cl_cmdbackup 2

//])!v!ne W!n])

Developer "1"

Fps_max "102"
Fps_modem "102"
cl_showfps "1"

hpk_maxsize 1

m_filter .5

// weapon cycle (quick weapons change without menu pop up)

bind "MWHEELDOWN" "weapnext"
bind "MWHEELUP" "weapprev"
alias weapnext "invnext;+attack;wait;-attack"
alias weapprev "invprev;+attack;wait;-attack"

alias reload_stop "weapon_knife; wait; wait; wait; lastinv"

bind "q" "reload_stop"

gl_max_size 256
gl_keeptjunctions 0
gl_clear 0
gl_cull 1
gl_dither 1
gl_lightholes 1
gl_palette_tex 1
gl_spriteblend 0
gl_ztrick 0
r_detailtextures 1
r_detailtexturessupported 1
r_mmx 0
precache 0
fs_lazy_precache 0
gl_texturemode GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR
gl_round_down 3
gl_picmip 0
gl_playermip 0
fastsprites 0
cl_dynamiclights 1

-DW

Werbung:

Casualty

wind its impoosibel that you play with your cl_updarerate at 101, tahts jsut dumb, set it lower somewhere betwen 15-30 depending on how good your inet is

Divine_Wind

I know , net settings are really complicated. I tried cl_cmdrate 30 cl_updaterate 15 for about 2 weeks and I would have good games and bad games. My inet is netgear usb wireless

Puppet

All I know is this guy is laggy. I don't get it. You always have good ping on Punx but you lag nearly as bad as billy.

Casualty

no no no wind try this to start you off, cl_updaterate 20 and cl_cmdrate 120

then make sure you have your net_graph 1 or 2

next look at yrou netgraph and check the MS reading, itll be changing constantly, but it should hover around a number, now you awnt this to be no existant, however you DO want it to pop-up everyonce and a while to ensure yoru rates are the max they can be.

so if your MS is above 15-20 then lower your updaterate ONLY

you can do this by one if its not to much higher than 20, or alot if its really high, however lower than 15 usaully cuases firing problems.

if you ahve no MS reading hten raise yoru updaterate until its at eth appropraite level.

any questions post here or talk to me ingame

Puppet

Actually they are not good. If you have a steady ping and you lag like a suminabitch (that would be our friend DW here) then your settings are screwed up.

Puppet

Divine_Wind said:
rate 25000
cl_updaterate 101
cl_rate 9999
cl_cmdrate 100
cl_cmdbackup 2

//])!v!ne W!n])

Developer "1"

Fps_max "102"
Fps_modem "102"
cl_showfps "1"

hpk_maxsize 1

m_filter .5

// weapon cycle (quick weapons change without menu pop up)

bind "MWHEELDOWN" "weapnext"
bind "MWHEELUP" "weapprev"
alias weapnext "invnext;+attack;wait;-attack"
alias weapprev "invprev;+attack;wait;-attack"

alias reload_stop "weapon_knife; wait; wait; wait; lastinv"

bind "q" "reload_stop"

gl_max_size 256
gl_keeptjunctions 0
gl_clear 0
gl_cull 1
gl_dither 1
gl_lightholes 1
gl_palette_tex 1
gl_spriteblend 0
gl_ztrick 0
r_detailtextures 1
r_detailtexturessupported 1
r_mmx 0
precache 0
fs_lazy_precache 0
gl_texturemode GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR
gl_round_down 3
gl_picmip 0
gl_playermip 0
fastsprites 0
cl_dynamiclights 1

-DW

Divine, don't use this config of yours in CAL. According to them you are eligible for a 6 month suspension for several cvar violations.

Puppet

JHoliday said:
wtf is a reload_stop?

Ah, that one is ok. It allows you to stop a reload in progress. You don't get the reload if you use it but the value here is that if you accidentally hit reload or you think your reload is going to get you killed then you can stop it instead of being forced to wait out the reload while your enemy plugs you full of holes.

JHoliday

o, well i have that reload problem too, its a habit, i just switch quickly. now i didnt say it works... but wat does it actually do? stop the animation right then n there and u can shoot?

