Public Speaking

james1654

Erm, ill get straight to teh point.

I am absoloutly 100% confident infront of any amount of people. Im the class joker, and I am a legend at my school ( In year 3 at my primary school, I on purpous caused a huge flood in the boys bathrooms, flooding a huge section of the coridor with about 3 inches of water. i got away with it, but all the school found out and the story spread with the older students to my secondary school where all found out there too. Being a legend is cool, you get loads of people talking to you. some year 11s call me ploders after the Huge terd that people photo'd when it was floating down the coridor. The thought will still make dozens of people crack up now, 6 years later. The terd was also known as the following names: The dreadnought , The apocolipse, Continental drift, the one sh.it to rule them all.

I also am well known for burning down 3 acres of the local forest, causing 13 fire engines, 3 policecars and a helecoptor (as well as 2 ambulances just incase - allthough no one was hurt) to come to the screne (this was at age of 11) . For this I got other nicknames: denis the menis, The lepricorn, satan, pyro-boy , Fire starter. Luckily, I am a master of not getting caught.

I could talk infront of thousands of people and be confident if I wanted. I find it easy. Btw, I was diferent when i burned down the forest (god save the trees! - lol) , so you can hardly blame me.

Werbung:
Ha, James, it's ironic that your first sentence says straight to the point but most of it is off point.
I'm not known around school though many people know my name (mainly because it's so bizzare [Because I'm German]) If you talk to me a lot though I talk a lot back, I just don't talk well infront of people.

refl3ction

In that case, it will depend a bit on what kind of... uh... "kids" they are. I don't think I can keep lil' kids interested for a long time. Lil' kids as in, 6 - 12 years old.
[/b]

"kids" in my class about 14-15 years old

Fladian

I talk too much, especially if there is a crowd listening[/b]
When people meet me on the forum, some tend to think I act completely the same way offline as well, which isn't completely true. Until you get me started with something - or I butt myself in somewhere - I can remain pretty quiet in general.

Those who don't know me well enough often regret it when they loosen me up. Because when that happens, I can easily talk for a few hours straight. I drink far too little than I should (a human being is supposed to drink 2 liters, I drink about three - four glasses on an average spring day, less during the winter, more in the summer) so I don't really need any breaks. :p
This only happens when I feel completely comfortable with my surroundings or the person I am talking to. I tried to make this something permanent, instead of constantly adjusting to my surroundings, which is something I am slowly learning, as it is related to my incosistent personality. Getting me drunk only increases the speed of adjusting me to the surroundings, not really affecting my personality. I don't start doing strange stuff. :p

In fact, im the "enemy of the shy people", a classmate of my said that to me once. Why? I hate to see people with shame of speakingand releasing themselves, so i actually put them in a situation they are obliged to do it.[/b]
If possible, I'd ask you to come and start... whatever you do to a few (old)classmates of mine. :p Though I would do it myself for those I met recently, there are some that know me too well now...

Being a legend is cool, you get loads of people talking to you.
[/b]
I don't agree. When everyone knew me back in the time I was the most popular kid around, I was more unhappy than anything else. The attention is great to have for an amount of time, but when the attention doesn't cool down after a month of time but only increases, it starts to get quite annoying.

Ha, James, it's ironic that your first sentence says straight to the point but most of it is off point.[/b]
Indeed, as he never came to the point. :p

I'm not known around school though many people know my name (mainly because it's so bizzare [Because I'm German]) If you talk to me a lot though I talk a lot back, I just don't talk well infront of people.
[/b]
People don't know my name nowadays... even if they did, they wouldn't use it. I was quite surprised when a classmate of mine started to shout my name. My first reaction was therefore: "Since when did you start calling me that?" But then again, who is there to teach my name to the people who meet me? I introduce myself with 'Ed', teachers call me that and... well, those who do not use 'Ed', usually just avoid using a name in general. Yet I still remain with the question why my ex-boss called me 'Patrick' as there is no letter in that name that is similar to my real name. :p

