terrain on my latest project (not finished)

Squishy-1

so i am making a AoS (yes i know everything i attempt to make is an aos but i hope this will be more successful) where the battle field is in a valley (canyon whatever) and the map is pretty close to symmetrical so ill only take screen shots of half of it. pay no attention to the flat lands they soon too will be filled.
mip1.jpg
a picture of the base layout
mip2.jpg
heres the middle of the valley

Werbung:

Fladian

Instead of posting it in the Editor, try to do it in the game. If you don't want to do that, at least show it better. It just doesn't look good with the editor around it. :p

It looks quite... uh... boring to me. But then again, I don't play AoS'.

Fladian

Well, he said that he'd fill it up some more, so I am guessing he meant doodads with that too. =)
But still, yeah, different kind of cliffs would certainly look better.

I am personally someone who likes to increase the size of trees (but then again, I use 8 times the size of buildings :p), but that's a personal thing.

Squishy-1

yeah the terrain isnt even a 4th done yet i just got kinda bored so i put it up there, im thinking about covering the sky in demon storm as well and what u mean by dont use blizzards cliffs? do u mean like dl a tileset or something? and is there a way to make cliffs more than 2 spaces tall without adding to the base?

Fudgie

It looks okay for a base, but just too empty. Like Arkidas said, add a lot more doodads. It'll probably make it look much better. As for the cliffs, some of them are just completely straight lines with few or no changes in them. So, I'd suggest messin around with them, but thats just me. :D

Squishy-1

well remember i still have to place more buildings and what not, so far i havent figured out what the race differences are going to be maybe elf and human

Undead_Lives

If you ARE intent on using blizz cliffs, you can make it so they don't look so bland by using increase 1 in random areas, and then decrease 1 in random areas again. It makes it look a LOT better; my map has done that if you want an example.

Undead_Lives

Um....
Not using blizzard cliffs, you'd need to use raise (the ones in the bottom of the terrain toolbar, beside Noise) and fill it with doodads to prevent units from walking along them, unless you wanted that to happen.

Squishy-1

On topic: oh i get it lol yeah i never thought about that but i kinda wanted it to look like a valley/canyon thing
Off topic: Is it just me or has wc3anvil became urs fladians and ark's playground?

Fladian

Actually, canyons made by not using Blizzard cliffs look a lot better.

Off-topic: Not really, Squishy. Those who posted the most in a short amount of time earlier has stopped, more or less. The amount of posts has decreased heavily.

Werbung: