

Snipers only would be rather dumb, there's no explosives only, only a lack there of. No backpack would make things interesting, but it cuts skill levels down on the decent players.

Take your blades somewhere else. This is a gun fight.

cvspartan101

First person SHOOTER.

Tough luck.

Snipers only would be rather dumb, there's no explosives only, only a lack there of. No backpack would make things interesting, but it cuts skill levels down on the decent players.

I have to agree with him...

Soldarius

First person SHOOTER.

Tough luck.

You've got to be fucking kidding me? Why would they have melee weapons if it was a gun game? Why would they have a setting for melee only? why would they have a ranking board made out for melee stats? Hrmm. Both of you are flawed in logic.
The explosives, were meant be no explosives.

Both of you have biased opinions. War started out with hands, moved up to sticks and rocks, then metal objects. Guns didn't take place for a long time. What were people left fighting with? Bow and arrow and a melee weapon. When you're in an actual battle, out of ammo, and nothing else to use against someone with a melee weapon. In the army, you are trained in melee and gun warfare.

Most of you probably suck at melee, hence forth you don't like it. Besides melee, I would like to see pistols only and a lot of other things. Try to be more considerate of others, instead of being selfish.

First Person "Shooter" is the name of the game genre. In any first person shooter, you will find melee weapons or melee in general. Are you that redundant? Doom, for example, had a fucking chainsaw. So, research your shit before you decide to state that FPS are only gun games.

Seawied

I dislike melee because of latency issues on Nexxon's servers. I personally feel that if you are a melee fanatic, there are games that do this much better than nexxon

Soldarius

Really? Name a few.
MMORPGs? I think not.
Cheesy little flash games? Nope.
Shit like WoW? Not my cup of tea.
Gunz? No, thank you.
Crossfire? Eh..
War Rock? Sorry but no.
Pay-2-Play? Not doing that either.

Seawied

Really? Name a few.
MMORPGs? I think not.
Cheesy little flash games? Nope.
Shit like WoW? Not my cup of tea.
Gunz? No, thank you.
Crossfire? Eh..
War Rock? Sorry but no.
Pay-2-Play? Not doing that either.

Try DoD/S, CS:S, Halo, PVK II, virtually every other FPS other than CA. Combat Arms has the worst implementation of meleeing out of any FPS i've ever played

Miran_Eitan

Soldar said:
You've got to be fucking kidding me? Why would they have melee weapons if it was a gun game? Why would they have a setting for melee only? why would they have a ranking board made out for melee stats? Hrmm. Both of you are flawed in logic.

Nexon has rating boards for everything. I believe there's a rating board for most times killed per battle. I don't see people trying purposefully to get to the top of that one.

Soldar said:
Both of you have biased opinions. War started out with hands, moved up to sticks and rocks, then metal objects. Guns didn't take place for a long time. What were people left fighting with? Bow and arrow and a melee weapon. When you're in an actual battle, out of ammo, and nothing else to use against someone with a melee weapon. In the army, you are trained in melee and gun warfare.

Yeah. Warfare evolved. There's a bloody REASON for that. I could give you a half a dozen battles off the top of my head where guys with sticks and swords did jack shit against a smaller troup with halfway decent firearms. There's a reason it's outdated.

They teach you everything to the army. Special Forces go through training on how to firewalk, you know, where a guy actually walks through a fucking fire? Yeah. It's part of psych training. Melee combat is also adviced to be kept as an absolute last resort and to an absolute MINIMUM as to avoid personal injury. It's something you're trained to avoid and trained to end as fast as it begins. Maybe you should do some research yourself.

As for I suck with it, well I never buy any melee gear except for when they come out with new stuff, so my percentages are schewed [I used the shovel when it was really buggy, making it my worst percentage weapon in my inventory.] However, going off of total shots fired, my knife accuracy is not much less than the normal accuracy of my rifle.

