Curse of a loner

Tenebrae

.... he was gay...? :confused:

Anyway, yeah, I guess you're right. Even so, its still hard to write a decent book, even if it is fantasy. But then again, I'm only sixteen and not the most experienced with writing.

.... how did the subject of a loner change to this? lol.

Werbung:

Fladian

.... he was gay...? :confused: [/b]

No, she was. Not the male main character, but the female main character. Great story.

Anyway, yeah, I guess you're right. Even so, its still hard to write a decent book, even if it is fantasy. But then again, I'm only sixteen and not the most experienced with writing.[/b]
I'm not the most experienced with writing either, but that doesn't mean you can't write at all. Therefore, I don't compare myself to the real authors, but only to the amateurs. The one who wrote the story I earlier described is probably the best I've ever met. I started giving 'Whatever walks here... walks alone' much attention because I wanted to prove to myself that I am nothing less than him.

.... how did the subject of a loner change to this? lol.
You mentioned your fantasy book earlier. :p

Tenebrae

Oh yeah.... lol

I don't really think I'm that good of a writer, but I'm still gonna try, cuz that's one of my biggest job interests right now, and I think I've got potential.

Fladian

Shall we decide that in the Story Contest? ;)

My job interest is something I have to study for, but seeing the fact that it won't be the case for a while, there is little I can do.
But as for being a good writer. Test yourself on us, a few amateur writers.

Tenebrae

Nah, I'm not really interested in the story contest. And I really suck at short stories for it to work anyway. Most story lines I come up with are very long and complex. Its just that I'm not the best at filling in the little details

Fladian

There are a few people in the Story Contest that already mentioned to me: "I can't write short stories." I am unable to write short as well, which many people can see.

The Story Contest is not really made for short stories, especially when you look at how the rating system is.

Tenebrae

Oh my gosh, I've been corrupted!!!

I'm going back to the original subject, btw.

Anyway, I just went to a swimming party last night with a bunch of my friends, and when I got home, I came to the sudden realization that they've turned me into a social freak!!! Actually, it's been happening to me over the last month or so. They've just all started being friendly to me, and now look what they've done!?!?!

Actually, so far, being social isn't that bad. lol

Fladian

The original subject, oh yeah. What was it again? :p My intention was to reply this morning, but I placed some other priorities higher than replying and had some other things to do during the afternoon, excuse me.

Swimming party? Oh that brings back memories. A few years ago, during my last year of high school, together with a friend we had to write as if we were pretending to organise a bit party. We had to make all preperations with a certain amount of money. We were a bit short of time - and even more because of a giant accident later on - but we managed to do it as well.
We decided to write about a "swimming party." As a result, we had one of the highest grades from class... though mostly thanks to me, even if that may sound like bragging. It remains funny how we kept laughing at two of our classmates, who created a small football league. The little money we had to spend was by far not enough to invite some of those clubs.

I'll tell you this though, Tenebrae. After being very social for a specific doesn't mean that you suddenly turned into a "social person." There is a saying: "You can't change overnight." It was something that I wanted to prove wrong, but I failed horribly. That I am a completely different person than I was a few years ago is a fact, there is little to say about it. At a certain point a few years ago, I decided that I wanted to change. I've told that story before here. That didn't mean that I was able to act ocmpletely different all of the time after I decided. No human is able to change overnight. Perhaps their mind could, but the body wouldn't agree with it. Because of that, I gained a very incosistent personality; meaning that the one day I acted like an outgoing person and the other time a very timid and shy guy. The incosistency became less every passing day, but I never managed to stay the way I wanted to be for a full week straight. The question kept coming back to me: "When until I'm finally the person who I want to be?"
By coincidence, I managed to answer that question to myself a little while ago. As a matter of fact, I came to the conclusion that the incosistency was over already. I was just in need of a little push in the back to get me to the person I wanted to be. But because I didn't know I was in need of that push, I never completely changed. Luckily, a friend of mine unaware of it, gave me that last little push. I am what I am now... and I never have been happier before in my life... and it's only getting better. (If I make my remake exams good, then my week/month couldn't get any better) Because of that, in a few weeks, I want to heavily consider about going to stop to be Fladian Lince.

