Helmets

Codi69

I personally don't see the sense in buying one. Unless you're in it for style, it's just a waste of cash. Maybe I'm missing something, but will they really ever save your life in the game? I'll just often buy a bandana or something else that will improve my speed or protect against gases.

Like for instance, if you're shot in the head by an L9, if you look (provided that kill cam is on,) it says that it gave you roughly 200 damage, and knives give around 150. So if you add the 100hp you already get plus a helmet that says it gives +35 protection against a headshot. If you do the math, won't your head still go "splat?"

The only thing it MIGHT protect against is a pistol (then again, you better hope it's not a D.Eagle or an Anaconda.) Even at that, you don't encounter a whole lot of pistol headshots in game unless it's a pistol only match.

Basically to recap, do you think it's worth it?

Werbung:

SpIkE_JoNzE

Helmets gives no protection, any kind of helmet can't give it.... even that fireteam thing, it goes down with just a pistol round....

BobPwnsNoobs

Actually , no helmets will ever protect you from headshots. Except for a facegaurd or those smiley masks from the black market which actually reduces chances of headshots.

The truth is , helmets just give you protection overall ... not a headshot proof equipment.

Jordan B

For show, nothing else. Wear it if it fits your style, otherwise, use something to help you in battle :)

My combo - Arctic Camo, Bandanna , Light Vest , and Sports Shades.

Gets the ladies blushing :thumbup:

spuznick242

I think helmets and what not stop it from being a headshot when you get shot in the head. If you get shot in the head it would just count as a normal kill and not an head shot. I got killed by a headshot and I had a helmet on because I wanted to get something new, and when I saw kill cam all the damage was on my head and it said like 125 with an L9, so it does help, but its not going to stop you from getting killed, no matter how you look at it.

I can't confirm this, but i've had instances (once or twice)where i should have had a headshot but i didn't, now it could be lag, but that said they where wearing the black shemaugh at i've had hackusations that i didn't die from a headshot(could be just hackusations, but hey) so IMO they work very rarely, but the bandana is really the only headgear worth buying.

I always start with a good round of FT to get a Shemaugh then im of to CTF, SH or Eml.

E

Elite SEAL

One time I got a lot of gp, so I bought a G36, aviators, and the Combat Helmet -my guy looked sweet, but it is a waste, it doesn't help except for on a coincidental level.

I think I was bereft of a headshot ONCE because I think a guy was wearing a helmet.

oh, and off topic question, does anyone here go to a private high school in Fresno, California?

E

Elite SEAL

Nope I don't think its worth it,but I buy it anyway along with a pair of glasses just to make my character look good.

exactly, all it does is make your guy look good, which isn't bad as long as you have like INSANE GP, like 100,000 or something -get it for like 90 days lol

yocool

For show, nothing else. Wear it if it fits your style, otherwise, use something to help you in battle :)

My combo - Arctic Camo, Bandanna , Light Vest , and Sports Shades.

Gets the ladies blushing :thumbup:

lol i look exactly like that cept for vest and banndana (1 more rank)

E

Elite SEAL

Why do people buy glasses anyway? To look good?

yes, I think a great combo is either the black hat with aviators or a Combat Helmet with aviators.

or for the modern look you could do the same thing just with sport shades, which look pretty good too.

Werbung: