Public Speaking

Raiju

No, it's someone else, unfortunately. But because I don't have a chance with her, it's best that I forget her as fast as possible. Don't take it wrong, it's not like I don't love my "girlfriend," though it are mostly her words than mine.
[/b]

I thought it so, just dont wanted to offend you somehow...You see, you're either in the wrong way or you are being lazy in the right one

Depends on the point-of-view

Werbung:

Fladian

The point of view is very simple in this case, Raiju. It's not the case of me being lazy, because there is very little I can do. I could go into details, but I don't think anyone is interested in hearing that part of my love-life. Therefore, unfortunately, there is nothing I can do.

The girl I am with now has many reasons behind it. No matter how you want to look at it, the possibility that it will be seen in the "wrong way" is very possible. I am very hesitating if I made the right decision at this very moment as well.

Though it is hard to give a normal explanation about it without knowing the entire story; something I am not interested in posting in public.

Raiju

Actually you could get another interpretation of this but, since you didnt catch the drift i dont want to go back and...

The girl I am with now has many reasons behind it. No matter how you want to look at it, the possibility that it will be seen in the "wrong way" is very possible. I am very hesitating if I made the right decision at this very moment as well.[/b]

I dont know if this may help since we got sort of antagonic ways of leading with our relationships but, if I were You, i could either dump the girlfriend and dive deeply into this girl you "like", if she is worthy the effort (probably you got billions of reasons to not do this, but i dont really care about her feelings so, its a if I were You) or, stay with both as long as i could, and then lead my life. Either ways, imo, there are always more women in the world ^^

But seriously, if I were like i suppose You are, i would dump this obstacle and go for my passions.

Fladian

I dont know if this may help since we got sort of antagonic ways of leading with our relationships but, if I were You, i could either dump the girlfriend and dive deeply into this girl you "like", [/b]
Logical as it may sound what you say, Raiju, this is just something I cannot do. This has nothing to do with my own personal feelings, but there is more than one reason that we are together besides that we actually care for each other.
Dumping her is breaking what I tried to build up.

if she is worthy the effort (probably you got billions of reasons to not do this, but i dont really care about her feelings so, its a if I were You) [/b]
Well, in case of the one I am together with now, that's purely her feelings. If I would say that I didn't care about that, I wouldn't even have contact with her. Unstable as she is at this moment, there is nothing I should do to get it worse. If that involves me being with her, then it is a price I am willing to pay.

About the other girl, well, I expected my chances to be over since a couple of days ago. After taking her to dinner a little while ago, everything went great. Well, I was a bit more quiet than usual, but that didn't surprise me. Everything went well until an other guy showed up. Now, normally I wouldn't mind this too much, but this time I do. You see, I know him - he was a classmate - and earlier in the school year, we both mentioned to each other that we had an eye on the same girl, despite us never being friends. We'd probably regret saying that to each other as we both immediately tried to talk negative about each other when among the girl.
Because I had to leave early that day, I had to leave the two of them alone. In my point of view, my chances were over. "All cards were played," is a nice phrase to use. The only card he had left would get rid of me and I saw no reason why he wouldn't use it.
Yesterday, I spoke to the same girl again. Without even asking her anything, she already said that he was just being plain annoying. ("So everything he said was pure nonsense?") Instead of getting me out of the picture, I think he just erased himself. I wouldn't hesitate to say that he actually tried to get rid of me during that day, but considering what he said while I was around, it's unlikely that she believed a thing she said.
Saying that I shouldn't care about her feelings is something easier said than done. Even for those who call them selves "players," as the other guy I was referring to is someone you could call that. I'm the complete opposite of such a person.

or, stay with both as long as i could, and then lead my life. Either ways, imo, there are always more women in the world ^^[/b]
Staying together with them is eventually not an option. It was not my choice to have more feelings for the other girl. Besides, I know where I stand and I know what I can do. It's just unfortunate that all of them are so slim.

But seriously, if I were like i suppose You are, i would dump this obstacle and go for my passions.
[/b]
Even you would likely not "dump this obstacle." That is something I can guarantee you. Especially "if you were me." :p

Raiju

but there is more than one reason that we are together besides that we actually care for each other.[/b]

Unstable as she is at this moment, there is nothing I should do to get it worse. If that involves me being with her, then it is a price I am willing to pay.[/b]

Do you owe her something? Not talking about money, something moral, do you?
Also, does this involves her "unstability"?

I know where I stand and I know what I can do. It's just unfortunate that all of them are so slim[/b]

Seems youre in a "roof of glass" mate, and you dont want it to break beneath your feet. Simply and reckless as it may sound to you, I would prefer to scratch myself and break some bones in the fall, rather than stay unwillingly on it.

Even you would likely not "dump this obstacle." That is something I can guarantee you. Especially "if you were me." :p[/b]

Áya, tell me, is she dam.n pretty? ^^

Fladian

[starts talking to himself]I typed this post before I went to work today... but decided not to post it and deleted it instead. I'm starting to hesitate posting stuff... not good Fladian. Bad boy.[stops talking to himself]
Do you owe her something? Not talking about money, something moral, do you?[/b]
Hmm... as far as I know, I don't owe her anything. Though I did make two promises to her, one that is known by someone else as well, and the other is only known by her. Those are the following promises: "Whatever happens, I'll support you in every way possible," and "I won't change and I'll always be there for you when you need me." Though somewhat similar to each other, they both have something else in it that gives them a completely different meaning.
I haven't broken a promise since I was 18 and am planning to keep it that way. No matter how hard (able to leave things behind just to ensure safety) or strange (holding a speech upon graduating) those promises may be.

