TV guide channel for wii

shelton2211

Following Satoru Iwata's previous announcement on a new online gift-giving function on the Wii comes another Wii Channel. In a conference in Japan the other day, Nintendo announced a new Wii Channel for their latest home entertainment console. Temporarily nicknamed "The TV Program Schedule Channel" (or at least, as our Google translation says), it will allow users to search for TV shows and check its airtime on the local TV networks.

The new feature is scheduled to be released Spring of next year and provided by G-Guide, but aside from this, no other details have been given. Others are hoping that this will eventually lead to some IPTV video recording functionality, but the question is whether the Wii system itself could support the feature.

You can probably think of it as a channel surfing... err, channel. We're guessing it'd work something like the News and Forecast Channel, feeding off of information via WiiConnect24 - but, of course, we could be wrong. Nevertheless the basic function is there: if you're curious when the next episode of Pushing Daisies is coming out, check the schedule on your Nintendo Wii

Source: http://www.qj.net/New-Wii-Channel-announced-TV-Program-Guide-Channel/pg/49/aid/106225

Werbung:

beano

Waste of time. If you have Sky, Virgin or Freeview you've got a TV Guide built in. If you don't, chances are you have teletext!

What's the point in having a TV guide on something which doesn't let you watch TV? Now if they brought out a USB DVB-T adaptor for it as well (to let you watch Freeview on your Wii) that would be a development!!

Gdog

Ya, I agree with frasse2000 and beano. This is sort of a waste, especially if you have the internet on your Wii.

Liamdc2

To be honest I think that from the vein of the last few posts that, along with wii forecast and news are both pretty much a waste of time.

Who wouldnt rather use bbc, sky or tinternet for this sort of information... e.g. everyone who has access will have a broadband connection --> meaning they have a computer to get this kind of stuff...

Is wii internet any good? i.e. useable?

LinkHylian

Whats the point.you can easily get a TV guide off the web browser.I wouldn't mind a TV channel or a Freeview channel though.being able to watch TV on your Wii would be so cool.but a TV guide channel would just be a waste of money.

Phillysoul11

i think nintendo should focus their time into making better products not crappy things like this and everybody votes channel...I DONT NEED A TV GUIDE! lol

Theherolink_1

What's the point really? if you are browsing the net whit your TV you can esaily watch the TV guide on you own TV!XD! this is so goddamn stupid!XD

Jesusdragon737

having a TV guide channel is rediculous. If I want a TV guide, I'm going to go on the channel's website to get very accurate information, or I'll just switch to the TV guide channel on my TV. That's what its for, isn't it? I will never use this when it comes out. Now what would be cool is if you could watch TV from your wii. Like a cable box.

Gdog

Jesusdragon737 said:
having a TV guide channel is rediculous. If I want a TV guide, I'm going to go on the channel's website to get very accurate information, or I'll just switch to the TV guide channel on my TV. That's what its for, isn't it? I will never use this when it comes out. Now what would be cool is if you could watch TV from your wii. Like a cable box.

Haha, I wouldn't mind a TV channel :)

Werbung: