Valentine

Raiju

I already EDITED my post, the problem is that i take too long for posting, so you already answered before my edit

Where did I say I lied to my friends that I had a girlfriend? I was popular because of the exceptional movements I was able to make with my hands, and arms back then[/b]

You said something about being too much proud and shy with girls, and also didnt want to lose your popularity (how can you be popular with hand moves?), so i presumed you did that

Though of what I understand what you said, it was exactly to what I referred to. I pulled the "engagement without meeting each other first" to it because it is similar in the same case. When someone hasn't met his future bride yet, how can he be sure to love him, or her? Because of "love at first sight?" Because he must love her? There is no possible way to be familiar with the other persons "likes, and dislikes, qualities and wrongs."[/b]

I dont get you

There is no sensation, there is no charm and there is no "beauty" that is supposed to seduce me.[/b]

So how the *beep* did you get atracted to her?

I'm a little clouded-minded to go digging in my memory, but wasn't there a saying: "Being thrown in front of the lions"? Or is that a Dutch saying only? Anyway, I didn't have much at a choice when I was brought in a class with only girls. Not moving and saying at all would not really give a joyful year after all. Though I think it would have gone fine with myself as well wouldn't I get in such a situation... it would only take a while longer. I don't got a clue what kind of a role my scar would play if it wasn't for that class.[/b]

Maybe you really dont want to remember this phase of yours. But, alone in a class with 18 girls, no local competition, i have wished this to happen with me a lot of times, but, we have a dictate here that is something like "God dont give wings to snakes"

I still need a reason to talk.[/b]

what do you mean?

Werbung:

Undead_Lives

Man, you guys are becoming quotaholics :p
i dont believe in love. (of course that doesnt mean i dont love my sisters and brothers and my parents)[/b]
I agree with you there. Mainly cause of......well nevermind.
So how the *beep* did you get atracted to her?[/b]
Her personality? Just the way a girl is can be attractive...

Fladian

I already EDITED my post, the problem is that i take too long for posting, so you already answered before my edit
Didn't notice it. Sorry, I don't have the time to check it up either.

You said something about being too much proud and shy with girls, and also didnt want to lose your popularity (how can you be popular with hand moves?), so i presumed you did that
No, my reputation and pride had nothing to do with girls. Being too popular or proud to talk to girls have no relation at all. But a rejection would give me a boost of negative 'popularity'. Especially hard for a shy freshman.
How can I be popular with hand moves? I was the only person on a school with 500+ students, who was able to place his fingers flat on the back of his hand. When someone tells that to someone else, it is often not believed and they want to see it for them selves. It went on... and on... and on... and more students of other schools heard and came to watch... annoying...

I dont get you
I was talking about a prearranged marriage.

So how the *beep* did you get atracted to her?
You tell me.

Maybe you really dont want to remember this phase of yours. But, alone in a class with 18 girls, no local competition, i have wished this to happen with me a lot of times, but, we have a dictate here that is something like "God dont give wings to snakes"
what do you mean?
[/quote]
Perhaps I don't want to remember, that could be true, but I doubt it. Just like I have to describe something while I don't know how it looks like. As example, without knowing this forum, I could say that the background is blue. The moment I see it is a black background, my guess of that it was blue is immediately forgotten. There's nothing I can do about it.
I meant that I had to face something I didn't want to face yet with that saying.

Nowadays, I'm quite happy I was in that class as it helped me in more than one way. *down boy* But I already mentioned this earlier (or in a different thread). Though I would like to repeat myself, I'm afraid I'm running out of time.

Her personality? Just the way a girl is can be attractive...
How is she then? I only see her in the bus, and once in a while at school when I'm going to get something to eat.

people dont like my personality...
cuz i..er..am weird..and they dont really know my dark side..
Could be, but you could always let them know about it.
People... especially girls like my personality often. Not really my own choice to let it go like that, but I'm not complaining.

I have a train to catch, and I'm late.

Undead_Lives

Flad, I think you should start using the "Add selected text as quote" instead of using the formal tags. They seem not to work when more than one person you comment on, and when you have a lot of them.

Raiju

How can I be popular with hand moves? I was the only person on a school with 500+ students, who was able to place his fingers flat on the back of his hand. When someone tells that to someone else, it is often not believed and they want to see it for them selves. It went on... and on... and on... and more students of other schools heard and came to watch... annoying...[/b]

That is weird, not your hands, its weird the fact that you were popular because of that. If it were here, i guess you would be, hmm, anti-popular if you get it

I was talking about a prearranged marriage.[/b]

You spoke of it all of a sudden, but well, i agree its a lame thing

You tell me.[/b]

My bet is that unconsciously you were atracted by her charm

Nowadays, I'm quite happy I was in that class as it helped me in more than one way. *down boy* But I already mentioned this earlier (or in a different thread). Though I would like to repeat myself, I'm afraid I'm running out of time.[/b]

I dunno the details of such a lucky strike but, well, God really dont give wings to snakes

people dont like my personality...
cuz i..er..am weird..and they dont really know my dark side..[/b]

Bully you?