Misranger

rates..

Maybe this will help..

THE INGREDIENTS:

cl_cmdrate - this should apparently be approximately equal to the FPS you're getting (check netgraph). Too much above or too much below and you'll get choke.
cl_updaterate - you should set this as high as it will go without causing ANY packet loss - if you're getting any loss, that's BAD.
rate - capped at 20000 for online play (25000 at LAN). Setting it too low will cause choke. Setting it too high will cause choke.
ex_interp - the "ideal" is supposed to be 1/cl_updaterate. NEVER set this to zero because CS uses your current cl_updaterate, not the server's. Basically, the higher ex_interp, the smoother play will appear, but true player positions will be less accurate on your screen. Some people prefer to just set this low and leave it there. (0.01)

THE METHOD:

So, to figure out decent settings for you, best thing to do is probably something along the lines of this:
1 ) Turn on netgraph ("net_graph 3" I think is the one you want)

2 ) Start with this:

cl_cmdrate 30
cl_updaterate 40
rate 15000
ex_interp 0.033

3 ) Run around a bit (preferably on a busy server) and take note of your FPS... what you want is you *average* FPS.
4 ) Set cl_cmdrate to that value. E.g. if you're averaging 40 FPS on a busy server, then set cl_cmdrate to 40.

5 ) Run around some more, and see if you experience any choke. If you're getting choke, drop this value by 5. If you're not, increase by 5. Basically - keep doing this for a bit - you want the highest setting you can get before getting any choke / loss. Once you're happy, subtract 5! (safety buffer - and lets us play with the next settings) (max of 101)

6 ) Ok, so we've got our "ideal" cl_cmdrate... let's mess around with the cl_updaterate... Increase your cl_updaterate by 5, then run around some more. If you're not getting choke / loss, add 5. If you are, subtract 5. Basically, find the highest setting for this you can without getting any loss / choke. (max of 101)

7 ) Now that we've got those sorted, change your ex_interp to 1/cl_updaterate - so if your cl_updaterate is 50, you'll use 0.02. If your cl_updaterate is 100, you'll use 0.01. etc. (use a calculator) This value has more to do with the "feel" of the game rather than choke/loss, and some people will tell you to use 0.01 all the time (which is usually the same bunch of people who have decent connections capable of handling cl_updaterate of 100/101 and think they know better - it depends on how much easier you find it playing with a smoothe gameplay vs. a jerky but slightly more accurate one)

8 ) Ok... now you can start mucking about with the rate setting. Start increasing the rate by 500 until you get choke / loss. As soon as you do, decrease it by 500, and voila! You should have a pretty decent game on your hands.

9 ) Hopefully you'll also have a reasonable ping, but your ping, or latency, is actually less important than the rest of the above. Put your trust in the Half-Life server code for client compensation on this one. If you're really worried about your ping, then this is what you need to know: The higher your cl_cmdrate, the higher your ping. So you could try lowering the cl_cmdrate, then repeating steps 5-7 to get your better values for the other netcode (you might find though that you won't get a better cl_updaterate or rate at all). I suggest you forget about ping for an evening and try with the values this little exercise gives you and see how it handles, and only worry about your ping if the feel of the game is still really poo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something else to bear in mind... these settings are not only affected by your hardware, but also by the server you're connecting to (and the settings on that server), as well as every bit of network connection between your PC and the server you're playing on. So while one setup might be fantastic on most servers, you might need to tweak things again if you play on a server where you're getting a lot of choke / loss (a slow server or foreign one for example)

:D

Miss

Werbung:

Divine_Wind

Divine, don't use this config of yours in CAL. According to them you are eligible for a 6 month suspension for several cvar violations

Dear Puppet,

What is the vendetta u have for me? When you scrim another clan and you want it to be legit you execute a cal.cfg which overwrites your settings.But you havent had time to figure that one out on your own yet..Also, smart guy im not in cal im a born regular at punx and will die that way... good luck on your journey to canada

sincerly,
Divine Wind

p.s. oh btw I pwn u

# Rank Victim Name Kills Deaths K:D
43 2 [PuNx]-||-Puppet 8 5 1.60

WooT r teh winnar!