I have a 2.37 KD and slowly rising with every time I play. I can use every weapon in the game with pretty decent efficency. Infact, I would feel safe in saying I'm the only person who CAN'T be bias, as I'm about as good as you get all around. Yeah, there's people better than me, but I'm pretty up there. So with that being said,

Soldar said:
First Person "Shooter" is the name of the game genre. In any first person shooter, you will find melee weapons or melee in general. Are you that redundant? Doom, for example, had a fucking chainsaw. So, research your shit before you decide to state that FPS are only gun games.

Unfortunately, we can't shoot lightning bolts out of our ass naturally and guns don't have unlimited ammo, so melee must be included if the carnage is to be kept up. Either that or a decent ammunition system. I've seen all sorts of manners of melee in various games, but very very few go out of their way to glamorize it unless it's a fighting game like Soul Caliber or Combat Arms. You generically use the melee weapon when you are out of ammo as a last resort to fight your way to another weapon. The addage goes "You use your fists to fight to the pistol, you use your pistol to get to the shotgun and you use your shotgun to get to the longgun." Only a fool relies on the lower end of the food chain.

Soldar said:
Are you that redundant?

...lets check the dictionary.

re⋅dun⋅dant   [ri-duhn-duhnt]
–adjective
1. characterized by verbosity or unnecessary repetition in expressing ideas; prolix: a redundant style.

In context with your sentence, I can only assume that you mean it as a compliment to my melee hating skills. I thank you for your noticing. As for researching my "shit" I've played almost every single top ranking game that's hit the charts since 97 unless it was on a console. In which I only managed a few on the PS2,Xbox and 360.

To summarize my post as a whole. I know my shit. I can PLAY my shit. and I don't give two shits about melee only.

Soldarius

Nexon has rating boards for everything. I believe there's a rating board for most times killed per battle. I don't see people trying purposefully to get to the top of that one.

Why would they? That's kind of a pointless paragraph. Waste of time and thought was put into that.

Yeah. Warfare evolved. There's a bloody REASON for that. I could give you a half a dozen battles off the top of my head where guys with sticks and swords did jack shit against a smaller troup with halfway decent firearms. There's a reason it's outdated.

They teach you everything to the army. Special Forces go through training on how to firewalk, you know, where a guy actually walks through a fucking fire? Yeah. It's part of psych training. Melee combat is also adviced to be kept as an absolute last resort and to an absolute MINIMUM as to avoid personal injury. It's something you're trained to avoid and trained to end as fast as it begins. Maybe you should do some research yourself.

Was I referring to people fighting melee against firearms? I don't believe I was. Outdated? I wouldn't think so. It's still being used and taught around the world. I've read and seen about the firewalk. Nothing new. Kept to an absolute last resort? So shooting someone is way better than trying to restrain them physically? Wow, what a way to keep the peace. I know a lot more than you like to assume about the art of combat, wither it be melee or guns.

As for I suck with it, well I never buy any melee gear except for when they come out with new stuff, so my percentages are schewed [I used the shovel when it was really buggy, making it my worst percentage weapon in my inventory.] However, going off of total shots fired, my knife accuracy is not much less than the normal accuracy of my rifle.

I have a 2.37 KD and slowly rising with every time I play. I can use every weapon in the game with pretty decent efficency. Infact, I would feel safe in saying I'm the only person who CAN'T be bias, as I'm about as good as you get all around. Yeah, there's people better than me, but I'm pretty up there. So with that being said,

Basing my knowledge from your stats. Why did you compare your gun to your melee? Why would you even mention your melee if you gave a two shits about it? Good all around? Hardly say that, maybe in guns. Melee, I'd say far from it. 2.37 KD? So, is that suppose to impress me? How do I not know that most or half those games weren't filled with guys who can't play the game?

Unfortunately, we can't shoot lightning bolts out of our ass naturally and guns don't have unlimited ammo, so melee must be included if the carnage is to be kept up. Either that or a decent ammunition system. I've seen all sorts of manners of melee in various games, but very very few go out of their way to glamorize it unless it's a fighting game like Soul Caliber or Combat Arms. You generically use the melee weapon when you are out of ammo as a last resort to fight your way to another weapon. The addage goes "You use your fists to fight to the pistol, you use your pistol to get to the shotgun and you use your shotgun to get to the longgun." Only a fool relies on the lower end of the food chain.