Two days ago was the 'crown of my work' completed. Anyone who knew me from those few years ago, wouldn't possibly recognize me anymore - except if I forgot to shave. I don't even look the same as those years ago, and my personality has nothing left that people once knew me of. Even the gender of the people I hang out with changed. :p

Oh, and for those who actually recognize it. I'm probably having the best day in months right now. If I had to say something that annoyed me today was the pouring rain, but even that had its advantages.
I can't remember being this happy before in months now...

Tenebrae

I'll tell you this though, Tenebrae. After being very social for a specific doesn't mean that you suddenly turned into a "social person." There is a saying: "You can't change overnight." [/b]
Actually, it wasn't really an overnight thing. I realized that it's actually a process that's been happening to me for a few months.

I can't remember being this happy before in months now...
[/b]
That's good to hear. I kind of feel the same way, although at the moment that I'm typing this, I'm rather annoyed, but that's just because I got chewed out by my sister for not answering the phone when it was ringing. *Rolls eyes*, like it's the end of the world.

Then again, I feel happier than I've felt for as long as I can remember cuz I think I've finally come to terms with who I am and a lot of what I plan to do with my life, and I've finally come to feel accepted where I am, which is, in truth, something I have never felt for just about my entire life.

I'm a real loner, Tenebrae you have disgraced all loners! :p
[/b]
(sarcastic) I feel so ashamed. (heh heh heh) :cool:

st33m

Eck, social. I can do that stuff, but I really need to balance it out with nonsocial stuff. Uh... that sounds weird, but I find that after parties I hang out online for a while or whatever...

And being social isnt that bad, I'm going to prom tomorrow. :yay:

Fladian

Actually, it wasn't really an overnight thing. I realized that it's actually a process that's been happening to me for a few months.[/b]
Well, it's just a saying. I'm not interesting in changing that. :p

That's good to hear. [/b]

Except that I... err... we got wet. I was being quite happy. :p

I kind of feel the same way, although at the moment that I'm typing this, I'm rather annoyed, but that's just because I got chewed out by my sister for not answering the phone when it was ringing. *Rolls eyes*, like it's the end of the world.[/b]
Some people find such things important, something I can understand quite well. But I personally hate calling. I am completely insecure when I call, because I probably rely too much on the physical expressions of the person I talk to in a normal conversation. During a phone call, I can't rely on it and I am often very insecure. You'll never see me answering the phone, or call. :p

Then again, I feel happier than I've felt for as long as I can remember cuz I think I've finally come to terms with who I am and a lot of what I plan to do with my life, and I've finally come to feel accepted where I am, which is, in truth, something I have never felt for just about my entire life.
That's something I can relate to as well. Only a short time ago, I discovered something very important about myself; something I should have figured out a long time ago, actually, but never really gave it enough thought. My intention was to prove that the changes were finished today, but I decided not to. Perhaps it would be better if I delayed it to the time I graduate... if I graduate.

Eck, social. I can do that stuff, but I really need to balance it out with nonsocial stuff. Uh... that sounds weird, but I find that after parties I hang out online for a while or whatever...[/b]
That sounds strange; maybe it's because you want to share your 'events' right afterwards. I used to be like that as well... except that I didn't do social stuff. :p

And being social isnt that bad, I'm going to prom tomorrow. :yay:
[/b]
Being social isn't bad at all; I never said it was. But there are people who prefer to be the loner-kind of type, something I cannot blame them for being it as well.

As for going to a/the prom... take me with you! I need some (more) stress relief.

Moagrim

Its good that you've become sociable,I've changed my view on being a loner,recently, and don't think that it's a good thing at all.

Anyway,like i said,it's good that your now sociable,but make sure that u can really trust your friends (even when they're drunk,lol) because last night one of the people I considered a real friend,punched me in the face (his hardest but I was fine,HA !) just because he was drunk. The funny thing is the boy who hit me used to be aloner himself until we "took him under our wing" and he got popular,and really cocky.So If your gonna go out more,watch who you hang around with and don't get cocky,young 'un :D .

Werbung:

Tenebrae

make sure that u can really trust your friends (even when they're drunk,lol)
[/b]

Fortunately, the people I hang out with don't drink, and for most of them, I really doubt they ever will. And I don't really intend on becoming popular, just not as antisocial as I have been.