Coke or Pepsi?

Werbung:

Fladian

Oh, don't take everything too serious. By now you should've noticed that I'm kind of a joker. You've been here a little longer/shorter than a month after all. But still, the point was the same; not judging everything immediately.

Maximilianx

sorry for the continued off topicness everyone, but i have too much pride and demand the last word.

i have way more of a right to judge subway, because ive been there many times, eaten there many times, and know a lot about it, at least a lot more than mavus may know about america.

coca-cola ftw!

Undead_Lives

Mavus, you're getting close to flaming. And that, is not tolerated. By myself or Fladian. Fladian is actually harsher in this respect I believe..but anyways.
I don't like Subway because I don't like it's general taste. I prefer Quiznos.
Oh, and I'm from Canada, I'm not American.
Now, on topic..
Pepsi rules, I think I'm addicted to it >.>

Mavus

Mavus, you're getting close to flaming. And that, is not tolerated. By myself or Fladian. Fladian is actually harsher in this respect I believe..but anyways.
I don't like Subway because I don't like it's general taste. I prefer Quiznos.
Now, on topic..
Pepsi rules, I think I'm addicted to it >.>

A) I wasn't talking about the U.S.A I was talking about North America as a whole, I'm not that stupid, never call an American; Canadian or I know what will happen. Just like you don't call an Australia; British.

2) We actually agree on something? Pepsi is much better then coke.

Fladian

sorry for the continued off topicness everyone, but i have too much pride and demand the last word.
I like being on the forum during school hours. =P

Demanding things out here (especially from me) is something you should be careful with.

i have way more of a right to judge subway, because ive been there many times, eaten there many times, and know a lot about it, at least a lot more than mavus may know about america.
Nonsense. What I was referring to is that it doesn't have to be unhealthy if you don't eat anything unhealthy. Besides that, Subway seems clean enough to me when I drive past it nearly daily (imagine the agony, driving past a McDonalds, Subway and Burger King (yet being reminded that the KFC is quite near too every time) every single day!).

As for you knowing Subway more than Mavus may know America is something which cannot be said by facts. Take a classmate of mine as a example; he is half Dutch and half Iraqian (or however you spell it, I'm not sure if he's partly Iraq, but somewhere near those nations; they're all the same to me) but lived a long part of his life in Canada. Wouldn't you be free to say that he knows more about Canada that the Netherlands or Iraq? (note: he was born in the Netherlands)
Or a different example, myself. Personally I am Dutch and lived in the Netherlands for my entire life, but this (by far) doesn't mean that I know nothing about other countries. Knowing myself (uh..) I could have putten some intensive research in a particular other country. Admitted that America is a tad (too) big though.

I'm not sure. I'm not very tolerant when it comes to flaming and I only warn once; but I'm not sure how you act towards it.

Canadian is partly American, just like Frisian is partly Dutch, the Welsh are partly English and the French are partly bastards. =P (note: this is one big joke)

Just like you don't call an Australia; British.
Really? Never heard of that one before. But that kind of stuff is quite bad out here too. Never call someone from the top of the Netherlands or south Hollandic, while you should never call someone from the west (north-west) Dutch. Ahhh... a little problem in the translation though. Kinda unfortunate that I don't speak with an accent/dialect though.

"I can talk achterhoeks very well, you know?" - Ramon, my former boss
"You are achterhoeks.[/i]." - Me

Mavus

Well because Australia is still part of the commonwealth of Britian or whatever we get called pommies... And when that happens heads fly :)

Ken in the bubble

A) I wasn't talking about the U.S.A I was talking about North America as a whole, I'm not that stupid, never call an American; Canadian or I know what will happen. Just like you don't call an Australia; British.

2) We actually agree on something? Pepsi is much better then coke.

Well lets set this argument/debate aside shall we? This thread is about Carbonated Sodas! :p

Dragonskull

I personally prefer neither. Although I hate Fanta (which is a coke-product , I think) - but that might just be because I am allergic to citrus. What I pick in the shop depends on my mood, 'cause it's all different tastes.

By example:
If I am bored, I take a Coke.
If I am thirsty, I take a Pepsi Max.
If I am tired, I take a Pepsi.
If I am normal (e.g. usually), I take a Zero (Coke).

But in most cases I take some energy drink; Burn, Battery. I can't get Red Bull 'cause it's fucking illegal in Norway, too high coffeine consentration. Bwah.

Hihi, sorry for this, but I just feel like commenting on the Subway matter. :D
I've never heard of it.. but I guess it's something like the Norwegian Seven-Elleven.. or Deli de Luca. Anyway, I can't see any particulary healthy food in those. :p To be honest, there's no actual healthy-food "restaurants" in Norway. Anyway, my point is, if you want food, why don't you just go to the food store and buy something that is normal to eat? I mean, you all sound like you would eat at this Subway everyday if you could, and that sounds really boring.

Anyway, who came up with a silly name like Subway? I mean.. it's not a store by the subway-station, is it? (At least it wasn't when I saw it in London, up to 3 times on the same road.)

Long post ftw, guess this allows me to spam a little, eh?

Ohh, lol, and one last thing; Fladian, your post about you being a jokester, just 2 weeks ago now, I got banned from a forum for being too much of a jokester. That's a IP ban, with no chance of returning.