Hrmm. Melee had to come from somewhere if it weren't already in it. The extra weapons in melee had to come from a voice. What voice would that be? The players! That's right. All those people speaking up, "I want different weapons in melee, something funny, something like this and that." You may not like melee sir, but there's more than just you out there. You don't speak for everyone when you put your hat into the ring. Just because you don't like the mode, doesn't mean you have to play it. It's there for those who do want it, for those who do want to play it. Take the stick, or should I say rifle, that's been shoved ever so firmly up your ass out. A fool relies on the lower end of the food chain? Every man and creature has their flaws. Those higher on the food chain can come down just as quick as the ones on the lower end.

...lets check the dictionary.

re⋅dun⋅dant   [ri-duhn-duhnt]
–adjective
1. characterized by verbosity or unnecessary repetition in expressing ideas; prolix: a redundant style.

In context with your sentence, I can only assume that you mean it as a compliment to my melee hating skills. I thank you for your noticing. As for researching my "shit" I've played almost every single top ranking game that's hit the charts since 97 unless it was on a console. In which I only managed a few on the PS2,Xbox and 360.

To summarize my post as a whole. I know my shit. I can PLAY my shit. and I don't give two shits about melee only.

Compliment on melee hating skills? You have those? I hadn't noticed. For someone who was saying that "First Person SHOOTER" or "Take your blades elsewhere, this is a gun fight." Since 97? *Applauds with tear in eye* I'm so happy for your accomplishment, would you like a cookie? A card? A cake? If that the case, you should have known it was a genre. Evidently, you don't know your shit.

My closing statement. Who gives a fuck if you don't like melee. Don't play it, end of story. Leave it for those who do and that enjoy it, along side with guns.

P.S.
Do you watch UFC? If so, you do care about melee.

Soldarius

Try DoD/S, CS:S, Halo, PVK II, virtually every other FPS other than CA. Combat Arms has the worst implementation of meleeing out of any FPS i've ever played

DoD/S.. Doesn't impress me.

CS:S.. I may actually look into but I'll still play Combat Arms.

Halo??? Uh. Melee in halo is butting with your gun or an energy sword. I want more than that.

PVKII.. Looks a little cheesy, but I'll give anything a try.

As for having the worst? You're kidding right? That's your opinion. I can't agree with it because I have my own.

Miran_Eitan

I said it was in that genre in the first place. You're trying to put words in my mouth. You said that combat arms was an arcade shooter. I corrected you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_Arms_(video_game)

I can underline it for you if you want.

As for my KD, not much I can say about it. Want me to record a montage? Not much past that I could do. I never really felt the need. Since Emnesty did it every noob drops one out with his best kills edited in. I included a bit of my so called "skill" in game to build credibility. it's one of those small things you do in building an argument.

Going back to the real combat arms, for a majority of non-lethal take downs, there's a variety of non lethal weapons for them to fall back on. Nearly all of them involve a firearm that can be converted one way or another. Beanbag shotties for example. if you're trying to take a suspect, you don't chase after him arms flailing with your karate skills or run after him beating him with a tonfa. A taser, beanbags, pepper spray...hell they even use paintball guns in riot control, loaded with pepper spray and other pain in the ass formulas. if you watch the older cops [the TV show] and the more modern one, you'll notice a majority of the takedowns went from the guys having to tackle and wrestle the guy to the ground, to them tazing the perp and cuffing him while he twitches on the ground.

I built my stage of credibility, hence my comments on how long I've played and my skill level. You have nothing to stand on other than you seem to think that melee is the answer to everything. If you want to come up with personal insults, I'll be more than happy to degrade to that, but I enjoy well structured arguments personally.

And finally, no. I don't watch UFC except on rare occasions. It's like glorified boxing.

You never did really give any clue to what you meant by redundant. You shouldn't use big words if you don't know what they mean.

Soldarius

I said it was in that genre in the first place. You're trying to put words in my mouth. You said that combat arms was an arcade shooter. I corrected you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_Arms_(video_game)

I can underline it for you if you want.

