Opinion?

Werbung:

Tal-Shar

I've been a legalization advocate since before I started smoking. Restricting a plant for political or moral reasons is illogical. I'm going to quote LMS from when he was trying to make an argument, and not just falming, and answer his questions. Someone else has too, but here it is.

"I'm against it and will always be. I'm a tax payer and people who sell it are breaking more than 1 law."

If you legalize the use of a substance, you take a million criminals and make them law-abiding citizens. I pay taxes, and would support taxing marijuana to. Think of the billions in tax revenue that would generate. Oh yeah, and don't engage in oral sex. Illegal in some states...;)

"Most people that sell it are selling other drugs."

Again, make it legal.

"Starting to smoke it more than likely well get you to do other drugs. Even if it's once."

Why not start earlier. With caffeine. A common stimulant, and everyone who does harder drugs started with caffeine. Or milk. Hey, everyone who ever moved on to harder drugs ate chocolate. Lets ban chocolate, and noone will do harder drugs. BTW, never done cocaine, heroin, crack, meth. Not interested.

"If you have to carry a gun to do your job and you're not Police or the Military than you are a bad guy. I have no room in my world for bad guys. We drop bombs on bad guys."

Legalize. Surprising what that will do to gun carrying drug dealers. Most potheads I've known don't do guns. And BTW, we drop bombs on good guys too. Not a good rationale.

"You can't tell me it good for you and you can't tell me that it's ok to drive after you do it."

Since when did everything that is bad for you become illegal? Morphine, the downgraded version of heroin and pretty nasty by itself, more legal than pot. Alchohol, cigarettes, prescription pain medication, junk food. Not any better for you. And BTW, advocating legalization isn't the same as saying 'go ahead, drink and drive'. Don't use prescription pain medication or alchohol before driving either. Both legal.

"For me smoking weed is not like downloading a song. People lose their lives because because of weed. Anything that is this dangerous should never be legal. Not even for terminally ill people."

Downloading a song. illegal. That makes you a bad guy. Watch out, they're going to be dropping bombs on you. People lose their lives because of weed? Start walking, because tens of thousands die from driving cars. Hundreds die from swimming, from beathing toxic fumes, from arteries exploding with mcdonalds. Number of people ever killed by marijuana OD=0. Zero. None. Not saying some people haven't gotten cancer, not saying it's not addictive. Jogging can be addictive, sex can be addictive. The internet can be addictive. And I don't want any of these made illegal, either.

What marijuana prohibition has caused.

It creates a vast criminal empire, where legitimate business should exist.
It creates an income source for bad guys. Death squads in columbia, and...oh yeah...guys like the taliban make their money because opium prices are overinflated from prohibition, making it a cash cow.
Puts millions of people into the black market.
Vastly increases the use of said substance.

What hemp(industrial cannabis) can do for you.

Makes food, fiber and fuel. They legalized it during WWII, for industry. The parachute and rigging that saved young George Bush I when his plane went down were mostly made from hemp. Henry Ford created a car in the 30's that was made and run mostly from Hemp and flax. Hemp can make paper, and grows much faster than trees. Marijuana has proven effective as a medicine to treat some glaucoma and help aids and cancer patients eat (anti nausient).

Moral reasons why marijuana should be legal.

If I'm not harming someone else, or infringing upon their rights, then I should be able to do it in the privacy of my own home. At the very least.

So what I'm trying to say is, while I don't think it'll happen soon, it should and will be legal. Just a matter of time.

-Tal Shar

Hotsauce

tal shar has my vote for mayor damn it I WANT MY RIGHTS BITCH, nah but seriously i agree with the majority of statements u made, especially about guns , i have 3 guns but now and days that is the solution to every issue. Out here people are quick to pull a trigger and never talk or fight the 1D, shamefull how the news doesnt have enough time to put all this on the news unless they have nuttin else to put! wat a fuckin society

LastManStanding

LOL. Let the pothead losers’ fall behind the guy that thinks he is making an argument.

Why not make all drugs legal? If they are not hurting anyone why not let people do whatever they want?

This is not a basis for saying something should be legal. There is a line that is drawn for what is acceptable and what isn't. That line has been drawn on weed and it is a very good line.

If you want to smoke weed and not get arrested move to Holland.

You people should really go see what other countries do for people that have weed. Life in prison for having weed on you the first time is pretty harsh. Acceptable if you ask me. I don’t' want potheads becoming President of the United States. Ooopps that has all ready happened. I guess that makes it ok then.

Why don't we make murder legal so that we can keep people out of jail? Why not take child molesters out of jail by lowering the age of consent to 5 years old?

That is how I see your request for making weed legal. Stupid and dumb thing to do.

Why don’t we change the title from “What’s your opinion†to “Lets have a fantasy about pot being legalâ€. We all should know that it is never going to be legal. So if you are smoking it and get caught I’m not going to feel bad for you. I hope you go to jail.

Deviant

Why are you such an asshole? Make a fucking argument for once and stop repeating yourself. I want to see your ass go up on a podium and actually debate something, anything just to see your pigheaded ass get laughed off stage when some guy fucking owns you because he's atleast educated on the subject instead of saying ,"You're all fucking losers, the Man said it's illegal so it's gonna stay that way." Answer this, why do you feel the need to be a dick about everything?

LastManStanding

LOL. My dad can kick your dads ass. Thats how you sound Dev. I don't need to debate the point. You debate important issues like abortion. Not weed. When is the last time you heard this. "Do you know whats a good idea, smoking weed. Thats a great idea." I'm sorry that you were not educated to know that doing drugs is wrong. I wish you had better supervision.

eng26dcfd

LMS your arguement on health issues is pretty irrelevent. For one you say cigarretes are legal but did you know that nicotine triggers a dopimine response in your brain that is 3x stronger than heroine. Do you know what happens when your body gets this hit? Everything is bad for you in large quantities. Hell in July an MPD officer in DC died of what amounts to an OD on water. He drank such a large amount in such a short period of time it lowered his sodium levels causing his brain to swell and you guessed it died of water OD. Stop pushing your beliefs on here. You were asked for an opinion not for your personal sermon.

Deviant

LMS my I gaurantee my dad can kick your dad's ass.

I'm sorry that you were not educated to know that doing drugs is wrong.

Lets go hang at the strip bar and have a few drinks. It's fun to drink and watch woman dance.

I hate to tell you but alcohol is a drug...along with nicotine and caffeine. So you don't support companies such as Budweiser, Pepsi, Coca-Cola, or Marlboro correct?

Werbung:

eggs

it wasnt an argument till LMS started acting all high and mighty
so when people replyed with their "Opinion"
like the thread says he got on a high horse
and everyone that posted was ignored by his stupidity...
further more...
i like cookies...
LMS what is your "opinion" about that ?
gonna tell us how they are bad for you too cuz we eat them with the munchies?
nub.