Fladian

That is weird, not your hands, its weird the fact that you were popular because of that. If it were here, i guess you would be, hmm, anti-popular if you get it[/b]
Get it? It is not something I taught myself. It's something I just... can do. Don't take it wrong, perhaps I was happy with it back then, but I am everything but happy with it nowadays.

Give it a try yourself. Push all fingers, except the thumb, as far back as possible. When you can lay them flat on the back of the hand without any pain at all, then you'll see what I mean.

You spoke of it all of a sudden, but well, i agree its a lame thing[/b]
Not all of a sudden. It is related to what we talking about earlier in a way. In a prearranged marriage, you don't know (much) about the person you are going to marry with sometimes. Or at least, that was the case of a classmate of mine. Her 'fiance' was living on the other side of the world.

My bet is that unconsciously you were atracted by her charm[/b]
Probably not. I don't know her enough by far to make any conclusions if I like her or not, yet I can't deny the fact that I have a 'feeling' towards her. I'm afraid I can't describe it without seeing her.

I dunno the details of such a lucky strike but, well, God really dont give wings to snakes
[/b]
Nothing special. The class I was supposed to be in was "full" at the last moment, and together with a classmate, I was placed in a different class. The classmate, who was a guy, got "sick" after two weeks, and didn't come back.

Raiju

Get it? It is not something I taught myself. It's something I just... can do. Don't take it wrong, perhaps I was happy with it back then, but I am everything but happy with it nowadays.

Give it a try yourself. Push all fingers, except the thumb, as far back as possible. When you can lay them flat on the back of the hand without any pain at all, then you'll see what I mean.[/b]

Youre not getting what i mean.I said that if it were here, you would be everything but popular, most likely that you would suffer

And i know what you mean, i had a girl 2-3 years ago that could make her arm go through the circunference of her head, weird

Nothing special. The class I was supposed to be in was "full" at the last moment, and together with a classmate, I was placed in a different class. The classmate, who was a guy, got "sick" after two weeks, and didn't come back.[/b]

That was an INSANE lucky strike, the guy getting sick :infernal:

Fladian

Youre not getting what i mean.I said that if it were here, you would be everything but popular, most likely that you would suffer[/b]
No, no, I got it alright. I was just pointing something out.

And i know what you mean, i had a girl 2-3 years ago that could make her arm go through the circunference of her head, weird[/b]
Oh yeah, I can do that too.

That was an INSANE lucky strike, the guy getting sick :infernal:
[/b]
I guess. But if he wouldn't have gotten "sick" (I still don't believe he was actually sick), then I would have been in a similar situation as well. If it was temporarily or not, he didn't speak to anyone in class and his voice was extremely soft. I am proud on my hearing abilities, but even I had problems hearing what he said.

Undead_Lives

That's weird...what that girl and Flad can do...
Anyways, love/like is over-rated. It's like taking a step into a hole. Fall for another, and you dig yourself deeper.

Fladian

That's weird...what that girl and Flad can do...[/b]
Not that weird anymore when you're used to it. I can't remember the time when I wasn't able to do all those moves with my hands and arms. Though I must admit I can't lay my fingers flat on the back of my hand anymore... I still can, but not without pain anymore.

Anyways, love/like is over-rated. It's like taking a step into a hole. Fall for another, and you dig yourself deeper.
[/b]
I don't agree. Not only is love (or like, if you prefer) the strongest motivation I've ever had, it is also the thing I enjoy more than anything else.

