What book are you reading?

Fladian

Oh and I don't go to horror movie, I'm afraid I'll be scared which is kind of ironic....
[/b]
Yeah, it is :p I used to have some problems with it it too, though partly mixed with a situation of what happened in real life which scares me from time to time. Having trusted voices softly talking while I try to fall asleep usually helps in such cases :)

Werbung:

Fladian

That's not the case, Undead. Though I relax of certain kind of music, not everything does the trick. As example, I can't relax while listening to something of Greenday or Eminem. I think it is more of what people are used to.

Fladian

Yesterday I was recommended two different books. One by the name of '1408', a short story of the book 'Everything's Eventual' by the author of Stephen King. The other story is named 'Eragon' by Christopher Paolini.

I got a nice description about both stories by a friend of mine. But of course, both descriptions were given by someone who liked the book. I haven't read any of the stories, and I don't posses the book 'Everything's Eventual' nor 'Eragon', though I think can get 'Everything's Eventual.' But before I make any hasty moves, I am wondering if anyone has read these. If so, could they tell their opinion about it? I'd appreciate it.

Undead_Lives

I have read Eragon, and I guess I'll kinda give a little outline on it.
First off, the writer started it when he was 15. So don't expect a grand fantasy world that includes coniving politicians and great battles that number in the hundreds of thousands.
However, it is a very good book. The story is well-thought-out and the characters are believable. The journey that the young boy (main character) takes is long and full of adventure, but I personally liked it the most because there was someone who died who was close to the boy. A lot of writers keep their main characters...in my opinion, too long.
Other than that, the world that it takes place in is also very well done. It includes dwarves, elves, and weird evil beings. I personally recommend it.

You probably sleep better with sounds because that's also the thing that relaxes you...
And Hunter, I like mystery too... Agatha Christe rules.
[/b]
Hmm did I mention that I just finished reading "And then there were none" I don't know..I liked it.

Undead_Lives

Hmm did I mention that I just finished reading "And then there were none" I don't know..I liked it.
[/b]

oOo wasn't that the Agatha Christe one? oh man, that was great. How that guy pulled off all those murders...wow.

Werbung: