Don't Hold Your Breath for Wii Sports Sequel

hockeyhero

Given Wii Sports' poplarity and crossover success, you'd think that Nintendo would be fast-tracking a follow-up, but Satoru Iwata says that such is not the case. In an interview posted on Earthbound creator Shigesato Itoi's site, Iwata says that while Nintendo certainly isn't ruling out the idea of a sequel, they're in no rush:

......"We're not going to take such an easy way, not by including seven new sports in the game since Wii Sports has five. We're not closing our doors to the possibility of a sequel, but it's definitely not coming out soon............"

Somewhere, someone at EA's head just exploded at the very thought of not putting out a sequel to a successful sports title.

Link...... http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/09/dont-hold-your-.html

Werbung:

metroidprime3rules

hockeyhero said:
Given Wii Sports' poplarity and crossover success, you'd think that Nintendo would be fast-tracking a follow-up, but Satoru Iwata says that such is not the case. In an interview posted on Earthbound creator Shigesato Itoi's site, Iwata says that while Nintendo certainly isn't ruling out the idea of a sequel, they're in no rush:

......"We're not going to take such an easy way, not by including seven new sports in the game since Wii Sports has five. We're not closing our doors to the possibility of a sequel, but it's definitely not coming out soon............"

Somewhere, someone at EA's head just exploded at the very thought of not putting out a sequel to a successful sports title.

Link...... http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/09/dont-hold-your-.html

me want sequel now......... and woot! 1st comment again!

guyofgod

I think they will make games like madden, nhl (hockey), nfl (football (in the usa - in uk, it's like rugby), nba (basketball), baseball, and golf. I think that is almost all of the games (plus you can also by baseball in the VC if you so chose :p) So that is why they aren't going to make another, they make $305 (5 for the baseball VC) if someone buys all of those games. That's ALOT more than someone buying one game for $40 or so.

killman360

EA? no. Nintendo: mabye. Of course EA is better at sports games, but they have lost there touch over the past few years.

Bungie:wha?:D

kaitora

isn't EA making a game full of playground games such as tetherball? and they can't use mii's cos they aren't licensed to either

Ryano

Guys he wasn't saying EA is making a game with miis.....he was simply making a joke, and it looks like no one but me got it...

wayne-kerr

Forget a sequel for Wii sports, im looking forward to seeing pro evo 2008 on the Wii :), although saying that im still gonna be getting it on ps3 lol

Werbung: