Wii Won't Budge on Pricing

hockeyhero

"Wii owner wannabes hoping for a dip in pricing for the holidays will have to wait a while for the Nintendo console to drop below it US$249 retail price, the company said Thursday. George Harrison, Nintendo's U.S. marketing chief, quashed any hopes for a lower price citing the continued strong demand for the Wii in an interview with Reuters........"

This isn't all of the article.....

To continue the article please go to...... http://www.ecommercetimes.com/rsstory/59807.html

Werbung:

Rybo5000

Matt said:
I don't really think the Wii should drop much in price, it's the right price for what you get

Matt! Good to see you again, I haven't talked to you in ages.

Anyway on topic, yes the Wii is still low already and anyone asking it to be lower should look at PS3!

Phillysoul11

PS3 needs to lower there prices alot....
none are buying ps3 because of the high prices....
Microsoft should learn from nintendo, people buy cheaper systems, also the wii appeals to various ages, while the ps3 is for more hardcore gamers....(not saying that there arnt many wii hardcore gamers)

Sonson

Rybo5000 said:
This is stupid -it's already half of the price of an xbox. The current price is too low!

I have to agree. I honestly don't see why Nintendo would even consider lowering the price at this stage, considering how overwhelming it's sales has been.

Raising the price seems like a more business-smart decision. If they were to raise the price of the Wii to $300 or $350, they would most likely continue to sell the same impressive amount of units as they are now, yet make a larger profit. A price increase like that would hardly dent the current customer consumption.

Still, regardless, I'm happy with the current price.[/i]

TimpZ

i don't got much money so im going to say what i always say: Lower the prices, more money for the people to buy more games.

i don't got much money so the little i got over for games isn't much :thumbdown:. most games is too expensive for me, kyaah! :tongue_smilie:

Pythorne

wiipointsmaster said:
i think the price was fine compared to other systems like xbox and PS3 but it would be cool if they lowered it. they probably will in like 6 months.

The price for the Wii is very reasonable....well it could be allite more lowered. The price did go down allittle. It will stay the same for some time. Instead of the wii The games should be lowered. I think that is more important. The games are as expensive as the competing systems. 59.99 dollars. It should be maximum 15 dollars less. + it takes time for the mario games to go down in price. Even if the games' prices drop, they only drop by only 10 dollars.

Werbung: