net_graph 3 question

Fiero

ok quick queston. On my net_graph 3 where the ms thingy is right beside the fps. what is that? I usually have 1 - 3 there and then it disapears and comes back throught the game. occasionally jumpes to 8 or 10 then back to 1 then disapears. just wandering wtf.

learn sumthing new everyday...

Werbung:

blze

ms, you want to lower your cl_cmdrate until it goes away. but you want it as high as you can get it (your cmdrate).

start with like 22 or so and werk your way down.

Puppet

Double post. Here is a doc I've had around that explains netgraph pretty good. It doesn't explain MS that great, but the graph itself is pretty good.

RaNcid

The client believes that it has a 78 millisecond round trip message time to the server (this is a latency reading, rather than a pure ping, since it includes processing overhead on both ends).

LINK

mom

yea

this is the main reason i dont really play source that often. my ms is usally around 70-140... its a pain and ive tried to mess with it but its no use :cry:
so i play cz cause my ms n stuff on their is just fine.

Casualty

source is a cutting edge game that uses massive amounts of resources. having a higher MS reading on yoru net_graph is normal in source because servers cant handle the game as well as cz. think of it like the old days(rofl). remember when you played cs over a dial-up? yea, me too. it will improve as technology improves, but its not a bad thing becuase it is universal, not the problem of a single person

mom

??

well to be honest yesterday i fiddled with the cl_updaterate and cl_cmdrate and now my ms doesnt shoot over 10 and i have no choke or anything... but my updaterate is like 9 and my cmd is like 17... does anyone know what this does to my accuracy?? thanx in advance

Intro

Ooh, I have a net_graph question.

What's the default net_graphwidth number?

Can someone who hasn't fucked with it check in console and let me know?

CuRRyINaHuRRy

Yea, me and myth were talking about this too with source. I think I finally got it down. I'm using same settings with CZ and CS:S and for CZ I get 0 loss/choke and 0 ms, but with source I get 0 loss/choke but 20-30 ms. I can live with that. :p

Werbung:

mom

??

the funny thing is though when i had the ms at like 70 and my choke n stuff my shots were more accurate... now it seems my shots dont register at all.... any help ?