As for my KD, not much I can say about it. Want me to record a montage? Not much past that I could do. I never really felt the need. Since Emnesty did it every noob drops one out with his best kills edited in. I included a bit of my so called "skill" in game to build credibility. it's one of those small things you do in building an argument.

Going back to the real combat arms, for a majority of non-lethal take downs, there's a variety of non lethal weapons for them to fall back on. Nearly all of them involve a firearm that can be converted one way or another. Beanbag shotties for example. if you're trying to take a suspect, you don't chase after him arms flailing with your karate skills or run after him beating him with a tonfa. A taser, beanbags, pepper spray...hell they even use paintball guns in riot control, loaded with pepper spray and other pain in the ass formulas. if you watch the older cops [the TV show] and the more modern one, you'll notice a majority of the takedowns went from the guys having to tackle and wrestle the guy to the ground, to them tazing the perp and cuffing him while he twitches on the ground.

I built my stage of credibility, hence my comments on how long I've played and my skill level. You have nothing to stand on other than you seem to think that melee is the answer to everything. If you want to come up with personal insults, I'll be more than happy to degrade to that, but I enjoy well structured arguments personally.

And finally, no. I don't watch UFC except on rare occasions. It's like glorified boxing.

You never did really give any clue to what you meant by redundant. You shouldn't use big words if you don't know what they mean.

Where in your statement, did you even say it was a genre? I never seen until you posted in that one. Hrmm? You pay absolutely no attention to your old posts. redundant? Considering from when I posted about melee before I believe you were there again to down on melee. So yes, you did have a repetitive style.

Tazing, beanbag guns? You still don't think those kind of weapons can cause severe damage or death to a person? You sir, are putting words into my mouth as well. Considering it seems like the only thing you're doing is "Hey, he's trying to be smart over internet. I think I'll go look up some things and then try to make me seem so much cooler by typing things I've searched on the web. I have a 4.0 GPA in bullshiting."

Melee isn't the answer to everything. You don't pay any attention but only blinded by your own ignorance in thinking, "I have to be right. I have to make this guy look bad on the internet with my super intellectual powers because I'm Mr. Internet Tough guy."

I said it was an Arcade shooter? *looks back in posts* I don't see that anywhere. Jeezus brother, clean that jizz off your eyelids. You might be able to read a lot better. You don't really use that so called brain of yours before you decide to type. I could use personal insults, but considering I don't know you and I'd have to guesstimate. You'd just be an easy target. One more thing, "I like well structured arguments on the internet because it makes me look good on my next job app."

I could underline half the shit you made up that you thought I said.
Miran_Eitan said:
First person SHOOTER.

Tough luck.

Now the quote from my post.
Soldarius said:

Don't see arcade shooter in there anywhere? Damn you're wrong.

Miran_Eitan said:

This is just random gibberish. Never really corrected anyone on anything. Again, you fail.
Miran_Eitan said:

You must be living in your own fantasy world where everyone in your dream world thinks your right or you're looking through rose colored glasses. Because I don't see anywhere you corrected me on anything when half the shit you try to bring up is already known. You just do it to make yourself or try to tell yourself. 'I'm deh winer!" You don't need to look anything up on the internet if you know what you're talking about.

Miran_Eitan said:
I've played almost every single top ranking game that's hit the charts since 97 unless it was on a console.

Doom was out before 97. And you think of yourself as a gamer? Only playing things on the computer? Your knowledge of games just now diminished. You have no gamer cred. Thank you and good night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's see. I'm 24 years old. Been playing games since I was a wee little sprat. I believe I know my games better some guy who has only been playing since 97' and rarely on a console.. Loved all the classics.. Wolfenstein, doom, duke nukem, could name a few more.

Werbung:

Soldarius

back on subject.....no1 is stopping u from using mellee in a clan war.....

Oh yes, they are. Not everyone in clan war is looking to knife fight but those who actually want too. I've been in Clan wars where some of the other clans would do it but half their team wouldn't.

Unlike Miran wants to pay attention too. I have stated about everything else other than just melee. Melee is my goal but also having the other options in clan war would be nice rather than just one.