Official World of Warcraft Thread!

Werbung:

Fladian

That friend of mine is pretty fond of it eitherway.

I don't got a girlfriend at the moment, but could have if I wasn't as stubborn as I am. But then again, I don't play WoW. :p

Fladian

Certain games are a hype for some time. Black & White (1) and Metal Gear (Solid) has been quite a hype among my friends too when they were still quite new.

Every game gets less after a while...

MeTaL GuArD

Eh, my only record on playing a game non-stop was playing 8 hours... But i dont remember what i played that time cause it was long ago. Right now im playing averagely 3-4 hours a day(or 4-5-6 hours when noone's home :p), and mostly Wc3 on Battle.net. And also Neverwinter Nights(i love it cause of concentrating on a single person, not a whole group), Diablo II and Sacred occasionaly.

ON TOPIC: I don't have WoW not only cause its expensive to me but also from the fear that i get addicted to that game when ill have it.

Fladian

*points at his closet*
Most time I've ever played a game is probably TheSims (1), which I played with a friend all night long for a while. After a while, we noticed we couldn't keep going for much longer without sleep, so we took breaks. One of us went to sleep, the other one continued, and that went on for a couple of days until the CD exploded. My only experience of an exploding CD.

Ontopic: I don't think I'll get addicted to a game like WoW, though I am pretty well convinced that I won't be addicted to a game any time soon. That's because of many different reasons, yet it is true that I don't have influence on how my mind will work when it happens, of course.

Cronis

well, I dont have it either, I mean I can afford it, but then I cant afford anything else :( , besides that theres 2 DND Minis in really looking forward to buying... but thats off topic, first, hunter_destruction, I'd say from that one post your friend simply played with the wrong people, when everyone around you starts saying stuff like that, you usually start to too.

Besides that I don't really have anything to say, except a few ideas on what the new race might be, plz note that much of my ideas are based on information in the Manual of Monsters (I love guesswork :) ):
First it seems that the east is mainly alliance and west horde, but with one race of opposite faction on each one, the blood elves live near the undead in lordaeron, so it seems to me likely that the new alliance race will be near the night elves.
The pandaren, much to the delight and horror of WoW fans, are a possible race, according to the MoM(Manual of Monsters), they're main population lives on islands, so they could very well be placed on an island near darnassus(or however its spelled) without too much trouble, or simply moved to towns in ashenvale.
Dranei seem to be even less liked than pandaren, from what I've seen, and are likely, since if they do appear it would be on Kalimdor and in the MoM it says they seek to kill orcs at every opportunity.
Then, a very UNLIKELY, but still possible race is the Tuskarr, since they are good but live in northrend, and are looking for a way to defend themselves against the Undead Scourge that they know will come knocking very soon. They are supposed to be the finest Fishers and Whalers in azeroth, so if they do appear they should be interesting...

Meh, I'm fairly neutral as far as WoW, but intently interested in what will happen to the warcraft storyline

Oh, and the Naga are impossible, they're even more evil than they look on War3 and sooo hate the night elves

Cant think of anything else ;)

refl3ction

im thinking bout gettin WoW, infact my friend has turned WoW into a peer pressure 'get it dude' 'everyone plays it'
its kinda like the time some tried to get me to do <strike>meth</strike> weed, but i need to wait to get my comp upgraded...
so what i am asking, is thier eny real reason that i shouldnt get it or eny reason i should get it?

MeTaL GuArD

Its only your choice, but for me this game is far too expensive. Here in Poland i get 20 zl(which is 5 euro) per month, and WoW costed 185 zl, + 45 zl each month. Well yes i got 1300 zl in the bank, but i'm saving for a new comp. And i also think that WoW would have a negative influence on my school grades. >_<

Fladian

Fortunately, with the people I hang out with, I only know two people who have the game. Fortunately (again) they are friends of friends I know too, so I don't see them too often.
So chances are just about 0 that I will get WoW, as I stated earlier.

Even if I had a larger income than I have now, I wouldn't do it. I save it for some other stuff...

MeTaL GuArD

My Battle.net friend played it and said same as Jessica. And my other friend who played it frequently said that it gone boring now. Though... i havent seen him from 3 weeks now... hm...

And WoW aint so popular in the city i live. Really i doubt that anyone even has it here.

Werbung: