What book are you reading?

Werbung:

Undead_Lives

Bring it on. You can find much better fantasy books out there, you just have to look.
THEY actually involve an entire world...not just a cheap kid's fantasy.

Undead_Lives

:eek: I LOVE fantasy books. They are my favourite.
But don't worry, I won't hate you cause you don't like them :p
After all, everyone has their own styles they like.

Kem Rixen

Bring it on. You can find much better fantasy books out there, you just have to look.
THEY actually involve an entire world...not just a cheap kid's fantasy. [/b]
The Harry Potter books are an alternative look at how life could be. Just because they don't toss you into some far off land doesn't mean they aren't original. Besides Harry Potter I read The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy trilogy (which is actually five books), 1984, A Brave New World, Animal Farm...

Undead_Lives

Meh, that's my point of view. Also, wizards and witches have been so overdone.. imo its not very original, save for the small things. Like the mail system.
Anyways, besides that I also read Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time series, now thats a great fantasy series.

Raiju

i like stephen king, i dont remenber the english titles of his books, but making a rough translation do you like the "Death's Dance" and "The Gunslinger"?

Undead_Lives

Stephen King's alright. Pretty wacky stuff, but very well written. I read his uh...I don't remember the title. It was a short story about this agency working to get people out of the smoking habbit. And they go to extremes. Good short story.

Fladian

i like stephen king, i dont remenber the english titles of his books, but making a rough translation do you like the "Death's Dance" and "The Gunslinger"?
[/b]
I'm not sure about titles :p I'm quite bad with names, titles are no real exception when it comes to that.

I do know that I don't have the courage to read 'It' =) I've seen the movie on a too young age, and uhh... I'm afraid of clowns.

Werbung:

Fladian

You might like to hear this then: I heard yesterday in a radio show about people who are afraid of things. A girl was afraid of mayonaise, she said. She nearly chocked in it, or something like that.

Someone else was afraid of the sound that a liquad made when it was poured in a glass. Something I can't really imagine, but strangely enough, it is true.

My brother, who is 26, is afraid of spiders.

Some guy is afraid of peanut butter because he is afraid "that something could stick vast in his throat."

And last, but not least, last summer, I read about people who are afraid of "(coin-)money." Something I can't really imagine, to be honest. But very possible. Perhaps that I'll try and find it if I have some spare time...