Equal trade, I guess. When people talk to me a lot, I talk back just as well... though, I must admit it depends a bit on how it is. Only a few weeks ago, a certain guy came up and talked to me. It's not like we didn't know each other, we were old school mates from our last school. We were both friends of another friend, so we met each other. I was happy when I graduated and didn't have to see him anymore... I guess I was wrong.
Not only did he talk for 15 minutes non-stop on a subject I could care less about, he also completely messed up my only-morning talk with someone I walk to school with. Though I guess the looks on both our faces (when we walked with that guy, and he kept talking) is something we won't forget easily. If our faces could be read, we would've said: "Shut up!" Darn... he was annoying.
Therefore, he may "talk a lot" but he won't get much an answer of me. Out of respect I didn't want to say "get away from me/us," after all, it has been more than a year since we saw each other. ("I shouted your name several times before... but I guess you never heard me.") On the other hand, when you'd throw me in front of someone who is already quite spontaneous, but not as annoying as the one I just described, I'll reply just as much and friendly as the conversation fares.

Refl3ction 14 - 15 years is a bit too young for my lik... err...

Raiju

Those who don't know me well enough often regret it when they loosen me up. Because when that happens, I can easily talk for a few hours straight.[/b]

jajajajajja

Im trying to picture you doing that, if the 0,001% of chance that we met in real life happens, im gonna loose you up, in a way im sure you would not like it :yay:

People don't know my name nowadays... even if they did, they wouldn't use it. I was quite surprised when a classmate of mine started to shout my name. My first reaction was therefore: "Since when did you start calling me that?" But then again, who is there to teach my name to the people who meet me? I introduce myself with 'Ed', teachers call me that and... well, those who do not use 'Ed', usually just avoid using a name in general. Yet I still remain with the question why my ex-boss called me 'Patrick' as there is no letter in that name that is similar to my real name. :p[/b]

Ok, i (and a few others) already asked you this a couple o'times. What is your name?! Why the he.l.l you keep teasing us saying that everyone call you Ed but that doesnt have anything to do with your name, this annoys and is getting me too much curious for a trivial matter

Ok, i (and a few others) already asked you this a couple o'times. What is your name?! Why the he.l.l you keep teasing us saying that everyone call you Ed but that doesnt have anything to do with your name, this annoys and is getting me too much curious for a trivial matter
[/b]
Raju, umm, well why do you care about Fladian's name? No one asked for my name! (or anyone elses) :p

Benx_X

lol i could never be a good public speaker, i pretty much feel nervous when ive only been told im going up to speak to alot of people ><

Raiju

Raju, umm, well why do you care about Fladian's name? No one asked for my name! (or anyone elses) :p
[/b]

thats because you dont tease people's curiosity xD

PS: you see his new "Quote of the Day"?

james1654

Those who don't know me well enough often regret it when they loosen me up. Because when that happens, I can easily talk for a few hours straight. I drink far too little than I should (a human being is supposed to drink 2 liters, I drink about three - four glasses on an average spring day, less during the winter, more in the summer) so I don't really need any breaks. :p
[/b]

Whoa, thats so like me :p I often only drink about 1/2 litres to 1 litre in a 12 hour time from 7:00am - 7:00pm On a school day. When I come in I go straight to my room and sometimes "hybernate" for a bit. Where I have dehydrated myself, it makes me dreary and i get stuck in a daydream somehow a cross between reality and dream. Some days I might drink 1 glass or maybe even one cup of drink for an entire day if im at home all day. Its weird, and makes time go very fast and the last 3 months seems like 3 weeks. I'm not sure if it's dangerous or not, especially ther bit where I just come in and colapse on my bed then allow myself to get stuck in a trance for hours. It makes the time 4:00 to 7:00 go extremely fast, and sometimes I blink my eyes and without myself knowing, I have slept for as long as 5 hours and then once ive blinked, everything changes, and its dark, im in diferent position, sometimes fallen off my bed (one time the top half of my body was dangerously hanging upside down from the bed and I almost fainted from the blood in my head - this really scared me and I wondered wether I should stop doing it for good, I thought that if id have fainted it might've killed me and allthough i've had my fair share of atempted suicides, that was when I had gotten angry and changed somehow each time, but the fact that that happened when I was not changed somehow - allthough i was half dreaming - that made me scared that I could've died) . For some reason, my body acts the same when i'm dehydrated as when i've been anesthatised.

