Metroid Movie In the Works?

metroidprime3rules

According to a recent Reuters report, director John Woo has optioned the movie rights to Nintendo's popular Metroid series. Details on the movie are scarce at present, but it's believed that the storyline will focus on Samus Aran's origins, as well as her subsequent battles with the Metroids and Mother Brain.

"We are very fortunate that there is such an extensive amount of material to draw upon for the film, due to there being so many iterations of the game over the years," said Woo.

The movie rights for the Metroid series were originally optioned by producers Warren Zide and Craig Perry in January of last year but were allowed to expire. Woo's game studio, Tiger Hill Games, stepped in to option the rights from Nintendo when they became available again.

"We have to assume the mainstream audience is unfamiliar with the property," said producer Brad Foxhoven. "As for the rest of the film, we will stay true to the game and [will] have Samus battling the Metroids and Mother Brain in a fight for control of the galaxy."

We'll bring you more information on Woo's Metroid movie plans as soon as it becomes available.

Anybody hear any other information regarding the movie? METROID MOVIE HOW SWEETER CAN THAT BE!:dance2::dance2:

Werbung:

Phillysoul11

personally i dont think nintendo will let any1 make a movie about a character of theres....like there was a mario show awile back and it sucked....im pretty sure they learned there lesson :/

metroidprime3rules

lu1g1 said:
personally i dont think nintendo will let any1 make a movie about a character of theres....like there was a mario show awile back and it sucked....im pretty sure they learned there lesson :/

luigi1 they sold the metroid movie rights to John Woo the chinese movie director.:yess:

Danny

A similar movie but with Mario was made..
poster_b.jpg

That movie was funny but it sucked.. :D I bet it would be the same thing..

Danny

metroidprime3rules said:
Danny said:
poster_b.jpg

but that was a old low budget movie. This isnt we are in 2007 with very good special effects.

1993 isn't that far back.. But the budget for this movie was $42,000,000 so that isn't low at all..
Besides the cast was real it didn't have special affects..

metroidprime3rules

Danny said:
metroidprime3rules said:
Danny said:
poster_b.jpg

but that was a old low budget movie. This isnt we are in 2007 with very good special effects.

1993 isn't that far back.. But the budget for this movie was $42,000,000 so that isn't low at all..
Besides the cast was real it didn't have special affects..

but metroid will. See the difference?

TimpZ

nice. i just hope it wont suck like many other game movies like tomb raider. i think resident evil is okay... but those games is more of a horror movie itself :p

Werbung: