Basshunter

Fladian

Basshunter_dota.JPG

Basshunter

For those who are unfamiliar with Basshunter; Basshunter is a Swedish artist that officially broke through world wide with his Swedish hit, 'Boten Anna,' a song about an IRC bot. Many variations have been made on it, and I personally experienced the Dutch version of it live a short time ago - the Dutch version is only nice when it's live.

The Swedish artist, Basshunter, is also known as 'Jonas Altberg,' which is his real name. Jonas is born in the Swedish city, Halmdstad, which can be found at the mouth of Nissan River in Halland in South-Western Sweden. Basshunter is born on 22th of December in the year 1984, which would mean he is currently 21 years old.
Basshunter, who calls his own music eurodance, started making music in 1999 and released his first album, The Bassmachine, in 2004 by using his own home page. There are others who call his music more hard dance.
Jonas Altberg suffered from a syndrom called 'Tourette,' which he had a hard time with when he was still young. This means that he sometimes states his mind unintentionally. He has complete control over it now.

border327x150.gif

Out here, in the Netherlands, Basshunter broke officially through during the summer with his Summer Hit, Boten Anna, which brought him the number 1 position in the Dutch Top 40, the most important music top in the Netherlands. The Swedish artist also had much success in other countries, but Denmark and Sweden were his best.

Friday, the 13th of October, Basshunter paid a visit to the Netherlands to perform at the TMF (The Music Factory) Music Awards. It is obvious that a big group of the Dutch people has a liking towards the "strange dancing" Swedish artist.

BASSHUNTER_konvolut.jpg

Cover of Basshunter's latest album: "LOL <(^^,)>"

In Basshunter's most recent song, DotA, he is referring to a game that was playing with his friends. According to the Swedish artist himself, he was playing the game called 'DotA' with some background music with his friends to get the inspiration to make the song. DotA is a custom game of the video game called 'Warcraft III.'
Jonas Altberg's, or better known as Basshunter has recently released his latest hit, DotA, which its official name is: 'Vi sitter i Ventrilo och spelar DotA,' which is roughly translated to 'We're sitting in Ventrilo and playing DotA.'
The way Altberg performed during the Dutch TMF awards, it is safe to say that he enjoys the performing and is fond on his own song.

My own opinion of Basshunter is that I am pretty fond of him as an artist, but also as a performer. Even though he performed in the country I live only a few days ago, I stayed at home to follow some different news. In a way, I regret a bit of not seeing him live in Amsterdam, the capital of the Netherlands. A friend told me about Basshunter's live performance in Amsterdam, which I carefully followed on TV.

Basshunter's latest song's clip can be found in the following link, please note what kind of lyrics you would like to see in the clip. You have a choice out of multiple languages, which English, France and Finnish are a few of them. If you are interested in singing the song, the original language lyrics are Swedish.
http://basshunter.m0o.eu/dota/index.php

Werbung:

ragingspeedhorn

Basshunter ancient news here yeah but still pretty cool, I like DotA but Botten Anna never caught my attention much.

I prefer the "hoopa" song more though. Not sure that's the name but whatever.

If you wish to see him live just come to Denmark, he plays live here like 1-2 times every month here and there around the country on dance clubs and other events.

Fladian

Basshunter isn't exactly hot news anymore, but DotA is (according to himself) still new. Alas the reason why I posted this. I only know two songs of him (Boten Anna, DotA) but I am interested in hearing more of him now... if I have some open space in my download list, I'll probably be downloading his album.
If you're from Denmark then it isn't surprising that he is "ancient news." Denmark and Sweden have quite some things in common. Not to mention that I am open to both languages. When a new artist gets in the spotlight in Germany or Belgium, I'll be the first to hear of them as well. England is a different story.

Come to Denmark, you say? Well, that's hard to do. There is quite some distance between Denmark and the place where I live. More importantly, with an exception of English, I don't speak any language fluently. There are a lot of languages I speak a bit of, but none to make it really useful. I do have a friend that speaks a few (12, to be exact) languages, but Danish isn't one of them, as I recall. Nor was Swedish.
Which is also important, I really don't have the money to go to Denmark. I also don't have too much time, but if you can get me a ticket for two to get to Denmark, then I'll be sure to keep a date open. ;) (and not just me)

ragingspeedhorn

Well I've been to Holland myself several times and the trip only takes around 10 hours in bus (would be less in train or plain) and the ticket is actually really cheap. Also we are not some retarded country which cannot speak English. Most people in shops and such do know enough English to have a conversation with tourists :)

Fladian

Ten hours by bus is a tad too long for me, and whatever the price is, it's too expensive for me as I am currently next to broke. The bit of money I have left will soon have left my wallet on:
1. I'm waiting for a game, which will be released next week friday.
2. I need to buy some private stuff regarding licenses, passports and stuff related to that.
3. I promised to take someone on a date; though that might end up going to some free concert.

I have no problem by traveling by train, but I already have issues after being stuck in a train for two hours straight (Leeuwarden). Besides that, I'm afraid of heights, so a plane is out of the question for me. But still, it's too far away for my taste to go there for a little fun. Besides, I'm not the type to go out much (excluding dates and concerts) anyway...

Well, then I surely hope that the English of your country is clearly better than it is out here in general. Despite that I can speak and write decent English, when I look to many people I know (+/- 90%), their English is quite poor. I speak my English with a Dutch accent on purpose when asked, but that's merely to stay out of the spotlight. I guess that explains the general level of people around me.
As an addition to that, the Netherlands ended up quite high on a country which spoke English as a second language. I can't remember how high exactly anymore, it's been some time ago since I read (newspaper) and heard (radio) it.

Fladian

I don't know; never gave them a visit; partly because I live a fair distance from Amsterdam - and I'm not really the type to visit them anyway.

Kolot

please save me from him! He has destroyed the Warcraft III Reputation by making people dance to a ridiculous song!

Werbung:

Fladian

Ridiculous? Really? I am pretty fond on the song and it immediately got into my playlist after I downloaded it. Funny enough that it took one translation to know what he was singing about before it would get in my playlist though... Swedish sounds quite a lot like Dutch.