Fladian

I personally prefer neither. Although I hate Fanta (which is a coke-product , I think) - but that might just be because I am allergic to citrus. What I pick in the shop depends on my mood, 'cause it's all different tastes.
That makes two of us, except that I'm not allergic to it. I'm not too fond of it myself though. Ironically I do like a variation of the drink, which is supposed to taste completely similar according to some friends. But then again, they also say water doesn't have a particular taste, while I can easily taste the difference between the water at where I live, the water at my brother's place, my school, my work, etc. The one at my brother's old place was the best.

Anyway, my point is, if you want food, why don't you just go to the food store and buy something that is normal to eat?
Because that takes too long? Three years ago a rumor went through the school that a McDonalds would be built nearby (which is nowadays one giant empty spot). Now imagine, the College I attend to also offers a high school study. Meaning that the age of the people there can vary from 12 until 30+; I'm quite in the middle of that. Imagine the income of the McDonalds would be like if it was actually build. You can guarantee that my friends and I would probably be spending more time at the McDonalds than school itself. Though that isn't very surprising considering that we are attending to school quite... uh... little. Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that there is also a supermarket near the school (if the McDonalds would have been built, it would have been located right next to it). Logically enough, the supermarket (and bakkery, which is next to the supermarket) sell far more healthy food. But do you truthfully believe that we, as the students that we are, would actually go to the supermarket instead of a McDonalds? Ignore our finances in this case.

Note: A little more than six months ago I met the person that started the rumor of the McDonalds. Nowadays he is one of my best school-friends and the most common male-visitor of my Quote of the Day.

I mean, you all sound like you would eat at this Subway everyday if you could, and that sounds really boring.
If the sandwiches would be as good as the restaraunt near the station for me and be about 30% cheaper than Subway is out here (according to a number of people, it is supposed to be quite expensive) then you can count on it that I'll be there daily. Or at least, five days a week with a possible exception on wednesday, when I am scoring a sandwich with a friend.

Anyway, who came up with a silly name like Subway? I mean.. it's not a store by the subway-station, is it? (At least it wasn't when I saw it in London, up to 3 times on the same road.)
I think that was the main intention at the first. A little store/restaraunt near a subway-station. It probably just got tremendous success and it was ambitious enough to continue growing. Just a wild theory though.

Long post ftw, guess this allows me to spam a little, eh?
Long? Nonsense.

Ohh, lol, and one last thing; Fladian, your post about you being a jokester, just 2 weeks ago now, I got banned from a forum for being too much of a jokester. That's a IP ban, with no chance of returning.
Being too much of a joker isn't a good thing either. Fact does remain that I have a lot of freedom on this forum for my personal jokes, being a moderator and all and one of the most known members of the forum. That saves a lot. I am one hundrerd percent serious at SCH-forum and somewhat serious at a particular story forum though, simply because it would be out of place to act as a joker. In the SCH-fansite forum, my jokes and pranks don't work (several reasons) and I am definitely in the shadow of another member at the story-forum.

Dragonskull

So, the only reason you eat at McDonalds or whatever is that the food store is far away?
I buy my lunch at a food store, costs me about nothing, I get a large variety of things to chose from - I can be healthy or not. And if they built a McDonalds even insde my school I would go to that store, simply because fastfood is boring. I can eat it once in a while, I actualy ate a Cheeseburger from Burger King as lunch today.

Calling it Subway is justified from now on. XD

About the ban, just to feed you with some info; I was among the top 5 popular members, everyone knew who I was except for those who never actually spent time on the forum. I was the nr. 3 top poster, with 3,700 posts in 1 year - guessing 10% was practically spam. The joke that got me banned was posted in the Real Life-forum (this equals Chit-Chat or whatever). The problem was that seemingly, one of the moderators that actually knew me pretty well thought I was serious. The joke concerned cheating in a game. However, I wasn't the one who started the thread, which was already 1 week old when I posted (it should have been removed already on Day 1). When teh thread was 2 weeks old, a "supermoderator" decided she'd ban the sinners, and the moderator that I mentioned earlier was to make a list of people that broke the rules. I was in the list together with "my fellas".

It's the biggest ban-action done on the board, and it killed the activity of the forum by 70%, considering they banned 70% of the "core". 7 among the top 10 posters were banned. 30 members left the forum because we got banned.

.. a bit much details short, and messy. XD

Mavus

Just out of curiosity what forum is this on? You guys got just totally destroyed man, and that is a little harsh. I mean even Undead_Lives/Fladian wouldn't do that, would you guys?

Undead_Lives

And don't call a Canadian American either. >.>
Oh, and as for a wipe out ban, we've never had reason to, nor do I think we ever shall.

Btw, I hate it when restaurants only have Coke. Conversation goes as follows:

Me- "Pepsi please"
Waitress/Waiter- "Is Coke ok?"
Me- "Ya it's fine"
Waitress walks away..
Me (to myself)- "Oh wait, it's not...bleh."

I'm very forgetful and abesnt-minded when there's food around XD

Maximilianx

ew no its the other way around.

pepsi owns freakin everything.

im like coke
and then the waitress says hows pepsi?