Nintendo market value at $85 billon thanks to Wii

jesta

" TOKYO (Reuters) - Nintendo Co Ltd zipped past 10 trillion yen ($85 billion) in market value on blistering demand for its red-hot game machines, having almost tripled in value since launching its new Wii console late last year.

Nintendo is now Japan's third-most valuable listed company behind automaker Toyota Motor Corp and Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Japan's largest bank, and analysts see the game machine maker's shares setting more high scores.

Nintendo's Wii and handheld DS machines have catapulted the once struggling brand past Sony Corp's latest PlayStation consoles and Microsoft Corp's Xbox 360.

The stock rose 5.3 percent to 71,300 yen on Monday, bringing its market capitalization to 10.1 trillion yen -- a fivefold increase in the past two years.

Nintendo's market capitalization is almost double that of Sony, whose total revenue is more than eight times as big as Nintendo's.

"There's more upside than downside risk," KBC Securities analyst Hiroshi Kamide said.

"There's every reason to believe Nintendo will continue to execute its strategy well in expanding the gaming industry to strengthen its position ... and really keep doing what it's been doing regardless of what competition is doing," he said." Full story here

Werbung:

Jesusdragon737

that's crazy that Nintendo is Japan's third most valuble company. There are so many car companies in japan like nissan, honda, and toyota, that you would think they would be more valuble. It's about time Nintendo passed up sony and microsoft.

Jailbreak

man that is crazy! third biggest company!! and there are so many japanease companies now!!!!!!!! wow that is hard to get my head around

Ryano

wiipointsmaster said:
this is great i might buy some Nintendo stocks. i am still thinking about it though but i have been thinking about doing it for a while.

I'd like to do the same, but unfortunately I'm not 18.

wiipointsmaster

Ryano said:
wiipointsmaster said:
this is great i might buy some Nintendo stocks. i am still thinking about it though but i have been thinking about doing it for a while.

Just ask your parents to purchase them for you with your own money. i thought you could buy stocks at any age.

Phillysoul11

wiipointsmaster said:
Ryano said:
wiipointsmaster said:

Just ask your parents to purchase them for you with your own money. i thought you could buy stocks at any age.

that is a good idea...there doing amazing financially right now..

Werbung:

Ryano

lu1g1 said:
wiipointsmaster said:
Ryano said:
wiipointsmaster said:

that is a good idea...there doing amazing financially right now..

I doubt I'll bother to get my parents to buy stock....I'm a little short on cash...