My 1st, 2nd, and 3rd model....

abdumac

All three of these models were made by me, from scratch, and all 3 were done today, and plus i just started getting into modeling a couple of days ago....

please dont be harsh on the comments....im a noob to modeling, but if u ask me, i think i did a pretty good job...

Model 1:

[attachmentid=909]

Model 2:

[attachmentid=910]

Model 3:

[attachmentid=911]

please comment....

Werbung:

N00byStance

I like the first two, but the last one is rather not for regualr doodads... It looks a bit "plastic" and I think it has too much poly to serve as a Warcraft model :) But good job though.

TerranUp16

Nice, but with the exception of the second one, they all look a little too high poly for practical WC3 use. Hm, this is a little OT, but does texture baking work in WC3 (texture baking is where you make a low poly model, and then a high poly model, and then create a displacement map from the high poly model, and apply it to the low poly model to make the low poly model look more like the high poly model; the only real downside of texture baking is that it increases the amount of graphical memory required)?

Werbung:

TerranUp16

Food for thought:

TerranUp16's birthday: 23 March 1990. 16 years old.
A professional game designer at age 16. He has not graduated from a post-secondary institute, nor does he have a high-school diploma. Hell, he doesn't even have A+ or MCSE certification. Not even profession training in project management, or human resources. But what he is educated in is not in question. It's what he claims.

How could he possibly manage to work on at least one other game project on top of GTW, do well in high-school, and manage to keep a healthy social life with friends and family? Simple answer: He can't. It's impossible. At least one of those activities have to be thrown out. The real professionals in the video game industry only work on one project (two at most) at a time. A single project requires the full attention of a person in a team environment over a period of 20 - 30 months. That person doesn't go to school, puts in extra hours at home, and barely has time for his/her friends and family. Do you really think that you, a high-school student, can consider yourself a "professional game designer" when you're working on a mod for a game? Hell, you're not even being paid for it (and if you are, that's illegal and you could be heavily fined).

A professional is one that makes a living using his/her skills in exchange for money. TerranUp16, you are not a professional game designer. You are a professional student, and a mod maker.