I intend to keep doing this as I want to grow up quick and the time is going so fast at the moment. Brb, the time is 9:00 so I can look forward to getting a refreshing drink now.

Ok, guys, im back, anyway, fladian, thank you very much for helping me with that technical problem I had, without your help, i'd have been perminantly unable to access the site - I apreciate it loads.

Anyway, as for the legend thing, I enjoy attention, but diferent people take it diferent ways. There is an even more well known boy in my year, and he can attract a crowd of 50+ people in a couple of minuits (allthough i spose a good loocking girl also can :) , eh flad? ) . But to be able to do that without flashing and without authority is quite impresive.

I might go and have a nice freindly chat within the forums now :) how nice. Hmmmmmm, refreshing liquid . . .

Fladian

James, I'm personally not familiar in being in such as a state, though can't say I heard it for the first time someone explained something like me. But besides hearing about it, I know very little about it, if I know anything at all. I guess my knowledge of that drops after it passes common sense.
As for me drinking not much, that's not really a surprise. I'm quite an underweight, you see. Because I can be quite lazy from time to time, I don't always eat properly, which also involves me drinking quite little. Less food, less drinks necessary. Quite simple, actually.

Ok, guys, im back, anyway, fladian, thank you very much for helping me with that technical problem I had, without your help, i'd have been perminantly unable to access the site - I apreciate it loads.[/b]
You're welcome. Besides posting and moderating, it's also part of my duties here.

Anyway, as for the legend thing, I enjoy attention, but diferent people take it diferent ways. There is an even more well known boy in my year, and he can attract a crowd of 50+ people in a couple of minuits [/b]
I don't know of anyone who can attract a crowd of at least 50+ people in a couple of minutes, and considering the situation I am in now, it will not be likely that I'll meet someone like that on a school either, as a student.
Though I can't say that I didn't hear of such before. As a matter of fact, only a short time ago I heard on the radio that the DJ decided to visit a school for no particular reason. But even though he isn't much older than those students of that school, I guess it isn't really fair if I would add him to the list of people who can attract a crowd in a short time. :p

I do remember something that did involve the entire school though. It's the only memory I despise from that school. Though it wasn't as easily visible during my freshman, sophomore or junior years, it became quite clear in my senior years. There were at the very least, two big group of people at the school and they sticked together. Though a bit unexpected for some who know me for a longer time, but I belonged to one of those group while being quite unaware of the other group. Among the group I was, there were a few 'Gothic's.' But don't get me wrong, I don't judge people only on their looks. They were friends - and still are - and I hanged out with them.
One of those guys of the group I was, was also quite an influental guy on the school. Teachers hated him for good reasons and they wouldn't mind if something happened with him. His looks didn't help the fact for people to choose a side. During mine, and his final year, the inevitable happened. He got into a fight with someone of that "other group." I am not completely sure how it started, but I can easily guess it when I saw how 'defensive' the other guy acted. It took only a few minutes until the entire school was assembled and people started to take sides. It was a situation that got out of control.
Luckily, the situation ended quite peacefully though. It would get quite nasty if it ended up in violence. As a result, that friend of mine was kicked from school. Only a week or two before we could start on our final exams. It is likely that my judgement is clouded, but I do not believe it was the right decision to kick him from school, or anyone for that matter.
But if any of those people decided to do something hostile to each other, a crowd would quickly assemble around one single person. Though it is a different kind of crowd than you mentioned, James.

(allthough i spose a good loocking girl also can :) , eh flad? ).[/b]
Um... yes, I guess. But why ask me? I'm male, but I don't fall for the "good looking" or the 'popular' girls.

thats because you dont tease people's curiosity xD

PS: you see his new "Quote of the Day"?
[/b]
I love to do so, Raiju. :p But don't worry, I'll answer all questions about me some time soon.

As for my quote of the day... well, it's only for a day. :p Tomorrow there's supposed to be a new one.

Werbung:

Fladian

Heh, nice to see the interest in my quote of the day all of a sudden, but I am not just adding stuff in it that is either "funny" or "incredible stupid" as often I've quoted a lot of my classmates, but that's only because I was in a week full with exams and a lot was at stake, therefore me also being quite inactive on the forum.