Also, does this involves her "unstability"?[/b]
The promises I made to her and a friend are indeed related to her unstability, but this involves something else as well. Something that no one has influence on, considering that we never discovered what the cause of it was.
I made that first promise because of her instability. The second promise was made a short time ago, when she was getting into fights with someone she is supposed to trust the most.

Raiju, you're the type of guy who should know someone - or am - who crops up all his problems and just "smiles over it." I'm such a type of person, though I know it's a bad thing. Considering that I also collect stress, it's a strange combination. But mostly because of that, I need someone that I can talk to... talk about everything that is bothering me.
Despite that I trust my real friends more than anything else, I don't dare to go to some of them because... well, anything could happen, I guess. I have no real reason for not doing so. Therefore, when something is bothering me, I step to a forgein friend of mine. His personality matches mine nearly completely, despite that our appearance is completely the opposite of each other (no joke). He is like me, also a logical thinker and we usually come to the same conclusion when thinking about something. Knowing that it is likely that we'll never meet, it is a good way to trust him.
What he is for me, am I for her. When something is bothering her, she immediately comes to me. This was not my decision, though I would suggest it if necessary. That is how the second promise came to exist.

Seems youre in a "roof of glass" mate, and you dont want it to break beneath your feet. Simply and reckless as it may sound to you, I would prefer to scratch myself and break some bones in the fall, rather than stay unwillingly on it.[/b]
Not really, unfortunately. I wish it was as easy to do something as you mentioned. Just to "scratch myself and break some bones" in order to change the situation.

I know that I am together with that specific girl but both she and I know that my feelings are bigger and more passionate to someone else. I could lie to myself and her that that isn't the case, but such lies never last long (enough) in such a situation.
There is very little I can do with the girl I have more feelings for though. We're friends and nothing more. That she is aware that I like her is something I can say with much confidence. I've done some stuff someone who would just want to be friends usually wouldn't do. ("Go home already! How often has your bus come by now? Eleven, twelve times?", "I'm not leaving you here alone.") Despite that I do all that kind of stuff, she apparently doesn't find it unpleasant to be around me as she never really mentioned anything negative about it. Considering my experience in those kind of stuff, I tend to notice such things quite fast. I tend to talk with double side words after all. But despite all that, I never made an actual move on her. But that's just my kind of personality; too indirect.

It was never my intention to fall for that girl in the first place.

Áya, tell me, is she dam.n pretty? ^^
[/b]
She definitely is, in my opinion. But what else do you expect to hear from the guy who fell for her? :p
("I've seen you with a different hair-cut before. You weren't satisfied back then... you aren't now either, are you?", "well, it'll grow back on.")

Fladian

Old thread, I know, but it is something I promised.

I... mentioned earlier in this thread that I was planning of keeping a 'speech' if I would graduate. I promised that to one friend of mine, but despite him not graduating this year, I was kept to my promise. The date I was supposed to do it was on my 'graduation;' and I did. I keep myself to promises...

I just came home from it, and am still a bit trembling of what I did, but I actually did it. I have a vague memory of what I said - there was only one single thing I wanted to make clear: Of the 24 people in my class, only 10 people made it, all others have to redo the year - but that is of no longer concern.

I think I need a couple of hours to regain my senses...

EDIT: And on the previous subject for Raiju: 'Yes, I'm still with her.'

Moagrim

Good to hear that you did it. Well done :D .

Being nervous is a good thing too as they said on X-men ( I think) :p

" You get the courage after you've done something that your nervous about not before"

Could you do another speech easier now that you've done it once?

Fladian

Probably; I enjoyed it quite much to do it, but I was nervous because I didn't really prepare myself, which I should do after all. My improvisation didn't really work much, considering that there wasn't too much to say, and falling off-topic was not really an option. So I couldn't just ramble...

I can't believe I actually did it though. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks that either, because most classmates came to me afterwards saying: "Wow, I can't believe you actually did it," or anything similar.

Moagrim

What did you talk about, then? :p I probably would have just trailed off Ican talk about certain things that I like for ages, but can't talk bout things that don't hold my interest (let alone other peoples :) ).

And for the record :

Wow, can't believe you did it :p

Fladian

What I did talk about? I tried to say something about my classmates. If I recall:
"Like Mr. v. Valburg (my homeroom teacher) already said, everyone seems to be bad with calculations... I'm no exception. There were exceptions, however, when you look at the grades of some people. As I recall, Erik, for one, scored several perfect scores and completed the year with ease. Bram and Onno didn't really had too much trouble with it... I'm not sure about Daphne; I didn't see her enough. She had way too much free time."
And...
"I am SO going to regret this... but I would like to inform you people about the people that are here. Like Mr. Valburg already mentioned, 10 people of DAE-2A2 graduated this year. That is quite a low number, seeing that our class existed out of 24 people. Meaning that 14 people failed, and the most remarkable is that they all failed for the same class. However, I am one of the few people who managed to get through this year, thanks to some remake exams... I'm one of the only ones, as I recall.
*sees someone lifting her hand*
Oh yeah, and Sandra."

After about five minutes, I ran out of subjects and started looking around, trying to find something to talk about. The audience wasn't very patient however, and therefore that it ended faster than I hoped for. I regret not being able to mention Nina (a classmate) or Bram's next study course. I really wanted to say something like: "With all due respect, I hope I'll never have to meet Bram again... after all, if it meant meeting him again, then I would be in trouble. You see, he's going to the police."

Werbung:

Fladian

All three of them, Raiju. Give me at least one week, and I'll post a few pictures of my speech, 'kay?

They laughed at my jokes, they shouted at the teachers when I insulted them and they gave an applause at the end. It was a big success, except the fact that I forgot a few important things.