Artist Required -- Now I can put one of you to work ^_^

Kevin

EDIT please check edit note at bottom

YAY

All you artists out there with nothing to do can finally help your fellow man (well I'm a god, not a man, but you're not gods, so I can't call you a fellow god now can I?):wink:

Here is my project. It is an ANIMATED WALL!

What is so difficult about skinning this? Well, I need a skin master who can understand what I need.

So I gave you four pictures of my wall, it has multiple stages, each stage must have a skin.

Stage 1: Upper Left Hand Corner.

You see a flat perfectly square surface, with three beams of logs on the top. That flat surface needs a dirt skin, possible tools on the ground too if you like. That surface will have an animation dirt cloud coming out of it (hopefully).

Those beams you see -- the skin can actually be used twice. See, I need something that looks like the INSIDE of a log. You know, dark round swirleys with a light wood pulp. That texture can be made round for the inside of the logs, as well as being used for the wooden beams.

Stage 2: Upper Right. The wall itself. You see there are fourcompletely whole logs on each corner of the wall extending into the ground. Then those logs in the middle? There are actually 4 logs in the middle on each side. "But kevin I only see two!"
"HAHA!" I say, "I designed it that way!"

You see, the logs in the CENTER need to split apart and bulge out. They have jagged lines which you cannot see in this picture.

So, I need two skins for these logs!

I need one skin that looks like a complete log, with a giant really fat black metal band just a little above the middle! The longer you make the wooden portion, the easier it is for me to reposition it during skinning without having major problems.

NOW The second skin, I need the wooden portion, leading all the way up to the black band. The black band can be a bit smaller than the corner logs. But it needs to be sliced in half right at the band, that way I can position the overlapping log over the bottom log and make it look like one complete log.

The insides of the logs do show as if they are cut. But, that inside can be the same texture that you made for the beams in step 1.

Now I want you to look at the top, you see a giant perfectly square slab. Well, that's what step 3 covers. That's the TOP of the wall.

Stage 3 -- The Slab. This rock slab needs to be like a lightly dark speckled light grey stone finish.

Now you think oh, that's fine, that's all he needs.

Well wrong. See when the wall is damaged, at 50%, then at 25% it shows its damage. The sides begin to bulge, then come out. And the top of the wall changes, showing CRACKS.

Now I am accomplishing this with animated face planes that appear over the top of the wall.

I need a total of THREE skins for this granite slab

**lightly dark speckled light grey stone finish
**I need the same finish only with some spider crack lines eminating from the center with one crack touching each of the four sides
**I need the same finish only the cracks need to be thicker

Stage 4 : You see that center area? Bottom right hand corner. It's supposed to be refuse that is used to fill the inside of the wall. You know, crushed rocks, lime mortar, pieces of sticks or metal or whatever. Whatever you think looks good as strong, hefty filling for a wall. It should be shaded relatively dark though.

Edit: You know what, stage 5 isn't that important. In fact only do it if you have extra room on the texture. I may not even use it. IStage 5 : -- I need a standard square like area which looks like the ground but it is all black (like the building crater) for the death/corpse graphic when the wall is destroyed. Nothing fancy, just save enough room on that texture for a smoulder blotch mark

Werbung:

Kevin

oh hey there are three rules here --
1 if you are doing it, please respond to the thread letting everyone know.
2 If you are unsure as to what I want, post a test graphic/screen shot please, and I'll tell you yea or nay.
3 I always give massive credit for people AND the websites where I found them who do anything for my maps. Their credits always appear on the website and in the quest section while playing. I do not thieve people ^_^ Yes I know you do this for free, but so do I, it is what is fun about making mods YAY!:D

!:)!

Mavus

The model looks nice, I would help but I am no good at skinning (even though I've never tried..) I dunno who could help but I'm sure you'll get some help :).

Squishy-1

im not quite sure but i think the only way to have an animated wall is to make the model animation with a normal skin.... yeah but im not so sure u can do that

Kevin

-_-o nono squishy-1 I am the one who animates my wall. The wall is a regular building unit. I just need someone to make a regular skin.

!:)!

Kevin

Kevin, in the future, please do not double post. You've seen the edit button, so please use it.

I have a very good reason for not using the edit button.

That post of mine is rather large, and for some reason each time I tried to edit and submit, the website timed out because the very nice graphic overlay at the top of the page causes serious loading problems in I.E. 6.0.

After two failed tries to edit I gave up and just hit back button to post.

:)

Of course it would be nice if the banner for this site was in a frame, that way it'd only ever load up once ^_^. But I'm not one to complain!

Edit -- see sometimes I can edit, like this time and the very first time or so I edited the top post. But other times, it gives me mega problems.

Mavus

Kevin, in the future, please do not double post. You've seen the edit button, so please use it.

Give him a break Undead_Lives ... gah, :mad: you don't have to be so cruel it's a minor thing. Even a friendly PM would've done but no... Hmph, anyway I shared the same problem Kevin (I used to have dial-up :p ) and everything took a year to load.

Fladian

It is quite normal to point out someone shouldn't double post. It's not worth mentioning anything upon that. There are numerous forums where you may (and sometimes are encouraged) to double post; which isn't the case here.

Werbung:

Kevin

-_-

guys stop carrying this too far pls. we are having a good time but no more arguing pls. I was just telling UL that I had to because the website kept giving me problems and that I don't normally double post but I had to post a quick reply/edit before I left and the website kept locking up I.E..

now pls no more discussion on this. I'm still looking for a nice jpg or tga picture that I can use as a skinning file if anyone's interested in making one.

^_^