I'll tell you something. (If you don't want to read it, read the conclusion, at the end of the post)Though I cannot remember my thoughts from elementery school and first year of Junior High, I can remember all others. In my first second year of Junior High (I had to redo the second year, my sophomore year) I was motivated by the class I was in. Everyone I got friends with during that time, are still my (best) friends nowadays. Not just that, but without any doubt, we were the best class of the school, and I've never enjoyed school more than back then. Everything was perfect... a bit too perfect, because I didn't make it :p
My second second year was a lot tougher for me. I didn't have anything to motivate myself with, but I was much more simple minded than I am now. Striving to become classmates of my 'friends' again was all I wanted at that time. I guess that helped me through the start of the year. I had a giant crush on a girl a little after the year started, and that was all motivation I was in need of. But because of my shyness, it wasn't as effective as it could be.
My third year is a year I can only barely remember. That's probably because I never had a clear motivation to go on. To catch up to my friends was something impossible already and I didn't have any idea what I should do when they would graduate and I would stay around alone... except for one of my friends who also had to redo the second year - but got placed in a different class. That I had no proper motivation in my third year was clear to see. Except for one class, all grades I got were only mediocore, to average.
My fourth year was my most successful year. I graduated that year, after all, with quite high grades and my intelligence was developing quite fast, just like my personality which was on hold for a long time. My appearance stayed the same, unfortunately. I didn't grow much that year either. I got around a whole new area of people, - people I lost contact with mostly, but would gladly reasstablish it whenever possible - and 'friendship' was the motivation I had to go on. When that 'ran out', I also had a specific 'liking' to my next door girl. I started to hang out a lot with her, but slowly learned that she isn't my type, but when that happened, I started to feel different feeling for someone else, though I am able to argue about what kind of feelings they are. Symphatie, or love. Whichever it was, it boosted me and I easily got through that year.
The next year, (College) I was forced to change in personality and mentally because the level of study was completely different. Not just that, but the sudden distance between friends and myself. Luckily for me, girls have always been the strongest motivation I had, and I was in a class full with it. As if that wasn't enough, the girl of last year was completely on my mind and I tried to desperately find her. I got through the year with ease and no problems occured. None at all. All tests got a good grade except for one, but I just didn't get it.
My second year of College was completely different. The girl of those two years ago was out of my thought and the class I was in was completely different from the previous class. The start of the year is always easy, so I didn't really was in need of any motivation to go on. When I started to need it, I started to aim for a certain study course. Unfortunately, halfway the year, I heard what kind of 'demands' are necessary to follow that study. At the moment where I am now (this very moment), I need to study for at least seven years to stand a very small chance to go to that study course. My complete motivation broke down at that moment, nothing was left of it. That was easily visible to my grades, which dropped from an average of a 7/10 - 8/10 to a 4/10 on average. I scored 1/10's and 2/10's a lot suddenly, even though I tried to do everything about it. I started to study badly, but it didn't help. One day, I didn't sleep, I just kept studying. I scored a 5/10, which isn't enough. Teachers got mad at me because I wasn't 'doing enough', but that isn't true. Fellow students were surprised at my grades as well, especially because I started quite well. Just except for one student, he understood perfectly what happened. He had the exact same problem the previous year of his, and therefore, he had to redo the year.
I fell for a girl three months after I lost my motivation. Don't misunderstand me, it never was my intention to fall for her. I tried to make her a 'motivation point', a reason why I should go on. I guess I wasn't aware that I could fall for her at the same time. Did this work better than the other years? I don't know. I have yet to see. I made the most important test of my year yesterday, so I am going to bet everything on it. I don't want to redo another year... not here, not now, not ever. Only, if I'd lose this motivation, I don't know what will happen.
Conclusion: I can't study from books. I need someone, or something to motivate me in remembering things. 'Liking', or 'Love' was the most powerful motivation I had to get through those years.

Undead_Lives

Symphatie[/b]
I believe you mean sympathy.
Well, very interesting Flad, although your 'use' of like/love for motivation is not quite what I meant...
However, I personally am motivated to learn, to figure out how things work, and even if I am not motivated, I just have learned to get it over with, and my grades have always been good. The past two years I have been uninterested in Math and I still get a 95% average.

Fladian

I believe you mean sympathy.[/b]
Yeah. This just might be the very first time I used the word :p

Well, very interesting Flad, although your 'use' of like/love for motivation is not quite what I meant...[/b]
I know. It isn't exactly what I tried to say as well...

However, I personally am motivated to learn, to figure out how things work, and even if I am not motivated, I just have learned to get it over with, and my grades have always been good. The past two years I have been uninterested in Math and I still get a 95% average.
[/b]
I never have been interested in any kind of maths, a little unlogical when you think that I am studying administration/accountancy. Though I didn't have much of a choice when I chose it. But like I said in the conclusion, I am not able to study. I can do it a bit when I try really hard, (which results in my 5/10, after a full day and night of studying. Believe me, I was crushed when I heard what my grade was) but without motivation, it is just impossible for me.
It isn't just the 'maths' that annoy me, but it are mostly the ways to calculate it. To calculate the average of the stock is what I happen to have in front of me. I'll write it down: "0.5 V1 + V2 + V3 + V4 + 0.5 x V5 / amount V - 1 = Average stock / amount of products bought. The 'V' (Voorraad) stands for 'stockage'. When you have to learn more than seven different variations of these things, you'll understand that I am sick and tired of studying without really trying to achieve anything because I don't like this study course. Oh, the calculation itself doesn't look too hard or anything, and it isn't very special either, but I suck in remembering small things... such as those. Just like I can't remember names, I can't remember small things either. Mind that I have no problem at all in remember large things, such as long names. The football/soccer player Ibrahimovic when he played for Ajax, was a name I heard once at a time, and never forgot about. I didn't really follow football back then. But in opposite of Ibrahimovic, I wasn't able to remember the name of 'Vonk', or 'Hansma' despite them playing for my favorite team.

Trying to "get it over with" is something that lost its touch for me a very long time ago. I need something (big) to strive for and draw my motivation from it. Come to think of it... oh, no, never mind.

Werbung:

Raiju

Thats absolutely normal, early shcool times (and even the late) arent just meant for learning, its there that you "discover" most of things, and the most durable friendships you make there

i hate study, but i love my school